Alcohol, my final battle...

I was on Citalopram for a while and heeded the drs advice about no drinking for all of ...ummmm a week. I didn't really notice a different tbh but it was bloody stupid doing it and it no doubt put me behind in learning about why I was on them in the first place. Good on you for sounding very positive about it, I hope the meds give you the head space to get you back to normal :) x

My booze issues have been sorted for me as i have just been prescribed antidepressants / anxiety pills to help me get my head back togeather .....after i started with pnd after the birth of my son 3 yrs ago thought i was coping ok with councelling and support but changes at work have caused a breakdown .... So due to Meds that Means no wine .... I didnt drink Alot but drinking full stop Is a no no on these Meds x

Pnd is no fun, Mums should get more help with this, I think in some small way I had something stopping me enjoying being a first time mum, I was convinced my hubby and I were splitting up, got myself in a right tangle!

I'm glad to hear you got it sorted :)

Hope you enjoyed the medicinal whiskies! :)

I've got a hen do this Saturday, but I'm aiming to stick to 35-40 alcohol syns. That way I can enjoy the night but will still have enough syns for the rest of the week so I don't feel deprived xx

Only had 1, would of preferred a wine of corse but as it was purely medicinal it was ok!

Just noticed hubby had a magners after I went to bed, you see if I wasn't ill and gone to bed at 8 I dunno if I could of resisted a glass of wine when he's sitting there drinking. This is the biggest challenge, I think it's time for hubby and I to have a little chat......

I'm fine if hubby has a lager as can't stand the stuff. Am going to try and have a 'dry' weekend this weekend. Want to give the diet a good kick start. My problem is an open bottle is an empty bottle so one wouldnt be enough!

I used to have a couple of bottles of wine a week :eek: But since doing SW and going to the gym I've cut back to only on special occasions. The slimming world thing was part of a whole change my life thing, losing weight made me realize I could be control of my body, so I quit smoking and trusted SW would help me keep the weight off and it did. I now look forward to special occasions to have a flexi syn night and I like the smug feeling of going to the gym on a Sunday morning instead of having a hangover ;)

I've had my 15 syns on wine tonight, enjoyed every sip but knew when to stop and feel pretty good about it!

This is my biggest barrier to losing weight! Hubby and I don't drink during the week but as soon as Friday night hits I have to open the wine. Even tonight I deliberately didn't buy any but hubby came in with a bottle and that was it :-/ I have been known to drink a full bottle in one night on my own as hubby drinks beer. It's stopping me losing weight and now I'm worried about the possible effects on my health. I'm up for any challenge to control it!

Last edited:
This is my biggest barrier to losing weight! Hubby and I don't drink during the week but as soon as Friday night hits I have to open the wine. Even tonight I deliberately didn't buy any but hubby came in with a bottle and that was it :-/ I have been known to drink a full bottle in one night on my own as hubby drinks beer. It's stopping me losing weight and now I'm worried about the possible effects on my health. I'm up for any challenge to control it!

Do you like anything else to drink? I lose better after switching to vodka and diet coke which will be my drink tonight, the wine went down to easy last night! :)

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site. Read this thread with much interest :) as it is all too familiar. I have joined SW this week and am deliberately trying not to have anything to drink as I know this is like a switch in my brain, which leads straight to the fridge for cheese or chocolate or some other calorie laden food!!
Last night would normally have take out curry with copious amounts of wine, but feeling quite happy this morning having stuck to the plan last night and only had allowed food and diet pepsi. I don't know how I did it but feel so much better today and could pat myself on the back.:patback: However, I think switching to the vodka and coke sounds like a good substitute when I fancy a tipple as one glass of wine tends to end up being a bottle!

Hi and welcome!

I've just bought some diet lemonade for a spritzer later if I want one, otherwise my drink will be voddy and coke tonight :)

Do you like anything else to drink? I lose better after switching to vodka and diet coke which will be my drink tonight, the wine went down to easy last night! :)
I like bacardi and pepsi max, but I find that the caffeine in the pepsi stops me sleeping! I think I'm going to give it another shot though (excuse the pun!) :)

I like bacardi and pepsi max, but I find that the caffeine in the pepsi stops me sleeping! I think I'm going to give it another shot though (excuse the pun!) :)

I also have the same problem which is why I swapped to fresh lime and soda. Very refreshing! Xx

Fancy setting ourselves a little challenge to keep us on the straight on narrow? I could do with a buddy! Xx

Hi Hun

I'd love to do a no drinking challenge again.
I'm off to Mexico on 15th April for 2 weeks but when I'm home I'm going to re join SW and really go for it.
I'm starting my new job on 1st may too so would like a good challenge xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My booze issues have been sorted for me as i have just been prescribed antidepressants / anxiety pills to help me get my head back togeather .....after i started with pnd after the birth of my son 3 yrs ago thought i was coping ok with councelling and support but changes at work have caused a breakdown .... So due to Meds that Means no wine .... I didnt drink Alot but drinking full stop Is a no no on these Meds x

Which ones are you on Hun? I take Citalopram for my anxiety and depression and it was only recently I actually realised I shouldn't be drinking on them oops.
I hope you start to feel better soon xxx

Hi Hun

I'd love to do a no drinking challenge again.
I'm off to Mexico on 15th April for 2 weeks but when I'm home I'm going to re join SW and really go for it.
I'm starting my new job on 1st may too so would like a good challenge xxx

Ok cool well perhaps may will be a good fresh month to start a challenge, mine will be to cut back, not give up as that's my ultimate goal.

Feeling quite bad after last nights excessive drink which lead to naughty eating! That's the problem with it! I need to stuck to my syns and enjoy what I'm aloud to have!

I haven't read this whole thread but I'm the same. Did dryathlon, lost weight and felt really proud. Then had a horrible Feb and have been drinking way too much. I've decided to stop again, hopefully for another month to get back into losing weight and also saving cash.

Oh and what really really annoys me about myself is I felt so good in Jan and it wasn't even that difficult to do. Obviously have no will power where red wine is concerned.

Urgggg I'm disgusting, I nearly drank a whole bottle of wine today!
I did the same :-/
I have half a bottle of red and half a bottle of white wine left. I am seriously thinking about pouring them down the sink because I know that I'll finish both off tonight in order to start a new week afresh! This is the mentality that got me 3 stone overweight in the first place:-/

Back