AJ's LL Management Journey!

AJ. Have a good holiday. Its supposed to be nice the next couple of weeks. I know what you mean about the saggy bits. I try and do sit ups and I gues they do help a bit.

I was reading another thread about Eporex treatment which is supposed to be good after weight-loss. Its not not cheap though at about £400 for a couse of 7. I get my bonus in June so I might give it a go.
http://www.minimins.com/lighter-life-forum/11274-anyone-tried-eporex.html

I may even go to my GP and see about a tummy tuck. I have heard you have to maintain weightloss for 2 years before they will do it on the NHS. What I really need is a body lift though. I have heard it can take 12 months after weight loss for things to tighten up a bit - another good incentive to keep the weight off!

Have a fab time away AJ, hope the back gets better day by day and that your food choices contiune to be healthy ones..

Enjoy your break AJ, and dont worry too much. You have all the tools you need to see you through, and if theres a tiny blip.. so what? You know it will be rectified as soon as you get back!!

PS Just ordered an LTT!!! Dont think I am too heavy for it as it said max weight 18st something....and I am actually under that now, although cant quite beleive it!!

Best of luck!

Hi AJ

Just wanted to say thank you for a lovely evening. It was fantastic to meet you at last and you are truly inspirational!

Now I just have to follow your example and get back on that bluddy horse!

Enjoy your busy weekend to come.

Much love

That was quick!

Just managed to wrestle the keyboard away from Jamie! :D Packed him off to bed! Here I am, catching up on all the messages from the past couple of days.

It was equally lovely to meet you, and drink all that coffee!

Get that water down your neck! See you again on Wednesday for another coffee ... or two (hundred)!

AJ:)

I nearly forgot, just telling Jamie that you are related to one of his friends! He can't believe it! Wants to ring Jack up right now! Hehehe.

Hia Tommee

They will be on the gallery somewhere. I put another 'after' one on the gallery yesterday. I do have another 'before' pic which I need to scan onto the computer, I just haven't got round to it yet.

I know there's a way of incorporating all the photos together and post them on threads but I haven't got a clue how to do it!

Hi AJ

I could dothis for you if you want - I did them for Tootsie - you would have to email them to me though - feel free to email the pics to me & I will sort it out for you.

PS enjoy your easter break!

x

Hia Skinny!

"I could dothis for you if you want - I did them for Tootsie - you would have to email them to me though - feel free to email the pics to me & I will sort it out for you."

Aw thanks for the offer, Mini has already done it for me! How're you doing? I'm enjoying my hols. Met Westiegirl last night for coffee and had a good ole' chinwag. It turns out that she is related to one of my son's friends! I will have to try and arrange to come to one of the weekend meets sometime, and meet everyone.

Went to see Theresa today, in Llandudno. She managed to magically improve my back pain as usual, and did the acupuncture. I am a real fan! We had a real good chat because I noticed that she had leaflets about Lipotrim on a table. I told her about my experience with LL and she was amazed.

Yesterday (when I was in Wrexham) I had my porridge as usual for breakfast, and an orange. Then walked to Tesco (20 mins) to buy Averil (Adrian's mum) a new kettle. When I got it home I couldn't find the stand and plug part in the box so had to walk back to exchange it. Took the kids with me and suggested that after the exchange we could pop into Wetherspoons for late breakfast (for them). Anyway, got back to Tesco and spoke with an assistant. She said "Oh yes" she laughed "loads of people have brought them back, but the base is actually IN THE KETTLE". And sure enough, I opened the lid and there is was, stuffed in! I asked if they had thought to put a note on the shelf telling the 'loads' of customers this rather important piece of advice. No, apparently. I suggested that perhaps they should.

At Wetherspoons I ordered for the kids and decided to have the 'fruit bread' option seeing as it is the start of 'bread week'. Two big pieces came, plus two pats of butter. I ate one piece (left the butter). The sky did not fall in! Nothing untoward happened actually. I wrapped the second piece in a napkin and took it back to Averils with me, for later.

It was nice to see Mum and Dad again later on, and they were surprised to see the new slimline me. We visited Rhos on Sea, where my dad's fishing boat is moored, and Jamie and his Grandad messed about on the boat. Me, Jayne and my mum went window shopping! There are several lovely clothes shops in Rhos - they really are worth a second look. We ended up at Forties for coffee. Normally I would have bought a huge ice-cream cornet. Not today. I helped to make the tea (curry/rice) and contributed roasted sweet potatoes, parsnips and corgettes, plus a big bag of spinach!

Today we went to lunch at Wetherspoons in Llandudno and I had chile con carne. Only ate a third and left the rest. Dad and Jamie polished it off! It's now evening and I've just had spag bol (with spinach too, and a bit of cheese). The spagetti we bought from the Westmorland Farm Shop on the M6. It is multicoloured stripes! The kids were very excited about eating stripey spagetti.

Managed to make further arrangements for the weekend. I have decided to spring a surprise on Adrian. On Saturday night we are staying in Liverpool, with my brother's family and on Sunday going to a barbeque at my friend's place. Afterwards, I am going to suggest we check in to a hotel for the night, just the two of us. We could pretend that (a) we've just met and want to get jiggy or (b) we are having an affair and want to get jiggy or (c) we just want to get jiggy! I have bought 'underwear' with me to add a bit of spice to the occasion! Hehehe.

Not sure whether to book something in advance or just turn up, or whether to find somewhere posh (four posters and all that) or a Travelogue. Decisions, decisions.

Foodwise I think I'm doing OK. I have not had any bread yet today, but probably will tomorrow. Have been eating fruit (oranges and apples) and my chocolate packs. Cannot believe that it will be my last week (of packs) next week! I am looking forward to the 'next stage' of the programme - continued maintenance. I actually feel confident at the moment that I am ready for it (I'm certainly ready for something ... Adrian, where are you ...)! Behave yourself!

Ta ta for now!

"We could pretend that (a) we've just met and want to get jiggy or (b) we are having an affair and want to get jiggy or (c) we just want to get jiggy! I have bought 'underwear' with me to add a bit of spice to the occasion! Hehehe."

ooh you little devil!:devilangel:

I long for the day when I feel good enough to get jiggy with my oh! I tend to push him away more than otherwise, these days! Good on you, AJ!

Phew, what a busy few days.

Visited Liverpool on Friday. Bored the kids by parking where I used to work and walking around my old haunts. Embarrassed my daughter by doing 'touristy stuff involving taking photos and posing! Hehehe. Met my old mate and took her to lunch. We went shopping and tried evening frocks on in TK Maxx. The size 12's still fitted! Why am I still so constantly surprised?

Took the kids down to Boreatton Park, near Shrewsbury on Saturday, for their PGL multi-activity holiday - gorgeous day. A first for me was having a can of diet Tango. I haven't touched the fizzy stuff since August.

Later, drove to Liverpool to attend a 21st Birthday party. Another first - had some fruit with chocolate from one of those chocolate fountains. Not much chocolate, but a taste. Also had a glass of wine (and lots of water). I could have wine for a few weeks now but just haven't bothered. Had a great evening but my back is still playing up - I just couldn't dance properly - my wiggle has waggled off!

Stayed at my borthers and next day visited a friend who hasn't seen me since I began LL. She does know about it though. She confessed to being shocked at my appearance and thinks I have 'overdone' it. I can understand her concern because I have never been this slim before, and certainly she hasn't seen me anywhere near a size 12. I guess she will eventually get used to it. I had some anxiety a bit later because she'd arranged a barbeque and I was hoping that there would be healthy choices. There was no veg or salad at all! Unless you count the sweetcorn in the mayo/sweetcorn pasta. I did ok though, considering.

Later, drove to Llandudno for NIGHT OF PASSION with husband (fortunately for him). I'd asked Westiegirl (Sarah) for advice being a local and she'd given me names of a couple of possible hotels which fitted my requirements. Osborne House (part of the Empire Hotel group) was what I booked eventually. Oh boy, what a super time we had!!!;) No sooner in the rooms when I was in the bathroom getting it filled for our 'bath' together. While it was filling, we had a go of the enormous bed. It had steps to climb on it! Then bath time. Then, strangely tired, we had to lie down for a while on the bed....
... later we went out to eat, and popped along the prom to do the slotties! Came back and felt strangely tired again ....

Next morning (this morning), after a power shoer (I really must get one of those things), my breakfast consisted of porridge, smoked poached mackeral and poached egg, and grapefruit/apricots. Will we go again? You bet!

Back to Colwyn Bay today. I had to replace a decorative urn which I knocked down and smashed with the car on the way out of my parents' driveway on Friday. Go to Wrexham tomorrow, and then I pop back to Shrewsbury to pick up the kids. Hubby goes back to Aberdeen, sigh. Back to Colwyn Bay where I will see twin brother and his sons before driving back to Falkirk, via Wrexham again on Thursday. Then, a couple of days to recover and back to work - I will need the rest!

I have missed Minis these few days, it is difficult to get the time to read posts and respond to them. Hopefully, things'll get back to normal next week.

Bored the kids by parking where I used to work and walking around my old haunts.

LOL. I've done that in the past. Why they find it boring goodness only knows:confused:;)

She confessed to being shocked at my appearance and thinks I have 'overdone' it. I can understand her concern because I have never been this slim before, and certainly she hasn't seen me anywhere near a size 12. I guess she will eventually get used to it.
I think people do. A friend of mine told me the same, then saw me 6 months later and said I looked just right.

Interestingly, I weighed slightly less that time.

People expect to see a slimmer overweight person. Takes them a while to get their heads around that we are 'normal'. It takes us time too eh.

AJ great to hear you're having such a great ... and active time! It's got to be like a second honeymoon for you.

Glad you had a good time in Liverpool, I know how embarrassed the kids get when you get a camera out :)

Enjoy the rest of your break

Cath

Hi, Glad to see it's going well. Don't listen to anyone about your weight. I had someone at work ask if I was ill the other day ( he was genuinely concerned bless him) but it was just because he hadn't seen me for a long time. It really takes people a while to get used to the contrast.

:eek: angelxx by angelxx

Hiya AJ.. IT IS REALLY ENCOURAGING READING YOUR POSTS, AS YOU CAN SEE I AM ONLY ON WEEK 4 AND HAVE 10 LONG WEEKS LEFT, BUT IT,S NICE TO KNOW THERE IS A LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, EVEN IF YOU SHARE IT WITH A KITTEN!

YOU ARE DOING SUPERB AND IF I CAN MANAGE WHAT YOU HAVE I WILL BE ONE HAPPY CHICK!

2000_2527_large.png

Hia Angelxx, don't worry - you'll be fine!

So, I'm half way through week 12. That means I can eat moderate amounts of chocolate, crisps, jam, and other high fat, sugar or salt stuff.

I've had jam, and I have had chocolate. Not bothering about crisps - don't like them. I am monitoring my feelings about eating chocolate. So far I have enjoyed the bits I've had, but haven't wanted more.

So, after next Tuesday, I am on my own. That is, no 'rules' to follow which have been set by others. Just rules set by me that I have developed over the past few months.

Can I live in 'adult' mode for most of the time? Yes, why not?

Can I, when I do lapse, revert back to 'adult' mode and 'get over' whatever has happened? That is, will I not throw in the towel and get back on the road to self-destruction. Yes, I believe I can.

If I 'break' any of my self-imposed rules, can I behave in 'adult' mode and actually work out whether the rules need to be changed/reviewed, rather than beating myself up for screwing things up, and focusing on negative thoughts? Again, yes I can.

I have mentioned before 'conscious competence', that is, consciously making the decision to eat healthy choices. That's what I do at the moment. What I want to achieve eventually is 'unconscious competence', that is, making healthy choices automatically. Behaving like a slim person, perhaps.

At the moment I am vigilent and review what I eat to check that it is balanced, with a bit of everything. Hopefully in time I will be able to relax a bit and trust myself to eat everything in moderation. But not yet!

This easter holiday has been a success for me. There have been difficult times - it's always hard when you are staying at several different places and relying on other people's cooking. But as a trial run, I think I did well. I contributed salad veg, and cooked roasted veg and brown rice to accompany dishes when possible. I kept a stash of fruit and porridge oats for breakfasts, just in case there wasn't any where I was staying. I did this so that I could be prepared. Hopefully in the future I can be more flexible!

Hiya amandaJayne,
You have really got my mouth working overtime with the yummy food you have mentioned- just goes to show how powerful thought is eh!
can i just say you are truly inspirational 7 stones loss and you have acheived what most of us dream of Maintaining, well done that must be much harder than loosing the weight in the first place, i see it's not long for your cruise where are you off to? i retired from the navy last year after 22 long years!

Hi AJ

In the style of a Holywood lovey 'Loving your work!':)

I truly am though, im always eager to see the next instalment in your diary. Gives me hope that there is an end to this dit and there is food to be had (in a sensible way)at the end of the weight loss journey (even though u can see by my ticker I have some way to go).

Anyways, can I be really cheeky;) and ask you to post a 12 week list on here of the foods that allowed over the 12 weeks of management.

Sorry for this, but would like to know and my LLC wont show us in 'development' the list yet and says we have to wait to get to management.

Many thanks

Pon

Hia Angelxx,

I don't know about Management being harder than Foundation. With Foundation the choices are taken away from you and you just eat 4 packs plus water every day. That in some ways is difficult, but in others really easy!

With Management you have to begin being responsible for your food choices again, but gradually and specifically. It is scary for someone (i.e. me) who had lost the plot with food years ago and was afraid she would lose it again as soon as food choices became available. I need not have worried though because the preparation over the previous months doing Foundation/Development prepared me well for the challenges I would have to face.

Now with the end of Management in sight, I feel confident that I can continue to make responsible choices most of the time and in adult mode. The Transactional Analysis (parent/adult/child) is a part of the LL programme which is not often mentioned, but actually although it was difficult for me to understand and relate to at first, over time I have realised just how important a part of the programme it has been for MY development.

As far as cruising is concerned - I just lurvve it! It's a med cruise this time. I am not usually too bothered about where we go, and this year I wanted (a) to go from Southampton (b) get cheapest 4 berth cabin (c) go on Navigator of the Seas and (d) go during Scottish school hols. So I booked this the day it came out last June, I think. We've been to most of the places before, except Gibralter, Ibiza and Cagliary. So it'll be back to Livorno, Civitavecchia, Seville, Lisbon and Vigo again. We usually check out the local station and jump on a train to somewhere for the day.

Pon, you are a cheeky girl!

I'll compromise and give you the first week now! If you saw a full list for 12 weeks, it is huge and contains hundreds of items. The first two days consist of one piece of protein. This can be white meat, any fish, egg white or quorn. After that you can include watercress, spinach and other limited green veg, plus a variety of herbs and spices. Oh my Lord I do remember my first bite of salmon on the first day. It was SOOOOOOOOOOO delicious, but I couldn't finish it! Next door's cat got the leftovers!

I hope that's whetted your appetite Pon! Hehehe:D :D :D

I don't want to tread on your LLCs toes though, so be discrete at your meetings!

Oh, you little tease AJ:p !

U have wet my appetite now.

Seriously though, thanks for doing that for me.

I was just looking on the 'success stories thread' and in the 2 most recent pics you have posted on there, in the before u look so 'mumsy' (i dont know if thats the right way to describe it), but now in your M&S dress u look like a woman instead of just a mum (if that makes sense:confused: ?). U look good girl.

Back