Alcohol

Shazzbot

Hi all. Does anyone know if having a drink after a few weeks of maintenance will effect you're results. I'm not on maintenance yet, but I'm r efeeding in a week, and still have alot more weight to loose so want to loose slowly through maintenance for a while. I'm wondering when I can have some of my social life back.

Alcohol has calories so you'll have to count them in if you don't want to affect your results. You'll find that initially you won't be able to drink as much as you used to - though, if you're anything like me - practise will soon have you back where you were before ;).

Maintenance is all trial and error but we have to have a life!

Good luck in any case x

Thanks for the response jan. Just wanted to make sure it could still be done if having a drink at the weekend.

If you enjoy a drink, have it. You will not maintain losses if you feel deprived. The cals in drink do not get burned up as energy and go straight to fat storage so do count the cals. Adopt an 80/20 rule and have your treats 20% of the time. If you get a heavy couple of weeks be prepared for a gain and then just pull back for another week or so.
Enjoy getting back to real food.

Back