All good work now blown away

I have just re-done my own fasting blood sugars using my wife's machine (nothing to eat or drink for 15 hours!!), and the level came in at 5.5. My last meal was pretty low-carb too, so I believe that the low measure was a glitch and that the problems with dizziness etc that I have been having is more likely down to the fact that my BP was low rather than my sugars.

I am going to work at coming back down the steps to the 1000, remain there until I have shifted some weight off again, and then start working my way back through the levels the way I was going to before I was interrupted. I am going to leave my ticker as was so that I can use my official weigh-in on Wednesday to assess the full impact of the last few days.

I will talk all this through with my CDC face-to-face then and we will take it from there. If I start to have any issues then I will reassess again.

Thanks SteveM and Frejja - yu've put my mind at rest a bit.

Yesterday I went dizzy loads of times and felt like I was really going to pass out but when I think about it I think that I was overly hungry at the time. I was digging my Dad's garden for him and bending up and down a lot and didn't have a bar until a couple of hours later than I would usually.

I was on the point of passing out on Saturday too and again I think perhaps I had left it too long between meals. I think I'll just keep an eye on the situation and hope it is down to that as I really don't want to come off this diet until I've got to 9 stones.

Well, after the black out on Friday and everyone moaning at me, I dedcided to go back to eating healthy. I am going to be tested for diabetes, and hope it will be ok. The problem I had was on Saturday, I woke up not being able to move neck or shoulders. The muscle in my neck was moving under the skin. It was so sore I could not eat anything without it hurting!

I will be doing a careful diet from now on and maybe WW in January. I was so guttered that I had to give up as I said I was doing so well. The worst thing was telling my CDC, and I bottled and sent an email instead. She was so sweet.

Oh well, back to life, back to reality!

Keep the faith Janice - do not worry about things until you know. Life is too short. There are plenty of ways you can continue your weight-loss journey whilst eating, you will just have to be very strict with yourself.

You will get to where you want to be, just by a different route is all.

Back