All Inclusive Holiday :-s

angwass

I go on an AI holiday a week today to Salou and I am feeling extremely nervous. I have lost 16lb since March and i've worked soooo hard to get that off as I have up and down weeks.

I am worried that I'm going to go away and put on more than I want to....ideally I would like no more than a 3lb gain. I'm hoping because its in the back of my mind that I am going to make the right food choices.

Has anyone been in a similar situation and how have people got on at WI after a week AI?

Thanks x

I havent been on an AI on SW but I know when I go to Phoenix on holiday its so hot that a salad seems appealing!!! Maybe allow yourself one or two treats a day so maybe a croissant, or an ice cream , pudding in the evening, big cocktail etc. One lady in my group came bk from holiday and she had lost 6lbs but I wondered whether she really relaxed and enjoyed herself. She didn't drink, have ice creams etc. Maybe if you allow yourself a couple of naughties a day or maybe one whole day of blow outs then be good the rest, it might help. Good luck and enjoy!!

Ps don't forget to record your walking and swimming as body magic and you can maybe add it to getting your award :)

I know exactly how you feel! I've got a 2 week AI holiday to Cuba in 3 weeks time and I'm getting really nervous about how much I'm going to gain!

Luckily we went to the same hotel last year so I know what to expect food-wise so hopefully I can make the right choices.

There's a chap making omelettes in the morning, so I can have one of those with tomatoes and onions and peppers and my HEXA cheese.
Lunches will be from the beach bar and be grilled chicken or grilled fish and salad.
Evenings I'll try and max up the veggies and lean meats.

My downfall will most definitely be cocktails! I drank A LOT of pina coladas last year and I know if I do that again I'm going to undo an awful lot of my hard work! Best thing for me to have would be rum and diet coke, but I can't stand coke! Think I'm just going to try and drink lots of water all day, then treat myself to a few cocktails in the evenings.

There are tennis and basketball courts there so OH and I will try and keep nice and active. There's a gym too, where he will probably go, but I'd rather have a walk along the beach or go snorkelling/swimming in the sea. Hopefully if I can be active enough, then that will work off my treats!

Have an amazing holiday in Salou! Let us know how you get on :) xx

really sensible ideas Jezzie....especially having a salad as a starter! i would do that to make sure you are getting at least some good stuff every day. omelettes sound good for brekkie and you can top it up with fruit too.

just remember that where you are going there will be TONS of fresh seafood and meats so aim straight for those and only treat yourself to anything else afterwards. i.e. if you have had a plate of salad with some fresh fish, then maybe have a little ice cream afterwards.

Try to remember not to eat once you are full just because its there - this used to be my downfall!

Thanks guys, it's nice to know it's not just me that worries over things like this :)

When I went away last year AI I would have soup and a breadroll for a starter and have some bread with my main so I know I have to not do that this year. I'm not a massive dessert fan other than ice cream so don't think I will overdo it on those.

When I'm at home I am not a massive drinker but when I'm away I do have a drink every night but I wouldn't say I drink a substantial amount but because I don't drink when I have an occasional night out at home, I rarely lose weight so I think if anything is going to do it for me it will be the alcohol.

I'm sure I will enjoy myself and probably make the right choices without thinking about it as like you say when it's warm I enjoy a salad and don't really fancy hot food and I love fish so hopefully I will be able to fill up on salad.

I will keep you posted on how I do as I get back Tuesday and get weighed on Thursday, which isn't great as I won't have anytime to get back on it 100% before WI x

try to have a red day wednesday and thursday to give you a little boost - i find red days work best for me! that may help a bit....

When I go on holiday I always eat SW friendly food as much as possible, sometimes it's just so difficult as you don't know how things have been cooked, but just make informed choices & do the best you can.

I ususally have a drink but stick to wine (I've had bad experiences with allergies towards some alchol), and never have so much I'm hung over.

I always like walking & sightseeing which takes up a fair amount of time.

Just try & make the best choices possible & enjoy your holiday.

I had 2 weeks in France last month (before re-joining). It wasnt AI (we were in a gite)but I ate bread,cheese, pate etc, drank wine at night, lager through the day. Got back and had only put a pound on and I'm convinced its because we walked loads (and the Dordogne towns all seem to be built up the side of steep cliffs!!) and also I snacked less (harder to cheat with choccie biccies when theres 9 of you in 1 house!)

Enjoy your holiday, dont go mad and get straight back into it when you get back. Just think how much better you feel with your weight loss so far. That feeling lasts whereas the joy of a Pina Colada only lasts while you're drinking it!!! Same with a bread roll, dessert etc

I went to Cuba for two weeks & came back 6lbs....lighter!!! In fact I lose weight almost everytime I'm on an AI holiday. I'm veggie which obviously means I'm a little limited to start with & I will admit I don't pay too much attention to food when I'm away. There usually isn't enough to replace the meat I'm not having so I have to eat whatever is veggie & available.

I would suggest that you go for meat, lots of veggies & there's ALWAYS at least one potato dish everyday in an AI buffet. I find having little portions of everything is good as if one thing has some oil on it you know you've only had a small amount.

My advice is that you don't get stressed over the food, above all you want to enjoy yourself, so eat what you fancy but keep in the back of your mind that you don't want to go crazy, that way should you gain, it won't be too much.

We were on a cruise this year and I only put on a pound during the whole week and I had a lot of alcohol!

Breakfast was either scrambled egg or beans on wholemeal toast, lunch was always salad with grilled fish or a tomato pasta with salad and for dinner I tended to go for fish or roast meat with vegetables. It's actually surprisingly easy to stick to the healthy option on an all inclusive as there are so many light fish, salad and vegetable options available - much more than you'd have at home. You tend to eat less stodgy food when it's hot anyway.

I would steer clear of sugary cocktails though as they are much worse for you than beer, spirits or wine!

I got back off holiday last week and am to find out the damage at my first weigh in since tomorrow night. Not looking forward to it despite the fact that I have ben trying to claw back the damage since I got home I can still feel my clothes are tight.

It wasn't all inclusive but I ate like it was and regret it because I ate for the sake of it and beyond fullness and enjoyment(hopefully I have learnt my lesson.....this time!) I couldn't resist the bread and snacks and foods around that I wouldn't mormally have but because we were sharing with oothers there were around.

My intention was to eat lots of superfree and just have the treats that I really wanted and that would be advice to you and hopefully you can do better than me! I think if you have it and enjoy it its worth it and holidays are one of those times where we deserve to relax and enjoy ourselves.

Also,have checked out the place you are going and it looks great and am considering it for next year for me and the family so let us know what its like and how you get on with the food too!

Emsie, isn't there a big waterpark near Salou, that would be brill for the children.

I've just googled it, it's Port Aventura I was thinking about & yes it is in Salou:D

Yeah there is and theme park! Only problem is 1 son loves the big rides but the rest of us don't and he'd be gutted not to go on them but have got it earmarked as a possibility! Hubby wanted me to book it today so I think he likes it!

I was in Salou this summer and the theme park is great. Maybe for the one son who does enjoy the big rides you could buy the express pass which enters him in to a much shorter queue meaning that you guys won't have to wait as long!

There's some fantastic shows there too, the only problem for me was that theyre spoken in spanish and I didn't have a blooming clue what was going on! The theme park itself actually has q a wide variety of food and its not too hard to make decent choices. Most of all enjoy it.
After 10 days in Salou I gained 2lbs and the. I had a fortnight in Florida and gained another 6. I've been home two and a half weeks and it's all gone plus a teeny bit more. It's important to enjoy yourself too!

Yeah there is and theme park! Only problem is 1 son loves the big rides but the rest of us don't and he'd be gutted not to go on them but have got it earmarked as a possibility! Hubby wanted me to book it today so I think he likes it!

It does look amazing, as I was looking at it I did think it look a brill place for children & grown ups.

I was in Salou this summer and the theme park is great. Maybe for the one son who does enjoy the big rides you could buy the express pass which enters him in to a much shorter queue meaning that you guys won't have to wait as long!

That's a brilliant idea.

It does look amazing, as I was looking at it I did think it look a brill place for children & grown ups.

That's a brilliant idea.

The prices seem quite reasonable too and quite a few of the hotels I've looked at have good reviews so am really thinking this could be the place to go! Can't afford to book it as yet so have got time to decide and change our minds but think if could afford it I would book lol
Good idea about the express pass just not sure about him going on on his own x

Well I had my first weigh in tonight after my all inclusive holiday and I gained 2.5 lbs so I'm happy with that. I did try to eat healthy when I could but I did have treats and alcohol every night. Straight back on the diet :) x

Great result - well done you!!!

You need to enjoy your holiday and have treats but also make good choices.

I went away this year and I ate out every breakfast and evening in America. I'd have pancakes for breakfast with syrup and bacon. Then in the evening I had whatever I wanted. But never felt the need for a lunch. When I got home I lost 3lbs over 2 weeks and was shocked.
But the amount of walking and swimming I did on the holiday must have burnt lots of energy.
If I had stuck to my diet over that time I wouldn't have enjoyed my holiday. I just thought I'm gonna be doin this every day this year. 2 weeks off means nothing. Luckily it went my way.

And as other people have said there are usually good choices. All inclusive usually have amazing salad bars and fruit bars. Like in the morning you can have a bowl of fresh melon and and they usually make omelettes. Which are quite low syns. Then for lunch a salad. Then in the evening just eat whatever you fancy :)

I am going to an All Inc this week but unfortunately I dont like salad and not keen on veg so it will be quite difficult for me. However, I do love fruit!

Back