alcohol

clair-louise

Just wanting to ask a hypothetical question, say on day 10 someone was to have a bit of alchol what alchol would be best hyothetically of course

There is a lot of information on the web that says Alcohol can cause you to be very very ill if you are in ketosis so if i were you i wouldn't risk it, but if you mean which drinks will not take you out of ketosis vodka and soda water won't nor will diet coke ! I must reiterate though it looks like alcohol and ketosis are dangerous bed fellows so please do a bit more research before you make any decisions.

Gees just read this had no idea it could be dangerous it's about atkins but would be the same for LT

On the Atkin's diet, your glycogen stores are depleted because you are not eating carbohydrates. Because of this, your body is forced to break down fat for energy, which produces ketones. Ketones can be used by your body and brain for energy, but when you drink alcohol, it inhibits the production of ketones. Therefore, your brain and body do not have energy to function correctly. The consequences of this fuel depletion are disorientation, confusion, semi-consciousness and ultimately death.

Does anyone know if this is fact , I've drank vodka whist on atkins and been fine.

Back