Alcohol, my final battle...

Lucylu79

Gold Member
I'm at target so Ive cracked the eating but my alcohol habits are still something that I want changing!

I successfully completed a challenge to not drink for the whole of jan, found it easy and really enjoyed the support on here and reading back I so wanted it to change my lifestyle forever, did it? NO.

I don't think I drink too much? A typical week would mean that fri, sat and sun my full 15 syns would be on alcohol, rarely over unless an occasion. The problem is I have no willpower in the week and a bad day can trigger me wanting a glass of a weeknight, especially if hubby also has a bad day.

What I really want is to get into a situation where drinking in the week is very rare and only on occasions say.

I'm just posting in case anyone has thought they too would like to change things, or has successfully changed their habits! I'd love to hear from you.

yeah this is constant for me and what made my weight gain worse actually..usually 1 pint of beer is not enough and crisps have to go with it too..
maybe try to get hubby on board or think ahead of what other activities you can do when you're feeling down?

I have found the opposite - I have cut back quite a bit since doing the dryathlon :) it made me realise how ill alcohol makes me at times and also how much I used to drink was disgusting. I can't imagine thr money I've spent on it through my life :(

I'm sorry to hear you haven't got much in the way of change since, but I'm sure the other ladies and men who completed January's challenge will back me when I say that we're here for you :) I am slightly dreading festival season asthia is when my alcohol abuse is at its worse, but at least I rarely drink at home anymore. I don't know what advice to give you really as I just suddenly didn't want to drink at home pointlessly anymore and realised I didn't need to. I have abstract in my kitchen too so I am surrounded by alcohol and am not even tempted by it so something has changed in my mind. I hope it can for you too but don't wait for it to happen - make it happen! You've conquered food, now its time to get drinking under control. Find out what your triggers are and think of something positive you can do to better this situation rather than turn to drink/food etc :)

Set yourself some little targets - no drink next week, 30 syns total for weekly alcohol etc. this will reward you for not drinking of sticking to plan just like sticking to the diet does :)

Since starting sw my alcohol consumption has really reduced as I didn't want to just use syns for booze! We can't really afford wine in week (unless I have a very far girls night out!) And on weekend I now buy low alcohol wine (5.5%) at only 12 syns for whole bottle I don't feel at all like I'm either missing out or wasting precious syns! Good luck!

I've been aware of the need to throttle back the alcohol for quite a while, and going back to SW has made this easier, not that OH helps when he brings a BOX of wine home ! I find it easy to have none during the week,tho when I was at work,I was so stressed I used it as medication.At the weekend it is more problematical,so I tend to "bank" some syns from during the week, that way I don't go over my weekly syns and feel as tho I've had my fix! And luckily Ihad some blood tests the other week and my GP said they were normal!

I'm at target so Ive cracked the eating but my alcohol habits are still something that I want changing!

I successfully completed a challenge to not drink for the whole of jan, found it easy and really enjoyed the support on here and reading back I so wanted it to change my lifestyle forever, did it? NO.

I don't think I drink too much? A typical week would mean that fri, sat and sun my full 15 syns would be on alcohol, rarely over unless an occasion. The problem is I have no willpower in the week and a bad day can trigger me wanting a glass of a weeknight, especially if hubby also has a bad day.

What I really want is to get into a situation where drinking in the week is very rare and only on occasions say.

I'm just posting in case anyone has thought they too would like to change things, or has successfully changed their habits! I'd love to hear from you.

I'm exactly the same Hun. I also did the Dryathalon for cancer research and found it easy but now I have to admit the odd nights in the week I find I now have a drink especially after a rubbish day.

I want to get out of the habit too. I guess the best way around it is to not have any in the fridge lol xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm exactly the same Hun. I also did the Dryathalon for cancer research and found it easy but now I have to admit the odd nights in the week I find I now have a drink especially after a rubbish day.

I want to get out of the habit too. I guess the best way around it is to not have any in the fridge lol xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Fancy setting ourselves a little challenge to keep us on the straight on narrow? I could do with a buddy! Xx

Count me in. Alcohol is my biggest downfall on the plan :(

Cool well I'd like to start Monday if that's ok with everyone else?

My challenge is too not drink mon - thurs which will be hard as hubby and I have the week off to look after our little boy who is having an operation.

I used to like a few glasses of wine at the weekend. One weekend DH and I had a bottle and a take away. I felt so guilty afterwards and didn't enjoy it because of that.

Since then I haven't had any alcohol unless going out. It just doesn't seem with it for me.

How about more - you can have alcohol 2 days a week? Then if you really really need some, or have a midweek event to go to, you are still covered and can cut back on weekends? I am finding it easy to resist but it was really making me feel rough at times! I think I was a little reliant on it at times and am glad to have broken that cycle. I just need to learn when to stop when I am drinking.

I think my nights out are also sabotaging my weight loss. I try my best to stick to a certain limit, but once I've had a few the temptation is to carry on drinking like a fish. Luckily I usually only drink on a Saturday night, but my biggest downfall is having the post-alcohol binge mindset of "oh well, I've wrecked my week now so I may as well just continue having loads of syns because I'll never lose now this week anyway". I really need to do something to sort this out as it's having a big impact on my weight loss, and also my motivation.

That was my roundabout way of saying I'm up for some kind of long-term challenge once I'm back home from my holidays with mum and dad :) xx

Hope you enjoyed the medicinal whiskies! :)

I've got a hen do this Saturday, but I'm aiming to stick to 35-40 alcohol syns. That way I can enjoy the night but will still have enough syns for the rest of the week so I don't feel deprived xx

My booze issues have been sorted for me as i have just been prescribed antidepressants / anxiety pills to help me get my head back togeather .....after i started with pnd after the birth of my son 3 yrs ago thought i was coping ok with councelling and support but changes at work have caused a breakdown .... So due to Meds that Means no wine .... I didnt drink Alot but drinking full stop Is a no no on these Meds x

Back