Aldi Slim Free

tiggersminder69

Hi, new to this site and SW, but wanted to find out how the syns values work? Aldi launched these Skim Free meals last week and on calculating the syns I've come out at 18.5 for the Chicken Tikka Masala? This brings me to ask ...how does the Slimming World's equivalent work out free on ee plan? The SW version is higher on all counts also? I would not like to be eating these meals daily with them being so high in syns but being counted as syn free. My class is tonight so will ask there but thought this thread might be able to help! Our class is so large and with only being 90minutes we don't really get to understand the diet properly or ask questions? Just got given the book and a brief outline of what to follow - any one help guys, thanks

On the syn calculator this particular meals comes in at free for the 500g. There is nothing in the ingredients label either that had syns it's all free. Doubt they will even put them on the app as they are direct competition to their own meals

Slimming World are dealing with the fact that Aldi has almost copied their free foods from Iceland. They are going to take legal action .

Slimming World are dealing with the fact that Aldi has almost copied their free foods from Iceland. They are going to take legal action .

They won't get anywhere. ALDI are very very clever at what exactly they can get away with. They have been mimicking packaging & recipes for years, and nobody can seem to touch them. They will also be very aware of the ASDA case (where ASDA stupidly made referencce to SW). Fair play to ALDI.

Do you know what the syns for these meals are. I have no idea how to use the calculator

I doubt it will show in the directory whilst SW are spitting their dummy out. Probably won't even appear when they lose their case either.

There's a thread further up on calculating syns.

Back