alcohol

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by yorkshirejo, 17 April 2009 Social URL.

1. yorkshirejo

yorkshirejo Full Member

hi me again i know im a pest lol dont want this plan to spoil my social life as i normally drink john smiths smooth which i think is the highest syn value what is the best drink to have in pubs and at home thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(42.64%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World - On-line member
    I love wine, but it isn't great at 4.5 for a small glass of dry white

Best bet is spirits with sugar free mixers. Vodka and gin are 2.5 per single serving and the slimline tonic/diet coke is free

440ml of John Smiths is 7 syns by comparison

xxxx

4. yorkshirejo

yorkshirejo Full Member

thanks for that might go for wine and lemonade as buyong vodka all night might be expensive

5. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(42.64%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World - On-line member
    Yeah- the only other problem with spirits is that if you are used to pints you can drink them really quickly

The only other suggestion would be flexible syns. Save some up through the week and enjoy your pints guilt free.
    x

6. TeresaTT

TeresaTT Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(26.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm guilty of saving syns so that I can have a drink at the weekend. I usually have half a bottle of wine either preceded by two large G&Ts or followed by two large Cointreaus. That's 12 syns for the wine plus about another 10 or more for the shorts. I can mostly give up chocolate, cake, biscuits and crisps, but I still need my drink on a Saturday night. :)

Teresa

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.