Alcoholic Drinks over Christmas! Damage limitation!

I have bought some white rum and have adapted the mojito recipe to get a 2.5syn cocktail! :) :) Will try it out later and let you know what it's like ;-)

Can I have your monjito recipe please!!!!!

not all shorts are the same syns though are they?

someone at class last week told one of the young girls ( 18, just.. ) that she'd be better off with extra dry martini and diet mixers than with a glass of wine..

a good tip is to drink "something" and diet coke ( or whatever ) and then alternate every other one ( or whenever it's your round ) with just diet coke so your friends don't know that you're not drinking as much.. ( do you get peer pressure to "keep up"? )

A little thing I do with Baileys is to mix it with skimmed milk. It tastes (I think) even better and if you mix 25ml with 25ml of milk you get a "double" for the syns of a single - use your HEX A for the milk. It's still 5 syns, but mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
Alternatively I put it in a skinny latte or options hot chocolate....mmmmmmm

I never trust that am actually getting diet coke/pepsi unless its from a can/bottle...sometimes I think I've been caught out with that!

I've ordered myself some ameretto thisyear I really like it but its quite sweet and I don't think I'll be able to manage to many though with baileys I can get totally carried away!
Might give the mixing baileys with milk idea a go thanks for the tip!

The mojito recipe sounds good please share? :)

Uphillstruggle - I do this with Baileys... putting it in a skimmed milk latte (HA+4syns if you use a 25ml measure). Its a lovely thing to have instead of a desert :)

vodka and diet ginger ale! Also seen on here mulled wine made with sugar free cordial........thinking of trying that but obviously adding some vodka lol but i won't be using the mulled wine spices i bought from the xmas market .......got sugar in it! will get the shwartz teabags instead

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww im never ever ever ever drinking again

not all shorts are the same syns though are they?

someone at class last week told one of the young girls ( 18, just.. ) that she'd be better off with extra dry martini and diet mixers than with a glass of wine..

a good tip is to drink "something" and diet coke ( or whatever ) and then alternate every other one ( or whenever it's your round ) with just diet coke so your friends don't know that you're not drinking as much.. ( do you get peer pressure to "keep up"? )
Cheaper if you do that on your round too LOL ;)

MOJITO RECIPE - sorry for the delay. Note - you must use freshly squeezed lime juice (syn free) and not the shop bought one.

Ingredients:
· 4 mint leaves
· 1 lime (for juicing)
· 1 teaspoon splenda
· 2 ounces white rum
· 2 ounces club soda
· 1 sprig of mint (for garnishing)
· crushed ice
Preparation:
1. Put the mint leaves into a Collins glass and squeeze the lime juice over them.
2. Add the powdered sugar and then muddle the mint, lime juice and splenda together. Add crushed ice.
3. Stir in the rum and top off with the club soda.

JaneyM said:
MOJITO RECIPE - sorry for the delay. Note - you must use freshly squeezed lime juice (syn free) and not the shop bought one.

Ingredients:
· 4 mint leaves
· 1 lime (for juicing)
· 1 teaspoon splenda
· 2 ounces white rum
· 2 ounces club soda
· 1 sprig of mint (for garnishing)
· crushed ice
Preparation:
1. Put the mint leaves into a Collins glass and squeeze the lime juice over them.
2. Add the powdered sugar and then muddle the mint, lime juice and splenda together. Add crushed ice.
3. Stir in the rum and top off with the club soda.

Sounds amazing. How many syns per glass?xxxx

Ooh, you've got me thinking... top tipples for Xmas...

gin and slim
vodka and lo-cal ginger ale
JD and diet coke
Amaretto and diet coke
Asda sugar-free shandy (no alcohol and no syns, but tastes like shandy)
Another lush soft drink is Tesco cream soda. I sometimes have this as a treat if I don't have enough syns for booze!

I just went to Asda and bought: lilt zero, fanta zero, no added sugar Ginger beer and asda own brand no added sugar sprite. I have a bottle of vodka and a bottle of rum and will take them all away with me! How can I get bored of all these lively tipples! Will Defo try the mojito too. I wonder if any of you cocktail experts can think of a low syn long island iced tea?

Back