Alcohol and Atkins

letsgetlosing

I know this has been done to death but just wondered if one glass of white wine aday would really have a detrimental affect on the plan. I know that any more can lead me to reach for the crisps! But one before my dinner...I think would be ok.
Also while I have you here could you review yesterdays menu please :)

B- Sausage with scrmabled eggs cooked in 1 tbsp butter.
L- 2 chicken thighs, boiled, then sauteed in 1 tbsp EV O.Oil then I added 2 oz cheese and served with about half a cup of red cabbage...with mayo.
D- Frittata made with mushrooms and 4 medium size meatballs, with 2 oz cheese on top. Served with red cabbage in mayo.

2 litres water plus 2 green teas :)

The reason people suggest avoiding alcohol is because while it is in your system, your body stops burning fat and burns the alcohol off instead. Which means, if you have a glass of wine every day, there's a good chunk of that day in which you're not burning off any fat AT ALL!

Let's say you have around 225ml of wine, that contains 3 units of alcohol. On average, it takes around 1 hour for your body to burn off 1 unit of alcohol. So, that's 3 hours every day that your fat burning will just grind to halt.

In theory, you could still loose weight doing that, but it would be significantly slowed down. If you don't mind that, however, then go for it :) The plus side being, it won't kick you out of ketosis. But if you find you're stalling or loosing very little, maybe try and limit it to just the weekends?

As for the menu, it all seems okay. Just make sure that the meatballs (if they're stor bought) don't contain binding agents like rusk or breadcrumbs.

Back