Alcohol and losing weight

~Jen~

Hi all :)

Just wondering your opinions on alcohol and weight loss?

Now, I am not talking a huge amount of alcohol regularly, just a few drinks a few times a week.

I (like many many others) cannot afford to go out as often as I used to (I go out about once a month max) so I really look forward to a few drinks at home with my husband on the weekend. I would have no more than 5 drinks (vodka and diet mixer) on a Friday and a Saturday and sometimes I would have 2 or 3 drinks (same drink) midweek.

Does anyone know if this would seriously hamper my weight loss efforts, even if I was good with food and exercise? Does anyone have any links to research that proves yes or no?

I don't have any research links, just from experience I find that alcohol calories don't seem to stick as much as food calories for me, so when on Weightwatchers, if I blew my 49 treat points on wine, I would still see a loss, but if I blew them on takeaway my loss would be much smaller or a sts. Not sure how that worked. I'm sure if you counted the calories it wouldn't make a difference though.

Back