Alexmummy's learning journey...

Woohoo, well done on the job, excellent news. Also dont beat yourself up about the extra foods you have eaten, you have managed without binging, have thought about what you wanted to eat and enjoyed it, so nothing wrong there, lets hope you still have a loss this week.

You are sounding fabulous, and congrats on the job and the eating.

As KD's signature quote says, “Perfection is not the key to maintenance. It is finding balance you can live with.”

And it sounds to me like you are finding that balance so very well. Can I ask why have you labelled some things as that which you can't have?

Well done on the job AM, that is fab.

xxx

19th July 2009...

It's been a busy few days again, seems like the time is just flying by again, and it seems rather scary that it is about 7 months now since I decided to actually start CD and met with my now CDC...doesn't time fly!

Things are hectic, time seems to be in short supply some days (hence my lack of updating my diary, as well as replying to other people's! - which I fully intend to do) I have so much course work to do, and no time to do it, a nursery to find for my little boy, but we're already too late to register for nursery vouchers this month. The training for my new job starts on Weds and Thurs and I think I start on Fri, but I don't actually know, as I'm still waiting for paperwork to come through.

Thankfully the cravings have stopped foodwise, and that's good, so the treats have gone away, but on the downside, I have slipped a little with my plan, and I haven't followed the book exactly. I am still eating healthily, and picking good choices, but I seem to have not 'planned' properly and so am possibly a few cal's under plan.

We have been shopping this morning, so I am going to try hard to plan better this week.

I have my weigh in tomorrow and going to view a nursery at 3 also, so hoping it will be nice for my son.
My brother has suspected Swine Flu aswell, so it's all manic at the moment as you can imagine!

I will try and get over to reading, and replying to as many diaries as possible this afternoon. xx

Glad to hear you are OK... good luck with it all, sounds busy! Hope your brother is OK too.

xxx

Hi Alexm, sounds like life is busy for you, Hope your brother will be ok.
Good luck with WI and finding a nursery place for your son. Wishing you lots of success in your new job, how exciting for you!!

xx

Hello..
Just wanted to say .. Good luck with everything.. and hope your brother is ok.. My husband has been on the tammiful for suspected swine flu too and he is all ok...... once you have the tamiflu it does help..
Good luck with wi too. x

Hi Alex, hopefully your diet is still going okay, its hard to stick to when life is hectic. Hope your brother is okay, there is swine flu in both schools that the children go to, hoping none of them go down with it as we are going on holiday Saturday.
Have a great day whatever you are doing. Take Care...

My only 'real' positive for today is my weigh in for last week is 2lbs down.

Life is still very hectic at the moment - start my training tomorrow, and Thursday, then working Friday and Saturday. Been to a friend's today, and messed up the diet a bit tonight - have picked bad choices. This isn't good, I need to put a stop to it, and sort it out, I really do NOT want to go backwards at all, and it does worry be if the spirals are beginning to go that way. I'm worried, I seem to have so much going on, have another assignment due in next week, finance commitments, work, childcare issues, and so much more, that diet choices are beginning to become difficult, and yet I shouldn't feel that way, as it should be 'normal' that I can eat well without thinking too much about it.
Much to ponder on there...

x

Hey hon
Well done to you 2 lbs down from last week is great!!!
Some days are harder than others so dont beat yourself up hon... its not all going to be plain sailing.. Especially when you have so much going on in your life at the moment ..
Good luck with your training tomorrow.
xxxx

Well done on the 2lbs, thats excellent news.... hope the training goes well today and tomorrow and enjoy work at the weekend... take care hun, we all have bad days but hopefully they will be followed by good ones, its hard to stay eating healthy when we have eaten unhealthily for so long... a learning curve methinks.

Hi Alexm,

exactly as linda says it's a learning curve you'll be fine, stress can make us crazy sometimes.

Hope all going fab with new job training!

Have great day hun!
xx

Hi everyone

Had a good couple of days training, but it's been busy, stressful, and long aswell.
Last night though I've come out with a horrible cold, and today it's got progressively worse :( Tonight I feel horrid, throat, chest, and nose all streaming, sore and just feel bleurghh. Had shake and bar, and tuna/sweetcorn at lunch, but going to have soup and warm bread for dinner. Not to plan, but I feel so drained, so tired, and have work tomorrow aswell from early morning that I feel I need to eat some soup that might actually pick me up a bit.

Scales are showing a definite gain this week, which I'm already feeling disappointed about, but I need to get well, and get through the weekend first, before I deal with the gain, which does terrify me.

Hopefully next week, I will be a bit calmer, be able to deal with things better, and be much more 'on diet' x

Still feeling awful - terrified about the gain that's going to show, but I know I have to get myself well.
I look like rudolph today with my nose streaming - and tissues are just no gentle!
Have 5 days to get myself well before back in work though now.xx

Aww sorry to hear you aren't well ((((get well hugs from a distance)))

Just remember not to judge yourself by that number on the scale. Sure it shows a sign you need to get back on track but the world isn't going to end :) x

Last edited:
Hey you, are you feeling any better today? Sending you lots of get well vibes hun. Look forward to having you back here xxx

Weds 30th July...

I've had this open most of the day and not written on it.
I need to 'fess up that I'm not doing well :( I seem to have lost my motivation since being poorly and having so much on my mind.
I am mostly better now, just a chest infection, so no reason for me not to be back on plan now, but I'm finding it so so hard.
A massive part of me wants to hide under the covers of going back to SS, but this is probably the wrong thing to do.

It's all since I re-introduced bread with my soups (with my horrible throat) that it's gone downhill, and I've touched all the things I shouldn't have. I've gained 1 1/2lbs so far, and don't want to gain anymore, but feel I'm on a bad spiral at the minute.

Today I made biscuits with my little boy, and ate 2 myself plus some of the mixture, even though I knew I shouldn't. It's like I've come so far, lost 5 1/2 stone, and pressed 'self destruct' 'get fat' button.
I feel so proud wearing my size 14's that I never thought I would get into, and I know if I don't sort this soon, they won't fit soon anyway!

I know I'm the only one who can change things around, but I had to come on and confess that I'm not doing well at the moment, and having my first real proper downer of CD, and big blip :( x

You can do it Alex. I'm glad you are feeling better and comfort eating is an automatic response for some of us when we are sick. It's obviously not a healthy natural response but if you've eaten for comfort. You've been doing really well so I know you can get back on track.

Just be careful of that self-destruct button. I can tell you it works and when things blow up (pardon the pun), it's really not fun.

What can you do to get back on track from right now? x What do you need?

Back