aldi biofit yogurts - please read!

The only reason they are now syned, is because the pot doesnt say "low fat" on it, and it never did....madness!

...unless SW has some sort of a deal with muller....hmm

There have been many foods over the years that were free and then became synned. It happens! SW are constantly updating the plan to get the most out of it for us
SW don't just 'decide' that they aren't free anymore....its usually because of a change in the recipe.
I'm sure they used to have low fat on the lid? And I think they are now called something different too. The first I knew of it was today when I was looking through a friends Syn Directory.
Shame, they were nice!!!!

Reactions: Taz
There have been many foods over the years that were free and then became synned. It happens! SW are constantly updating the plan to get the most out of it for us
SW don't just 'decide' that they aren't free anymore....its usually because of a change in the recipe.
I'm sure they used to have low fat on the lid? And I think they are now called something different too. The first I knew of it was today when I was looking through a friends Syn Directory.
Shame, they were nice!!!!
Well said Lentil, they don't do it for no reason

Right!! Heres your answer as to why the yogurts are no longer free! ;)

In new guidelines issued by The Foods Standards Agency it’s advised that the wording ‘very low-fat’ on some currently Free Food yogurts and fromage frais is too vague and that it’s therefore replaced with the term ‘fat free’. As this claim can only be used where a product contains no more than 0.5g fat per 100g/ml we’ve amended our Free Food allowances which means that some yogurts and fromage frais products are no longer Free.

So it appears that yogurts can only be counted free if they contain no more than 0.5g of fat per 100g/ml

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarification, at least if I am looking for less than 0.5% fat its a clear standard. :)

Back