ProPoints Alana's Weight Loss Diary

Sweetas15.13

loving being a loser
i set myself a goal of starting weightwatchers 6 weeks postnatal and was determined after my pregnancy i was going to get in control of my weight. luckily i lost weight during my pregnancy as i was desperate not to let things spiral out of control and 'eat for two' so i ate healthily and kept my weight in check... after having my little boy i gained a few lbs back over the christmas period and dont want to let this continue..

so dead on my 6 weeks postnatal date 10th of january i shyly entered my first WW meeting and was so happy to find that everyone was friendly and looking forward to losing weight.. im also excited to meet new people as i dont know any people in my area!

my top weight was 16.4 .... i lost some weight before becoming pregnant and lost some more whilst pregnant... my first WI i was 14.6 and excited for the next meeting! hoping to have a fair loss this week.

although i have had 3 social events in my first week ...eek! a lunch with my sister in laws, i had a chicken wrap, a curry evening with family and a little chinese with friends we hadnt seen in a long time...i did account my daily points to 2 of these without going over my 33 BUT the curry evening did send me to 45 so i used some of my accrued activity points to make up the difference andhavent touched my weeklies.... hopefully i will still make a loss on tuesday! :)

good luck all!!

hey hun seen one of your posts in the weigh-in forum, like you i have just had a baby and have started weight watchers to try and get my weight back under control. Good luck in your weight loss challenge and congratulations on the birth of your little boy xxx

well we are on the right track i reckon! thanks for commenting chic! and congrats on your new addition! amazing isnt it ... i absolutely love being a mummy and want to slim down so i am more able to care for him properly as he grows and so that any potential future pregnancy has less health issues! ... good luck on your journey! one of my main goals was to weigh less than my partner and i now am!! so happpy! :D x

Hi guys! I have about 25lbs to lose and also want to follow WW, i've had 3 pregnancies in quick succession, (my eldest son is 2yrs 7 months, my youngest was 1 last week and we lost a baby boy at 20 weeks :-( ) And gradually the weight has snuck up in me.
This is my first post here, glad I found the site, looks really friendly and encouraging! Sure we can do it together!!! :-D
Good luck with your weight-loss and congrats on the bubba's! Xxx

7lb down 25lb to go!! Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hey Stephanieshrinks! welcome to the site i have found it to be a good place for support and to have a chat with people dealing with the same issues... instead of boring my family stiff all the time lol.congrats on your little ones and im very sorry to hear about your loss!

my first weigh in is tonight and i am apprehensive as to what it will be... my diet has completely changed! im eating soo much more than i was before yay!! but making much better choices ... i cant believe how many points were in the few things i usually ate!! i just cnt see a loss when ive eaten so much and not been hungry! i know the difference between a good and bad diet but the points system has given me perspective! :)

well we are on the right track i reckon! thanks for commenting chic! and congrats on your new addition! amazing isnt it ... i absolutely love being a mummy and want to slim down so i am more able to care for him properly as he grows and so that any potential future pregnancy has less health issues! ... good luck on your journey! one of my main goals was to weigh less than my partner and i now am!! so happpy! :D x

Its the best thing ive ever done, ive always struggled with my weight and i would hate for my little girl to pick up on my bad habits and go through the same issue with her weight as i did..... best motivation for losing weight ever!!! congrats on weighing less than your partner - that was one of my goals to, feels so much better for it. anywho let me know how you get on with your weigh in, good luck xxxx

hey shelby :) i noticed you live in northampton! i live in rushden! lol funny eh! first weigh in went well considering my 3 social events this week... -3lbs! so im super happy with that :D looking forward to the next week and enjoying my new way of eating...i honestly think this is the best decision that i ever made :)

what day do you weigh in? :) x

Oh my! What are the odds...?! I'm in Rushden too!! Haha! That is sooo weird!

I just decided randomly to join Slimming World and went along tonight, (South End school) was good, feel all inspired and ready to crack on :)

xxx

hey shelby :) i noticed you live in northampton! i live in rushden! lol funny eh! first weigh in went well considering my 3 social events this week... -3lbs! so im super happy with that :D looking forward to the next week and enjoying my new way of eating...i honestly think this is the best decision that i ever made :)

what day do you weigh in? :) x

NO way! small world ay!!! -3lb *gives you massive applause* i weigh in on a tuesday too, lost 5lbs this week and i dont feel like i have really had to restrict myself..... crazy times. :) go us!!! x

Oh my! What are the odds...?! I'm in Rushden too!! Haha! That is sooo weird!

I just decided randomly to join Slimming World and went along tonight, (South End school) was good, feel all inspired and ready to crack on :)

xxx

smallest world ever what are the odds!!! we all live in like 20 mile of each other.... slimming world is supposed to be really good my friend lost loads of weight on that and has kept it off too! good luck xxx

That's mental... We all live so close!!! Haha! Good on you stephie for joining SW I looked into that but couldn't find a class to suit my times... So I chose WW ...:D

Shelby well done big grins on you -5lb loss that's fab!!! So chuffed for you!!! :D

It's amazing I've had a lunch, curry night n Chinese n still managed to lose weight! I'm eating so much more than I was before but making better more educated choices :D xx

do you go to classes hun or do it online? how have you been doing today ok? ive still got 23 points left and its half 4!!!! looks like im getting a yummy dinner tonight! xxx

i go to classes to keep me motivated but im using monthly pass so i get esource free :D do you do meetings or esource? x

i have 19ppts left :D so im gonna enjoy tea tonight aswell lol what you thinking of having?
yesterday my little boy was a bit challenging so i ended up with 12 unused ppts!! woopsy! just couldnt find the time to fit them in lol!

nevermind i will try use all of todays :D

I had chicken wrapped in parma ham with cheese and sweet potato chips and salad was lush! i do esource, find it easier with little one.
I completely get where u coming from with the whole challenging thing, when people say having a baby changes your life...... they wernt lying! xxx

Sounds lovely! I had madras with quorn on petit pains... Yummy!

Yeah they certainly are time consuming! I love him to bits though especially as I now get grins and stuff! I quite like the meeting as it gives me an hour out of the house n my husband gets an hour with Preston on his own which is nice :)

How old is your little one? Mine was 7 weeks on Tuesday! Feels like he's been here forever :) x

My little girl (Isabel) is 14 weeks old on monday. Its gone so quick!!!
How you doing with sleep ect? Were quite lucky Isabels slept through from about 6 weeks old 8pm-8am, I'm so glad cause i am the worst person ever when i am tired..... Are you on Maternity leave at the mo? xx

Preston is 7 weeks tomorrow and goes a good stretch at night but not quite 12 hours lol he went from 8.30 to 5.30 last night! Pretty amazing lol! But we didn't go to bed til 11 expecting he would want a feed then! Haha nevermind! Im no good when I'm tired either but managing! You are soo lucky!
Yes I'm on mat leave but don't know whether to go back as I don't have childcare and I can't just do weekends so may look for a night job... If my artwork business doesn't take off that is...

Are you on maternity!? How you doing on the plan this week? :D

So weigh in tomorrow!

Had a rather heavy weekend again. Catching up with all my friends at the weekends now the bubba is here and settled, so did have 15 ppts of alcohol, party platter food around 18ppts worth and lemon meringue around 9ppts ... As I knew I would be having a heavy Saturday night I did just have 2 portions of cereal for breakfast n lunch!
So I went over my allowance but have been earning and logging all of my activity so use those before my weekly.

I do it this way so if I do go over I am more inspired to earn the extra ppts than rely on my weekly allowance

Also wanted to say I am absolutely in love with WW food line all of the yogurts, desserts, cakes, and tins are tasty and are easy and more enjoyable than the majority of the other brands! Big thumbs up there!

Apart from Saturday night all of my meat has been replaced with quorn and it's very enjoyable! Update tomorrow with my weigh in results yay although nervous I get excited and look forward to the meeting :)

Sounds good! Fingers crossed for a fab result at wi tomo! :-D (I have my first one tomo too! Eeek! Lol)

Xx

Back