Ali's on a mission!

I read an article about a woman who upped her water intake to 3l a day. ... Didn't do any extra exercise or limit calories and lost 1lb a week. ... After reading it I started drinking 3l a day... It deffo makes me feel better :-D

Gosh! You wouldn't think it could make such a difference! I could really do with getting a 1L bottle and making sure I fill and drink 3 x per day. I've def upped my intake but haven't measured it x

I track mine on an app so I know I've hit it x

Morning just reading your thread and subscribed, ur doing great x I too need to get more down too. X

Really struggled to get to sleep last night so have had a long lie in this morning. Need to get up, washed and dressed as me and my bf are going round to my mums for lunch; she's making mince and dumplings - God only knows how many calories will be in it but it'll certainly taste good! Think I'll just write off a good 800 calories to be safe.

Hope you're all having a good day x

Official weigh in day today and still showing 19st 7lb but am more than happy with that :D 16lb lost in 4 weeks is a-okay by me!

I'm still not right after my kidney infection and stint in hospital, although the infection has cleared and am no longer of antibiotics I am SO tired. It's crazy how tired I am. My GP has signed me off work for the next week in order to fully rest and then should be going back next week. I feel so useless but know it's for the best.

As a bit of background I have rheumatoid arthritis too for which I take immunosuppresants via self injection which makes me susceptible to infection, I haven't had a kidney infection before but oh my god it was AWFUL. They think because of the injections my immune system had no chance against a water infection which spread up to my kidneys.

Thankfully the worst is over and can focus on shifting this weight again :) x

Amazing loss, you must be so pleased! It definitely sounds like a weeks rest would be good for you. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Thanks ladies :) starting to feel better each day, my sleep pattern is a bit out of sorts but I'm hoping for an early night tonight.

I can't believe the difference in 4 weeks; I've done meal replacement diets before but found them hard to stick to, at least doing this I'm thinking more about the kind of food I'm eating and still able to have treats now and again :-D very happy!

Good news that you're feeling better.

It all seems so much easier when you find a diet that works doesn't it? x

Definitely! It's a change for the better and should be able to continue once I reach my target. It's more realistic.

Well I got out today to go and pick up my sick note, or fitness for work, whatever they're calling it these days. It was strange driving again as I haven't driven for about 3 weeks now. Managed ok but was glad to get home, need to make a point of going out a little more to get used to it again.

I had a low cal ready meal for lunch - Kirsty's thai chilli chicken with rice noodles at 296 cals for 400g portion. It was really nice and quite filling though was more of a soup consistency. Going to have some tomato soup and a sandwich for my tea then probably an options belgium hot chocolate before bed x

Glad you're feeling better! I wish I'd tried calorie counting years ago as it seems to suit me very well. I've also done meal replacement diets before and they are so hard to stick to and far too restrictive for my liking. Glad you're enjoying it too :)

I am the same with driving!! I passed my test at the end of August last year but my partner has been using the car to commute to work as the weather has been bad recently (he usually cycles 15 miles each way!!) so I haven't driven since the start of December and I'm dreading it. I keep thinking I will have forgotten how to do it haha.

I'm so glad my car is an automatic; so easy to drive!

Haven't gotten to sleep as early as I'd have liked, just can't seem to settle at all. It's like my legs get really restless at night even though I'm tired and can't help but toss and turn, then I get annoyed and am either on my phone or reading til waaaayyy too late. Might go to the shops tomorrow and see about some of those herbal supplements, Kalms I think they're called x

Rubbish day food wise yesterday, nothing but junk food. Within calories but no real nutritional value, just did not feel like making anything at all.

Need to go shopping today and stock up on healthy supplies!

Ahh the weekend has caught up with me :-( went away for a spa weekend with my mum - had a fab time but had quite a lot of food so I knew it'd prob mean a gain - just checked as we got back yesterday and I'm up 3lbs :-( :-( so gonna have to be strict this week to hopefully shift it for next weeks weigh in!

I had the same the week before last and lost 4lb last week, so I wouldn't worry yourself too much. Sounds like you had a fab weekend :)

You have to remember that this is a lifestyle rather than a diet. ... There will always be occasions where it doesn't go quite to plan but if you stick with it the rest of the time you will get there x

I had the same the week before last and lost 4lb last week, so I wouldn't worry yourself too much. Sounds like you had a fab weekend :)

We did, it was so lovely being pampered - I could get used to having a massage and facial! And the food was amazing, very artistically presented and how they pack so much flavour in to small dishes I'll never know.

Best weekend I've had in a long time :) I'll just have to be good this week and hopefully will do as well as you did and still are :)

You have to remember that this is a lifestyle rather than a diet. ... There will always be occasions where it doesn't go quite to plan but if you stick with it the rest of the time you will get there x

You're right. This is a lifestyle so once I'm back on my usual plan things should fall back in to place.

I knew I'd have a small gain (even though a little bit of me hoped it would just not happen - by magic I suppose haha!)

It hasn't put me off though, if anything it's made me more determined. I'd love to go on another spa break and feel a little more comfortable in my own skin. There were other ladies there who had such enviable figures - I'd love to be a similar size as them, and if I keep at it I'll stand a chance at least :)

Back