ALCOHOL

nimi

Hi im going out at the weekend just wondering i want to have a drink
i no its not safe but i will have so what should i do before i go out and have a drink
been on ss for 2 weeks so do i need to eat before i go out?
Im only going to probably have 2 pints of larger
and plenty of water afterwards
please advice this is a one off and back on cd the following day

You will need to kick yourself out of ketosis so you will need to eat. MY CDC said you can have a jacket potato with some protein for lunch and something in the evening before you go.

You really should knock yourself out of ketosis by eating carbs and I've been lead to believe (from the other lovely posters on here) that this can take some hours so best to start with your lunch.
I took a couple of breaks over Christmas and New Year but New Years Eve was my first proper drink since starting the diet in September. I took the 31st off and just had a sarnie for lunch then pasta for my evening meal and had no problems. You can still go low fat (i didn't) but must go high carb. The alcohol still hit me pretty darn quick though but I had no ill effects and it was a very cheap night :D. xx

Yeah definitely make sure you knock yourself out of Ketosis properly. I had a few drinks last time I was on CD and as well as being dangerous, the hangovers and dehydration definitely weren't worth it! :jelous:

Back