Alcohol -Induction

lhs78

I know that alcohol isn't allowed on induction but what is the effect of it if I do have a drink? I am seeing an old friend on Saturday and I know that we will have a few drinks. I know I can stick with the food and I will stick to vodka and diet coke. Will this just stall my weight loss for a few days? Will I put on any that I may have lost this week? I will do a three week induction due to this to try and make up for it.
Thanks for any advice!
BTW I am only on day one of inductution at the moment

Hi there

It stalls some people or their losses aren't as good. I would drink tons and tons of water the next day to flush it right out of your system.

And don't I know it! The thing is, I think I can still drink as much so I power on through and end up getting trollied! :D

THanks for the replies!!!
That reply about the dangers of drinking has really scared me!!

You'll definately be a cheap date!! :D

I drank in moderation most Friday nights during induction. I say in moderation because I was such a lightweight LOL

Hi Jim, what did you drink and approx how much? I know we are all different, but would be interesting to hear! What were your losses like in induction and what day was weigh in?
Thank you!

I lost a steady 2 - 3 pounds a week most weeks on Induction L, and I drank dry red wine, generally a bottle. But be warned, it's no joke you will get drunk very easily on induction, believe me.

I've not had a drink yet but may be having one or two JD & diet cokes or vodka and diet coke a week on sat when I meet up with some girls I used to work with that I've not seen since I was 16st 8lb so really looking forward to that part.

Indeed. I'm not a huge drinker and not keen on the "out of controll" drunk feeling but do enjoy the odd tipple lol. When I was on LT I started making different liquers. So far I've made Sloe Gin, Sloe Vodka, Cranberry Gin and Pineapple vodka. I know I wont be able to have these for quite a while but should be nice when I can. According to my taster (Dad) the cranberry one and the pineapple ones are pretty good and the sloes are still in the spirits.

Back