ALCOHOL

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by nimi, 18 January 2009 Social URL.

1. nimi

nimi Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    Hi im going out at the weekend just wondering i want to have a drink
    i no its not safe but i will have so what should i do before i go out and have a drink
    been on ss for 2 weeks so do i need to eat before i go out?
    Im only going to probably have 2 pints of larger
    and plenty of water afterwards
    please advice this is a one off and back on cd the following day

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Bijoux

Bijoux Fat Fighter

Start Weight:
    20st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st0lb(28.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    You will need to kick yourself out of ketosis so you will need to eat. MY CDC said you can have a jacket potato with some protein for lunch and something in the evening before you go.

4. Lard Arse

Lard Arse Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st8lb(34.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    You really should knock yourself out of ketosis by eating carbs and I've been lead to believe (from the other lovely posters on here) that this can take some hours so best to start with your lunch.
    I took a couple of breaks over Christmas and New Year but New Years Eve was my first proper drink since starting the diet in September. I took the 31st off and just had a sarnie for lunch then pasta for my evening meal and had no problems. You can still go low fat (i didn't) but must go high carb. The alcohol still hit me pretty darn quick though but I had no ill effects and it was a very cheap night :D. xx

5. Scottishmum

Scottishmum Cambridge Consultant

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st12lb(29.67%)
    Yeah definitely make sure you knock yourself out of Ketosis properly. I had a few drinks last time I was on CD and as well as being dangerous, the hangovers and dehydration definitely weren't worth it! :jelous:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.