Alexmummy's learning journey...

Well it says 55cals per 10g's and that's gotta be the average on a teaspoon I think. Sat fat's are low, but cal's are still fairly high - I think I prob used less than a full teaspoon as slice of granary is very small, but I'll count it as full just to be safer :)
You know after such a lonnng time without any kind of sandwich - it was gorgeous! I toasted it, and even halved it so I had two small squares, with the lettuce a little bit in it and a little on the side, and was lovely.
I was more surprised at how many cals are in my apple! But I think its because of the sugar in granny smith apples (but they were on special offer £1.00 for a bag, so I went on price this week)

Going to go for a walk in the park in about half hours time with my little monster, I mean man lol :). He's really coming on with his walking now, but it's too hot really for him to be outside, but hopefully can keep him in the shade a bit with his football and he will be ok. My fiance' will come and meet us from work, which is always nice to do. I love walking as a family, never understood why, just something I enjoy.

Gosh I have written lots today! Already worried for the next weigh in, as have had more carbs than usual (ie pasta and slice of bread in the same day) but I know I have to up the intake at some point and can't live on just protein forever...just need to keep reminding myself of this, whilst praying that the scales agree with me too. Will be gutted if the scales go UP next week rather than down :S

x

Hi alex mummy, your motivation and determination to get to goal is so inspiring! I wish that I was at that point mentally to be so positive :) well done! Your menus sound fab, and I want to reassure you that you are making brill food choices so you will get there! Dont worry bout the smaller loss, bet you will be suprised with next weeks loss. Have a great day :)

Tuesday 30th June...

Another beautiful day outside. Have the fan on in my living room to try and keep both me and Alex cool. Feel so sorry for him at night, trying to keep him cooled down.

Woke up feeling the exercise I did yesterday, aching in places I didn't know existed! Which I am guessing is gooood! Makes me want to do another sesh today, but instead of going for full whammy, going to just aim for 15 mins today, as I know I have so much else to do aswell, and I will be daft thinking I can do 50mins/1 hr every day.

Will come back and update with exercise/menu's later

Have a great day everyone

Claire xx

Hey AlexsMummy... hope everything is going well for you today, we still have really hot weather here and it makes you not feel like venturing out. As I am still on 810 I am still not exercising, but sometimes I feel like I should be, but I just dont have enough energy, will definately do the Wii fit when I move further up the plans, I bought fitness coach but I am useless at exercise and find it really hard to keep up with her movements, just seem to always lose the rhythm, not sure why as I play bass guitar so do have rhythm, guess me and exercise dont mix... lol Have a great 100% day...

Hey AlexsMummy... hope everything is going well for you today, we still have really hot weather here and it makes you not feel like venturing out. As I am still on 810 I am still not exercising, but sometimes I feel like I should be, but I just dont have enough energy, will definately do the Wii fit when I move further up the plans, I bought fitness coach but I am useless at exercise and find it really hard to keep up with her movements, just seem to always lose the rhythm, not sure why as I play bass guitar so do have rhythm, guess me and exercise dont mix... lol Have a great 100% day...

Thank you - hope you are having a great day too.

Weather is still soooo hot here at the moment - sun has disappeared for the last 20 mins or so but still unbelievably hot and humid.

I've just completed workout no.3 on fitness coach, did a lower body one today, must say once I've started I really enjoy it, it's just the initial - getting up and being bothered to do it in the first place - but I know with the imminent likely hood of possibly being without my CD blanket, that I need to get my head all in the right frame of mind ASAP, and fitting in exercise is part of that too.
Had a lovely evening at the park with my little boy last night, and fiance' has just text to suggest maybe meeting there again after work today which could be quite nice. Don't think it will burn any extra calories as walking at Alex's speed, we don't get anywhere fast lol.

Even though it's getting later, I'm still debating what to have for lunch...whether to have same sorta thing as yesterday, or something else. Sorta wishing I had some wholemeal pitta's, but haven't got any of them, so it may be the same as yesterday and pitta's may go on the shopping list for next week.

1st July 2009...

Trying to keep to the positive approach that I decided to take on Sunday, but just feeling a bit bleughh today. I stood on the scales this morning, and they are still not moving at all, in fact they have gone up! Not loads, but the 1/4lb that was off on Monday is back on today. I know that's not a huge amount by any means, but I am trying soooo hard to beat the weight, adding in exercise now, and still following the plan, but really in the last 10 days, nothing has come off (apart from that 1/4lb).
A massive part of me really wants to use the packs I've got remaining to go back to SS for 2 weeks to try and shift what I can and then work up the plans again - but would that be me admitting defeat that I can't healthy eat and lose weight? Even at between 1000-1200 cals a day?
It has just knocked me back a bit because it reminds me so much of the last few years, trying every diet going to shift weight, but none of them working, or in the case of using Reductil from the Dr, losing 2lbs in 4 weeks (and that was at my heaviest). CD SS and some of 810 has been the first diet that has worked for me and for the first time I am sooo scared that I'm not going to get any further, not going to ever get into the 10's, get to goal, or be healthy :cry:.
I need this to work, I want this to work, but right now I need a little sign on the scales to boost me too.

I'm not giving up because I sooo do not want to go backwards, and being only 1lb from being in the 12 stones again is scary, I really thought by now I could be comfortably in the 11's, but it's just not happening yet.

I'm drinking around 3 - 3 1/2 litres of water a day, sometimes more at the moment with the hot weather, so I haven't stopped that or anything.

Could this be the effect of the carbs being re-introduced? Will the scales eventually change? (in a good way not bad way)

Any advice is greatly, greatly appreciated!

Claire xx

Just a drive-by posting but I can SO relate to your desperation. It just feels so much like what we've experienced before diet wise, doesn't it? And then it makes you wonder if the only way on which you can shift weight and stay there isn't CD forever and then you know that's silly and so on...

All I can say is it WILL shift. 1000-1200 kcals a day is still a big calorie deficit so of course it will move. It may take a while though and IMO, the fact that you upped exercise has made you retain water and that's what you're seeing now but you are on the right track still!

Hope you are okay Claire, it is unusual for you not to post everyday, take care of yourself....

2nd July 2009...

I'm still around :) Been a busy day, and I guess still feeling a bit peeved about how the scales aren't moving, when I wish they would.

I can only keep trying though, and I'm not giving in, so hopefully they will do eventually - just frustrating I guess.

Will update a bit more tomorrow when I have lots more time.

Thanks for your messages.

Claire xxx

3rd July 2009...

Ahh a cooler morning here. It's def rained over night and is still looking a bit cloudy/overcast but still warm that's for sure.

Had a busy day yesterday with a friend over and her 2 little children to play with Alex (he loves the company I think)!

Yesterday I ate,
Shredded Wheat + Milk

CD Bar - Caramel

Small Jacket potato, 1/4 tuna allowance, 3/4 lf cottage cheese and salad

Not sure if I was probably quite a bit under yesterday, but was sooo busy, and sooo hot that I just couldn't eat anything else. On the plus have been having between3-4 litres of water a day.

Today, I am having a relaxing day at home - will get on the bike later and do my 20 mins cycling.
I must admit to finding the last few days in the heat so so hard to resist things - top of my list have been the obvious ice-cream of any type! and also archers and lemonade drink. Somehow I have managed to resist both, and stuck to CD plan (minus being a bit lower yesterday) .

I am trying to remain positive about the diet and the results, but I must admit to feeling a bit low at the moment. The scales really are still not moving for me, and even 1/2lb down a week would be nice, but to be sticking where I am or even 1/4lb up is quite disheartening when you know you're working hard to get it right. I had really hoped to have been at goal by my birthday and it's just not going to happen which I feel is a bit of a let down on my part.
So I am now aiming to be at or below goal by 5th December - which is my fiance's sisters wedding, it would be lovely to be able to go and wear something lovely and fitted too. At the moment even though I know I have lost 5stone I still look and feel like a frump. I still cannot get into those size 14 jeans comfortably, yet the 16's are big, and I think I just really need a good loss to spur me on again that CD can still be successful for me.

Anyway enough of my moaning for today!

Menu so far...

Brekkie-
Shredded Wheat + Milk
CD Choc Tetra

Lunch -
Salad leaves + slice of turkey shredded + 2 tablespoons of lf cottage cheese

Dinner -
Chicken, 40g wholewheat pasta & herbs (haven't decided which yet)
and salad

Apple

Stick with it Alexs Mummy, you'll get there!

Dont give up, I find you such an inspiration with how determined you are to never give up :eek:)

Thanks hun, I'm not giving in as can't go backwards. Have decided from Sunday I am going back to 810 for one week (slightly adapted with brekkie as I only have 15 shakes/bars left) but got to reallly try and shift a couple of lbs before mum's wedding anniversary next Saturday, and get further into the 11's.
This is the plan anyway! xx

5th July 2009...

Have had a lovely weekend after feeling rubbish standing on the scales on Friday.
Decided to treat myself to a fake tan sesh yesterday! A gel one - not a sunbed as I always worry about skin cancer etc (no disrespect to anyone who does use sunbeds of course). Anyway, bought the L'oreal Sublime Bronzing one. Buffed and scrubbed and also did a mask on my hair, before applying it, and it's come out pretty good actually! My feet are a bit messed up...oops! Lol But apart from that it's pretty ok, and it's brown now orange which is great :)

Had a lovely evening last night too, fiance' let me pick out a film to watch, so I picked out the girlie - Bride Wars and really enjoyed that whilst eating home made Chicken kebabs (with mushrooms/red pepper/courgette) in wholemeal pitta. They really were yummy!

Food wise for the rest of the weekend, I've been good, have decided that for 5 days from tomorrow I am going to SS with my remaining shakes before going back to CDC next Monday. I have a meal out on Saturday (hence the tan and the dress which I'm trying to fit into better!)

Sooo, bring on the week - and praying that I might have a good loss next week, as I'm dreading the scales again tomorrow! x

Sounds like you had the nicest weekend! It is so nice to pamper ourselves and treat ourselves every now and then. How was the movie? I have not seen it yet. Good luck with ss ing this week.

6th July 2009...

Woohooo the scales MOVED! and in the RIGHT direction :) !! I have finally managed to shift 1.75 lbs this week :) Makes me very happy when that happens :) - Of course I'd always love more (wouldn't we all!) but it's moved and a bit more than last week too so I'm happy!

Takes me to 11 stone 11 and my aim for saturday was/is 11 stone 7.

Still no sign of period yet...hoping it might make an appearance soon to put my mind at rest as I'm sure I can't have any surprises waiting for me (well there is the chance, but there shouldn't be iykwim)

Really going for it this week, would love 2lbs off for next Monday (would take me to 11 stone 9), even with the meal out on Saturday - reallly going to try and make the best choices when out, and going to stick to plan for the rest of the week without a doubt.

Fingers crossed!

xx

Just catching up Alex, you're doing brilliantly. Determination will get you to goal honey, and even if the version of CD you follow is not the textbook one, I think you will make it work. Hang on in there... and big hugs.

xxx

Just catching up Alex, you're doing brilliantly. Determination will get you to goal honey, and even if the version of CD you follow is not the textbook one, I think you will make it work. Hang on in there... and big hugs.

xxx
Thank you hun - trying to stick to actual CD plan best as possible - looking forward to seeing CDC next Monday - just hoping scales will have moved nicely by then too!

Good to see you back on the board too - have missed ya :) and I so hope you're right that I will see the goal in sight eventually x

You will do it Alex, no worries. You have been determined from day one, and if you can hold fast through the troubles you've had lately, you will hold fast through anything. Chin up and keep the faith, because you are getting there!

xxx

7th July 2009...

Firstly - thanks again Katy -you're such an inspiration to me, and to even consider following your footsteps and getting to goal means sooo much to me!

I think - well I guess I know actually, that each time the scales stop, or pause (even if they are doing it for breath at times) I panic and feel like that's it, they won't budge anymore and I'm going to be stuck where I am and never succeed in hitting my original goal, and it really does terrify me. After deciding wayyy back in December that this was it now, and it IS time for me to get this weight thing under control once and for all, for the scales to want to take a moment out just isn't in the plan book if that makes sense. I know obviously, that every other diet tried has failed for me and if I had gone to WW or SW at the start of this year then I'd possibly only be a stone or two down at the moment, rather than just over five. I guess I just want this momentum to continue, I really really want to prove to myself and others that I am determined enough to do this diet, stick with it, and follow it through, all the way through maintenance, and have changed my life because of it.

Anyway, the fact the scales moved down this week has of course made me very very happy!

On a different note, spoke to a CDC friend last night and mentioned I was SS'ing for the week and she has suggested this isn't such a good idea after all. She said after taking so much time to go up each of the steps so gradually, and allowing time for my body to adapt to them - although the shock might allow a few lbs off this week, it would mean having to re-do the steps again very slowly from next Monday, which I'm not really in the financial position to do, and as was pointed out to me, my losses slow as I go up each stage, so if I start to balance them out, perhaps I am better staying where I am, or dropping only by 100 cal's a day, (which makes sense I guess)

So with that in mind, I am sticking with 900 - 1000 this week as I have enough shakes to do it with properly and so I have full nutrition, before going up next week.

I hope I do still manage to shift something this week, 1lb would be nice, but anything above that I would of course love even more!

I am still really trying to get to my target of 10 stone 12 for my birthday, 13lbs to go - I hope (with all fingers crossed!) it's do-able!

x

Back