Alcohol Question

Redkoala

Go on smile! =)
I'm not much of a drinker, but my sister has invited me out into town with her to celebrat her 21st, and i plan on getting smashed lol. Whats the risks of alcohol with Xenical? And is alcohol bad when your dieting, like will i put weight on?

Red x

Xenical shouldn't cause any problems with alcohol but remember there is a lot of sugar/calories in some alcoholic drinks so try to stick to things like spirits and diet mixers avoid cider and beer, if you feel you've overdone it a bit try working it off by upping your exercise the next day, if you're not too hungover:jelous:

hey hun!!

You wont get any toilet problems with alcohol an xenical(unless u go mad an have baileys or somewthing) but there r lots of calories in it! Like ickle says try stickin with sprit an diet mixers!

I also find that will power goes outta window when i have been partial to a few vodkas so make sure u get a ww pizza in for munchie time when u get home hehehe

xxxxxxxxxx

I might not go, i dont wanna risk putting on weight for one night. I'll see thanks for the advice tho, maybe ill save the boose for christmas as a treat lol

why don't you go and not drink if you're worried about putting on weight? that way you don't miss out! you could have the no/low alcohol beer, or diet drinks.. x

I personally would put my sisters birthday over weightloss for 1 night. Realisitacally, how much damage do you think you can do in 1 night!
We all have different reasons for wanting to loose weight and time scales in which to loose it in but I think you still need to be able to go out and let your hair down and have fun. Like Becki said, there are the low alcohol dinks and low sugar options that you could have.
Would be such a shame to miss a good night out!

Is it a leeds night out too?

I've had a few vodkas this week on xenical and i've still lost 1lb and that's after stopping CD wih expected weight gain of 6lb in 2wks so you def can drink and still lose weight. I drink vodka and diet coke, I just make sure it is 25ml and not a double or that and count up the calories and points on ww.

I have a drink every single weekend while I've been on Xenical and it has not affected my weight loss at all!! I drink either wine (rose), cava (or champagne if I'm feeling rich!!) or if spirits, gin and slimline tonic, vodka and a diet mixer is fine too. I've lost 46lb so far since May. The only fortnight I did not drink any alcohol, it made no difference whatsoever to my weight loss so now I just drink anyway!!! ;) Go out and enjoy yourself!! :party0016:

I have a few vodkas at the weekend too and drink with soda water or Diet coke if I'm feeling ultra naughty, (diet coke such a poison) I don't think it makes any difference at all unless you drink every day and consumme tons of calories.
Go on Red enjoy yourself with you sister, life's too short, but I would steer clear of the beers.
xx

I've got a weekend in Leeds for a friends birthday week after next to contend with too - planning on sticking to G&T's and vodka.

Go for it and have a fab time x

Do you drive?? You could give them a lift and that would be your excuse for not drinking....and you still get to go on the night out. Or if you dont drive, tell the others you cant drink coz youre on antibiotics?
Im not a big drinker, but always had more of a laugh watching others make tits of themselves when they were hammered! :D

I do drive, but we would just meet up in town. I aint no taxi lol. I'll look into it x Maybe i'll go =]

Back