• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Alcohol -Induction

lhs78

S: 11st12lb C: 11st5lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 26.5 Loss: 0st7lb(4.22%)
I know that alcohol isn't allowed on induction but what is the effect of it if I do have a drink? I am seeing an old friend on Saturday and I know that we will have a few drinks. I know I can stick with the food and I will stick to vodka and diet coke. Will this just stall my weight loss for a few days? Will I put on any that I may have lost this week? I will do a three week induction due to this to try and make up for it.
Thanks for any advice!
BTW I am only on day one of inductution at the moment

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Mets

Gold Member
C: 11st3.5lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 27
Hi there

It stalls some people or their losses aren't as good. I would drink tons and tons of water the next day to flush it right out of your system.

Mets

Gold Member
C: 11st3.5lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 27
And don't I know it! The thing is, I think I can still drink as much so I power on through and end up getting trollied! :D

lhs78

THanks for the replies!!!
That reply about the dangers of drinking has really scared me!!

Jim

Big Boy
S: 25st0lb C: 13st1lb G: 13st1lb BMI: 24.1 Loss: 11st13lb(47.71%)
I drank in moderation most Friday nights during induction. I say in moderation because I was such a lightweight LOL

lhs78

Hi Jim, what did you drink and approx how much? I know we are all different, but would be interesting to hear! What were your losses like in induction and what day was weigh in?
Thank you!

Jim

Big Boy
S: 25st0lb C: 13st1lb G: 13st1lb BMI: 24.1 Loss: 11st13lb(47.71%)
I lost a steady 2 - 3 pounds a week most weeks on Induction L, and I drank dry red wine, generally a bottle. But be warned, it's no joke you will get drunk very easily on induction, believe me.

xx Cathy xx

Bye Bye Huge Bottom!
S: 16st12lb C: 13st0lb G: 11st0lb Loss: 3st12lb(22.88%)
I've not had a drink yet but may be having one or two JD & diet cokes or vodka and diet coke a week on sat when I meet up with some girls I used to work with that I've not seen since I was 16st 8lb so really looking forward to that part.

xx Cathy xx

Bye Bye Huge Bottom!
S: 16st12lb C: 13st0lb G: 11st0lb Loss: 3st12lb(22.88%)
Indeed. I'm not a huge drinker and not keen on the "out of controll" drunk feeling but do enjoy the odd tipple lol. When I was on LT I started making different liquers. So far I've made Sloe Gin, Sloe Vodka, Cranberry Gin and Pineapple vodka. I know I wont be able to have these for quite a while but should be nice when I can. According to my taster (Dad) the cranberry one and the pineapple ones are pretty good and the sloes are still in the spirits.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Fitness Health and Exercise 0
Syn Values 1
Slimming World 1
Atkins Diet 4
Atkins Diet 5