Alcohol, my final battle...

From the NHS website: "Evidence shows that fluoxetine does not react with alcohol or increase its effects. Similarly, with sertraline, citalopram and escitalopram alcohol is unlikely to significantly increase side effects."

I've been on citalopram for five years and I'm able to drink normally. Don't want people to think you can't live a 'normal' life while on anti depressants.

From the NHS website: "Evidence shows that fluoxetine does not react with alcohol or increase its effects. Similarly, with sertraline, citalopram and escitalopram alcohol is unlikely to significantly increase side effects."

I've been on citalopram for five years and I'm able to drink normally. Don't want people to think you can't live a 'normal' life while on anti depressants.

Wow that's interesting to read. I was told under strict doctors instructions but rebelled on quite a few occasions and the results weren't pretty

Thanks Hun, I've always been a little worried about drinking more than 2 or 3 drinks in case I have side effects xxx

Well I'm sitting here feeling very satisfied after having my last heb on Alpen lights washed down with an options hot choc, all for a measley 2 syns. If it were a glass of wine I never would of measured it.

Feeling great.

Urgggg my friend I sit with at class was saying how she had a bottle of wine waiting for her! Never mind, I'm determined to not drink until sat!

Urgggg my friend I sit with at class was saying how she had a bottle of wine waiting for her! Never mind, I'm determined to not drink until sat!

Lol!!! How many syns is a bottle of wine?
I'm rejoining class on 30th April and thinking of doing an alcohol free month in May.
Anyone else up for the challenge?xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I will do a challenge but not alcohol free as I already have things planned but defo to lower what I'm having!

Haven't had any since sun though, get me x

Ok so I nearly had one tonight!

Came home after a stressful day and said to hubby how I fancied one and although be said go for it I didn't!

My fri night has changed now, so yes, I think I will be having a few but I'm thrilled to not have drunk any night this week :)

Thanks Hun, I've always been a little worried about drinking more than 2 or 3 drinks in case I have side effects xxx

Im a mental health nurse and the reason that its not advised is because alcohol is a depressant so it can be counter productive, the occasional drink should be okay though xxx

Im a mental health nurse and the reason that its not advised is because alcohol is a depressant so it can be counter productive, the occasional drink should be okay though xxx

Thanks for your help Hun :)
I'm trying to avoid it where possible and only like to have a drink or 2 if I go out for a meal with my hubby xxx

Thanks for your help Hun :)
I'm trying to avoid it where possible and only like to have a drink or 2 if I go out for a meal with my hubby xxx

That would be fine and its better than staying in doors being more isolated if that makes sense? As long as its not binge drinking, you should be fine xxx

That would be fine and its better than staying in doors being more isolated if that makes sense? As long as its not binge drinking, you should be fine xxx

Yeah definitely Hun. God I can hardly drink much nowadays as I'd feel too pissed lol xxx

Had 2 rums fri, 3 last night and a bottle if cider after our trip to the coast, ok so according to doctors etc that's more than a woman should have but do you think that's excessive? Xx

I'm really glad I read this. I have just started on Citalopram (almost into my first week) and very nervously had a drink on Saturday night on a night out. I was really careful and drank really slowly as I read a few horror stories online of people blacking out and I didn't want anything adverse to happen. I was fine. Good to know for the future though :)

Back