Alcohol help please!!

Jade_123

Hiii :) I've been doing SW for 5 weeks now and I'm currently 1st 1/2lb down and absolutely loving the diet. I don't really drink nowadays BUT i'm going out Sunday and its going to be a pretty big day/night and will involve a lot of alcohol unfortunately, (i am really looking forward to it mind) So I was wondering what your suggestions are as to what I should drink? I would usually have vodka/orange etc but syns in juice are so high i don't want to add up tonnes of syns just in mixers! I know I should just let myself go and enjoy the day, which I will, but I will feel better knowing I am having less syns than I could lol! Thankyou

If voddys your thing, have with a diet coke.

Hope you have a great night out x

If you like gin, a single with slimline tonic is 3 syns. I find low-syn drinking to be ok (I can have 5 G&Ts!) but the problem I have is the eating on the way home (hello kebab!) or when I'm feeling rough the next morning. I try and avoid this by planning ahead and having a big free meal before I go out and make sure that in the fridge there are some free snacks for when I get home and the makings of a sw fry-up for the hangover!

As other posters have said, to drink low syn is easy. Spirit and diet mixer is low syn BUT it's later on that evening or next day that booze munchies can strike!! Be prepared. :)

Have a good time.

Our old consultant used to say that it's not the alcohol that does the damage, but the food you eat because of the alcohol! So I agree with what others have said, plan ahead and stock the fridge with tasty but free food for when you get in, and make sure you have stuff for breakfast the next day.

Back