All alone in the Century Club .. for now! Join me?

366to266

Wanna lose 100lb
Sad to see nobody on here any more BUT I will post anyway and see if I can draw others to get this forum active again.

So I am restarting for the nth time and at a horrendous 353 pounds.

Here is my plan:

• 1500 to 1800 calories a day, logged on MFP.
  • A set selection of calorie-counted mini-meals to be always available in my house. A LOT of soups.
  • Water aerobics one hour, once a week (to be increased later)
  • Walk half a mile once a week (to be increased later)
  • Drink more water, fruit tea, and dilute smoothie instead of tea.
  • Do chairobics with Paul every morning without fail, building up from my current 3 minute toleration to the full 9 mins

Still alone :-(

Hey. I'll join you. I'm sad to see nobody around on here anymore. I want to lose 9st 9.6 and get down to 11st. I'll do it with you. I hope you're still going strong.

My plan
Breakfast biscuits for breakfast (200 cals)
Slimfast shake for one meal (220 cals)
A healthy meal
A couple of snacks per day.

I would like to make exercise goals but right now my life is so crazy I can't commit. So let's do this.

135.6lbs to go. X

So, that is two of us, Camplestar. Where are all the very big women hanging out these days, if not on here?

I know. It's crazy quiet. I used to be on here a lot a couple of years ago. How you doing? I lost 8.4lb in my first weigh in. X

That's pretty good going.

I find some days easier than others. Do you get that?

Some days I feel totally satiated and by bedtime realise that I have only had about 1200 cals or so. Other days by 3pm I have only 300 calories left and end up going to bed at 6pm to stop me eating!

My current goal is to reach 19 stone 13. I have not been as low as that for 16 years. I am 24 stone 7.

Absolutely. I find it really hard when I have a long day at work. Feel the need to eat because I'm so tired. Wasn't too brill tonight. Went for dinner with my dad and had a massive burger with sweet potato fries but it was the best on the menu. I have breakfast biscuits for breakfast. Slim fast for dinner and then a nice tea. Trying to drink more too.

I don't have a mini goal. Maybe I should. I would like to look nice for the 4th February though. One of my brothers friends has arranged a ball for brain tumour research so I would like to treat myself to a nice dress or try to get into my old prom dress. Not sure I will get there though. Think I was 16 stone then. I started last week at 20st 9.6. I have to confess I weigh and track everyday. I like to keep an eye on what's going on.

Only a million more pound to go. X

I was persuaded to join Slimming World. Not going to meetings in person but an online group. I got the pack from SW with all the rules. The women in the group were adamant that I MUST break my scale addiction and throw away the scales and trust the SW programme. Well I was not going to chuck my lovely scales but I DID comply and put them in the wardrobe.

Six weeks of keeping 100% to SW and I finally had my weigh-in. I had gained just over a stone. I burst into tears and hit the pillow, sobbing like a baby. Never again will I stop looking at the scales. I weigh every single morning, naked. Then I go for a pee and a poo, come back and weigh again! LOL

That's why I do it. No shocks or disappointments. I could cope with that. How much are you hoping to lose by Christmas?

One thing I am really worried about is loose skin x

I have learned my lesson re: how much weight to lose by a deadline. It never works. Seems I can only control what I put IN, not what fat my body chooses to give up and when. (You may have found differently, of course.)

I don't think about loose skin because ANYTHING is better than being this heavy. It can be disguised to an extent by support pants, leggings, lycra etc. Sexy teddies and corsets whatever to cover and control it in a sex situation. Anything is better than this!

I suppos so. I might actually get some male interest. Put on a pound this morning. Hope it goes again tomorrow. X

Are you single and looking, then? I have a wealth of experience about modern day dating!

I most certainly am. Single and waiting probably though. I gave up looking a while ago. X

I dumped my fellah. I'm masking the emotional agony by shagging someone else. It's working.

Last edited:
Wow. I split with my fiancé about 6 years ago. Saw a guy on and off for about a year but that's it. Long term single.

Even though I am rarely without a boyfriend, I don't subscribe to the belief that anyone "needs" another person to make them happy. Also I CRINGE whenever people use the expression "other half". Especially in relation to me! How dare they assume that I am only half a person without a man to make me a whole! Grr. There are pros and cons to being in a full-on monogamous sexual relationship. It's not a bed of roses by any means!

hi,

Popping by to subscribe. Seems you're doing well so far! Would love to buddy up if you're still interested

x x

I'll join you too.
I'm doing Slimming World currently. Losing very slowly at the moment as I just can't get my head in the game. Previously I've done Cambridge Weight Plan twice.
The first time I was 17st 12lbs and got down to 14st 5lbs. Second time I was 20st 5lbs and I got down to 17st 5lbs. Unfortunately money and self-motivation got in the way.
I started SW at 19st 10lbs, hoping to get down to 12st by next September.

Hey. Looks like we will be around for a time together. I've lost 2.8 this week putting me up to 11.2 so far. Bring on the next week. My aim is 11st. Would be nice by summer but I think next Christmas is more realistic.

Hi Ladies, can I join in too? Looking to lose 8 Stone 10lbs. Had my first weigh in yesterday and 7lbs down which I am pleased with but terrible PMS munchies today. I plan to dig out a dress I bought a few years ago from Monsoon, in grey and green silk which I have NEVER been able to get into. It's a UK 18 but on the small side and I hope to be able to wear it Xmas Day. How does everyone else keep themselves motivated?

Back