Alighterlife day one...day from Hell

Warning Food talk

Hi clara, Thanks for popping by! you lost 2 stone in 6 weeks?? thats amazing hun!

Day 5 and I'm just back from work, I decided I would have a broth at work as its easier to prepare without a kitchen, so come 3pm I ordered my hot water from the bus garage canteen, sat down to only find I forgot to pack it :( one of my colleagues ate a plate of chips and cake and custurd....I was so tempted to go and order myself, but I didn't :)

I came home and my mother in law was cooking and if you could hear my stomach you would laugh out loud! The groan that came from it, but I wasnt feeling hungry. So I'm sitting down now having my strawberry shake determined to see this week through...craving a huge plate of rice and peanut soup. ( a lovely africian dish)
2 more days to go.......

well done for not caving in! x

Last night was the worst night, the deamons in my head telling me to eat were driving me nuts. So I retreated to bed in rather a fowl mood at 8pm and promptly fell asleep.
Hoping today is a better day, maybe I need to up the water,I think Ive been slacking a bit there!

Hoping today is a bit easier :)
One more day till WI x

Well done for not caving into temptation.

I hear ya about the foul mood :( I was like that in my second week, just ready to rip the eyebrows off of anyone who came near me. Luckily it passes and eyebrows do grow back :)

Soups? Hmmm....not really a soup person on this plan. Use to have the veg - not bad. Tried the minestrone - s'okay. It is an individual thing and only you will know what will blow your hair back.

Good luck in your WI tomorrow - you will be amazed.

xx

Well done for resisting temptation!

I drink between 3 and 4 litres a day plus packs, if I dont drink my losses are rubbish Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done for resisting temptation!

I drink between 3 and 4 litres a day plus packs, if I dont drink my losses are rubbish Xx

Hellooo :)
So water is the trick? must up it some more as been faltering a wee bit.
BUT stuck to LL 100% and at my first WI, I lost 7lb. when I was told my initial response was dissapointment lol, I thought I would be inbetween 8-10, probably because of the losses of others on minimins and because I lost 4lb in 2 days!
but LL counciler responded that its half a stone so I should be pleased so I'm feeling a little happier. But would love to lose 1 stone in 2 weeks like so many of you, but shall see. I have no intention of faltering.

maybe I should try and do some exercise? been a while. Maybe swimming, that seems nice! try and speed things up and get into a new routine :)

hope your all doing well :p x

Hi, half a stone is brilliant and not to be sniffed at for sure!

I would hold off the exercise as it can slow your losses down to be honest. xx

I would personally agree about the exercise, I found that the weeks that I exercised my losses were not as good, the weeks where I didn't drink enough were not so good either. I suppose the best thing is to try it and see how you go, just don't overdo it.

Well done with 7lb in your first week, especially as your first day was so stressful! I lost 8lb in my first week in 2007 and was gutted as I can do that on Weightwatchers, the difference is that the following weeks are much higher on LL than a conventional diet so don't let that get you down!

Well done hun! x

Hey girlies, been a lil bit since I've written something, Just been so busy, doing middle shifts at work so sometimes don't finish until 6pm. I realised shakes during work time don't work at all, so now I just leave them at home, during a middle shift I have 2 before I start and either 2 when I get home or space the last 2 out.
I work outdoors and don't have an office so everything has to fit in a small satchel. my breaktimes are in cafes or random bus garages so I can start shaking in there lol. So if I'm feeling a bit weak i'll have a hot water (10p) lol and add the broth and that helps combat the smell of other peoples food.

My little girl keeps trying to share her food with me, and gets quite upset if I don't do a good job pretending :)

Does anoyone have any miricle recipie for chili con carne sachet? I feel like I might as well eat the paper packet it comes in, might taste better...ugh ugh ugh.

Anyhoot, thats all for now, lots to do today, I have 3 days off work so the house needs a good clean and my princess needs pampering :p

x

Back from shopping, and some good news, decided to buy a cheap maxi dress from Le Pri (aka primark) lol and opted on size 18 as I knew if it didnt fit it wouldnt be long and if it did, it was because it was ment to be loose, went home put it on, hubby well impressed as it fitted so nicely, its a strapless one but I put an old waterfall cardi thingy on top and tied it up to so my waist (yea I now have a waist)!! as I like to keep my arms and chest covered, was so proud I went and showed hubby the size tag and guess what size 16!!!
Now, I am not completely crazy and know I am NOT a size 16 just yet, my rear is still near size 20 but I am impressed that the top bit (excluding army bingo wings) is near a size 16. only 10 days on abstience I know, short time but I am chuffed, utterly chuffed. I don't think I'll take it off.

being as big as I am/was, ment I never shopped in Le Pri, but I think give another 4 weeks and I'm going to pop back =)

Also brought princess a new pushchair, her old Silvercross fits her just fine, but its a bit bulky getting on and off buses, plus she is walking now and little miss independent likes to walk beside me, and the old pushchair was just difficult to manuvere. So brought the silvercross stroller perfect for our walks together =)

Day 10 and feeling positive!

Well done, nothing like the feeling of wearing a smaller size, its funny we all seem to make excuses and say I am not this size or that size, but who cares in that dress you are a 16! Fab xx

Hey hun, where have you gone ...all ok?

xxx

Hi de Hi :)
Thanks hun, I've just been so busy this end with work, daughter, mother in law and husband just no time to myself, but today is my one day off work then I work another 7 days and I'm off to my grandparents farm in Ireland for 4 days.
Hoping I will fit in the Ryanair seat a bit better than last year lol.

Weigh in yesterday, 7lb lost, total one stone whoop whoop,:D I think I may weigh myself on a thursday morning for a truer weight, not affected by drunk water/shakes etc.

I opted for the bars, om om om. one a day, what a shame, just nice to be chewing something, I was struggling finishing my shakes as my hunger has left the building and finishing a shake made me feel sick, also I can take a bar to work with me.

Been measuring myself each week, 2 inch gone from my hips, 2 from my waist and 1.5 from my thighs. my thighs are now the same size as hubbys waist lmao (he is a skinny)

so with all that success, I decided to clearout my wardrobe, and get rid of those offending tops and trousers inc a pair of size 22 jeans (gonna ship them to relatives in Ghana), I think I'm now an 18 but no proper shopping until Ive completed a month, they have no use in my wardrobe, just take up too much space, some I never wore anyway because they looked so depressing!

Feeling positive, feeling a bit slimmer, must crack on with the house work, the place is looking a bit neglected :eek:

How are you all keeping, I have been logging on via my phone @work to keep up to date with all your blogs, so will probably comment this evening, if you don't hear from me can some one call 999 for me as I'm probably suffocating under a pile of laundry.....noone else seems to be able to load the blooming machine!
((((rant rant)))) lol
xx

Hey great news on 1 stone, fantastic motivator!
I cleared my wardrobes out last weekend 5 black sackfuls of size 22/20 and loads I thought I will never wear again even if they do fit, I'm not stopping at this size for long so no shopping for me for now. Except yesterday I went to Priarmani (primark) and picked up a couple of vest tops with hidden support in, size 16/18. These I wear to bed and they keep my still rather large boobs in one place while sleeping, instead of feeling like they are trying to escape!
Keep trucking, Ryan air would be so proud!!
Jx

phew, cleaning done, and I've just emerged from a lovely lush bath, lush face mask, my treat for the week weightloss and sticking to LL =)
feeling rather sick tho, does anyone else have that problem? I just cant really manage the shakes, I did f=just about finish 3 today plus one bar, but I was forcing it down.
Anyhoot
ttfn
xx

Hey :) Sounds as though you're doing really well - just been catching up with your diary. Those food demons are a bugger but every time you say "NO" they'll be quieter next time.

Your Lush bath sounds...well, lush! It made me giggle about how your little girl tries to feed you - Zaki is the same, he keeps trying to give me bits of food but as long as I make lots of lip smacking noises and go "mmmmmmm delicious" he seems ok lol!

Congrats on your weight loss so far - the way you're going it won't be long till your big shopping trip courtesy of hubby's isA xxx

I FELL OFF THE LIGHTERLIFE WAGON!!! (((small food talk)))

It all started on thursday night, I was feeling really rough, and I managed one bar one shake, I just felt so sick so I went to bed. At 1am fri I woke up and sorry if tmi I puked, no food in my tummy so it was all gunk that came up and then I started shaking, like a junkie. So I decided to have a piece of Yam (similar to potato) and that settled me so I went to bed. Woke up at 4am when hubby came back from work, and told him about my yam lol and went to bed as had a headache. woke up at 5:30 for work, got dressed and had to sit down as I felt I would collapse, so called in work for sick. lay on the bed still in my uniform and fell asleep until 1pm!! drank water and just felt so ill I was tempted to go emergency doctor to test my bp or summit, come 4pm my hubby begged me to eat something, so I had 3 yam with some tomotoes mixed with egg, (nice trust me) and I perked right up, no more shakes, no more nausea just fine.
So yesterday (sat) I had one bar, water and come dinner time I did eat a meal, lamb and rice. only a small portion tho but nether the less I still ate.

Today I'm back on plan, I NEED to make sure I have my water and the right amount of shakes/bar per day.

Has anyone else experienced this? I don't think I've screwed anything up except ketosis and weight loss, but hopefull by weigh in on thurs I'll be back on ketosis and lost something at least???

I feel gutted that I broke it but I really felt ill...any advice?

Hope your all enjoying your sunday =)

Back