Alex's Diary of Losses (We Hope)

alex19979

Hi All..

My Name is Alex and I've decided to start this diary after the first 2 weeks of Lighter Life, just so I could see if I could handle going back to the diet again.

I went through the whole of Foundation at the beginning of 2008, but unfortunately due to financial problems, had to leave my group at about week 14. I had lost 4 stone and was ecstatic with my new size 14 figure, especially as i had just reached the weight i was before i had my son.

But because I didnt stay on to route to management, i stupidly went straight back to all my old habits - the rebellious child kicked in and i thought to myself - right all those things i havent had for the last four months - im gonna have them now!!

And so a year and a half later i am almost back to where i started!

I have managed to keep one stone of the weight off, which i am happy about!!

I have managed in the first two weeks to be positive and actually enjoy the diet! - looks like its paying off coz ive lost a stone already!

I am weirdly finding that its very very easy - im not in the slightest bit hungry for example, i have to remind myself to eat my last two packs of the day because im simply not hungry AT ALL!

The other thing I am finding bizarre is that the second time round i seem to absolutely love cooking! and in fact i am a better cook now than i was before i started LL.

The reason i want to lose the weight is of course to improve my health, although i have no underlying health problems at the moment, i can see my parents struggling with heart problems and such now, and i dont want my son to see that happening to me in 20 years time (or less!)
Anyway thats me all typed out for now - the story so far is a good one without any lapses, but im on holiday next week and am sure i will find that slightly more difficult!!

Friiday!!

Im feeling really positive today, and have been thinking about how nice my LLC was about me being on holiday and also that it was lovely of her to say i could call her anytime i felt a bit wobbly !
She even suggested sending a text to the group at the time of the meeting when i should be there!
Im looking forward to the weekend - positively no thoughts have food have crossed my mind, although i did have to tell someone off today for "talking dirty" to me!
x:)

Well done Alex :)

Back