alcohol

Discussion in 'Lipotrim TFR 100%' started by clair-louise, 2 July 2011 Social URL.

1. clair-louise

clair-louise Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.91%)
    Diet:
    xenical
    Just wanting to ask a hypothetical question, say on day 10 someone was to have a bit of alchol what alchol would be best hyothetically of course

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ElectricLilac

ElectricLilac Like a Renegade Master

Start Weight:
    18st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3lb(38.85%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    There is a lot of information on the web that says Alcohol can cause you to be very very ill if you are in ketosis so if i were you i wouldn't risk it, but if you mean which drinks will not take you out of ketosis vodka and soda water won't nor will diet coke ! I must reiterate though it looks like alcohol and ketosis are dangerous bed fellows so please do a bit more research before you make any decisions.

4. clair-louise

clair-louise Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.91%)
    Diet:
    xenical
    Gees just read this had no idea it could be dangerous it's about atkins but would be the same for LT

On the Atkin's diet, your glycogen stores are depleted because you are not eating carbohydrates. Because of this, your body is forced to break down fat for energy, which produces ketones. Ketones can be used by your body and brain for energy, but when you drink alcohol, it inhibits the production of ketones. Therefore, your brain and body do not have energy to function correctly. The consequences of this fuel depletion are disorientation, confusion, semi-consciousness and ultimately death.

Does anyone know if this is fact , I've drank vodka whist on atkins and been fine.

5. Avaya

Avaya Full Member

Start Weight:
    106kg
    Current Weight:
    97.1kg
    Goal Weight:
    75kg
    Lost(%):
    8.9kg(8.39%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    I'm not gonna try...

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.