Alcohol, my final battle...

I did the same :-/
I have half a bottle of red and half a bottle of white wine left. I am seriously thinking about pouring them down the sink because I know that I'll finish both off tonight in order to start a new week afresh! This is the mentality that got me 3 stone overweight in the first place:-/

I agree it does sabotage your good intentions as I am in the same place too! Hubby won't give it up though so have to sit there looking at him drinking it :mad:

Ok cool well perhaps may will be a good fresh month to start a challenge, mine will be to cut back, not give up as that's my ultimate goal.

Feeling quite bad after last nights excessive drink which lead to naughty eating! That's the problem with it! I need to stuck to my syns and enjoy what I'm aloud to have!

We can do it Hun. We will have to set up a SW team for the team thread then really go for it xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'll join ya too - I will list the dates of when i will be drinking in May (maybe 5 days/nights i think) and will stay dry for the rest of the month. I might also try and NOT have any cider (eeeeek!)

Few tips came back into my head from the boozy old days. If you drink white wine, make it into a long drink with cold soda water, i.e. a spritzer, also easy to order if you are out. If red wine is your fancy, make sure the glass is a small one. My favourite used to be the size of a chamber pot ! and pour a glass of cold mineral water to drink alongside it as they do in France. If throwing a party or bar-b-que, keep yourself topped up with Ribina. Everyone will think you are drinking wine and won't try to derail your plans :rolleyes:

I'll join ya too - I will list the dates of when i will be drinking in May (maybe 5 days/nights i think) and will stay dry for the rest of the month. I might also try and NOT have any cider (eeeeek!)

We can do it :) xx

That is a fab idea! I have a few things on in May (a friend's 40th and my wedding anniversary) so I could drink just on those occasions and have a dry month. That sounds good!

Just been working out my long term savings goals and there's just no room for extra money on wine! Must arrange a challenge, we thinking a may challenge ladies? I could do one in the teams section? X

I love wine,lager and vodka..

I have found that drinking ginger ale stops me craving alcohol. So I tend to keep some of that in the cupboard for when the urge for alcohol calls me during the week..

Weekends is another story x

I love wine,lager and vodka..

I have found that drinking ginger ale stops me craving alcohol. So I tend to keep some of that in the cupboard for when the urge for alcohol calls me during the week..

Weekends is another story x

Ive been buying the 1 syn lager from Sainsburys and also the cans of diet shandy from Asda, I find them nive nd refreshing xxx

The low cal/low % boozes do nothing for me because sadly I mainly drink to get drunk. Luckily a massive social fail last month put me off boozing and I haven't really since apart from once where I stuck to 40 syns of vodka diet coke. I, like someone earlier on, used to be on Citolapram and I am back to docs next week and most likely back on this or similar so won't be able to drink. Will help a lot though

The low cal/low % boozes do nothing for me because sadly I mainly drink to get drunk. Luckily a massive social fail last month put me off boozing and I haven't really since apart from once where I stuck to 40 syns of vodka diet coke. I, like someone earlier on, used to be on Citolapram and I am back to docs next week and most likely back on this or similar so won't be able to drink. Will help a lot though

I'm on citalopram too so have to be careful with drinking xxx

Back