All Inclusive holiday - what do you do??

Northern Lass

This time next week i will be on a plane on my way to Cuba, for 2 weeks AI. :eek::eek: Should i make an effort to stick to the plan, but allow myself extra syns for alcohol? or should i have a couple of weeks off plan, and get back to it when i get home?
what do you do and how easy is it to get back on track??:confused::confused:
Thanks

Hiya,

Ooo cuba I loved it there. Make sure you go into Havana and get salsa dancing :D

Anyhoos, food. I would not sweat it too much, I would personally eat as well as I could making good decisions, avoiding butter on bread and cheesy things etc etc! But also not let food choices dominate my holiday, after all it is a holiday time to realx a little.

Also try and keep the drinking in check as drinks might be the worst for calories, but again if you want one, have one, but steer clear of pina coladas as coconut cream added things like that.

On return though, be prepared for a small gain, you might even surprise yourself and STS or lose! But be a 100% sw angel on return and have a lovely, lovely time!

xx

Personally i would have a couple of weeks off and get right back on when you get home!

A holiday, for most, is once a year and something you save hard for so go enjoy and get right back to it when you get back :)

id try and keep a happy medium if you can, make good choices but dont pressure youreself into trying to stick to plan 100%, its your annual holiday enjoy it!! have a wonderful time xx

I to to Jersey every September. The food there is excellent and I go with two other people who also like their food. We go to good restaurants and I eat what I like. I put on an average of 6 pounds.

When I come back I immediately go back on plan and lose it within two weeks.

I don't worry about it, I don't get stressed about it, I don't even think about it. I have one holiday a year, food is an important part of that holiday, and I have a good time.

Gained 9lbs last yr on holiday..but Aileen you are very true - we have saved all year for this holiday and i need to try and not worry too much, after being 100% for 6 weeks it is a scary thought though. Chicaloca - i love pina coladas..might have to stick to the mojitos.

Chicaloca - i love pina coladas..might have to stick to the mojitos.[/QUOTE said:
Ahhh but youre going to the home of the dacquiri, blended fruit n booze ;) :D

I'm off to Eygpt next week, AI, and intend to be off plan. I worked hard for this holiday and I'm not going to deprive myself of a little of something that I fancy. But it will be sooooooooo hot out there, I doubt I'll eat mountains of food. But its 2 weeks out of a year, Im not going to worry about it too much. I deprive myself of things every other time!

I go on all inclusive holidays and still stay on plan, here are my tips! (I managed a STS from a week in Turkey in April so it works!)

I took an EE approach to food so stock up on fruit and veggies where you can!

Avoid Bread at breakfast - instead have fruits, cereals (HEB!!!) and egg based foods

Drink loads of water and steer clear of creamy cocktails at night! Diet drinks are great too!

Meal times - try to have tomato sauces or fish meat that has been grilled.

I did 30 mins of exercise every day - swimming (proper - not bobbing round the pool!) walking, or visit the onsite gyms. I found it easy to do this after the sun had gone down, and before evening meals - that way you can shower after and get ready for the night!!!

Dance - make some body magic on the dancefloor - you are on holiday!!! :D

Have one treat every day - and pretend that is your syns!!! so i had perhaps one creamy cocktail, or a cake, or some icecream, crips etc - so you are having your treats - you are on holiday after all!

These are just ideas though - some people decide to have the holiday off plan, but I feel that you can still have a great holiday - but keep SW at the back of your mind....! xxxx

I am off to Cuba myself next month - cant wait!!! where are you staying? xxx

I agree with other posters!
Make smaller, easier decisions, like less oil/butter/dressings etc but all in all, eat what you like!
It's a chance to explore a new culture and a whole new cuisine, so make the most of it!

I'm guessing it's going to be pretty hot, so drinking plenty of water is probably a good thing both health-wise and weight-loss wise, and I'm guessing there'll be lots of fruit you can eat, but at meal times, I'd go with whatever takes your fancy! Two weeks won't result in too much of a gain, so I reckon it'd be worth it just to start when you get back!

Plus, when people are on holiday, they often do a lot more walking/exercise than they realise, whether it's sight-seeing or going to the beach - so you'll probably find that the gain won't be nearly as bad as you think it might be!

Have an absolutely fantastic time, and make sure you post some holiday photo's when you get back, I'd love to see what Cuba is like! xxxx

I go on all inclusive holidays and still stay on plan, here are my tips! (I managed a STS from a week in Turkey in April so it works!)

I took an EE approach to food so stock up on fruit and veggies where you can!

Avoid Bread at breakfast - instead have fruits, cereals (HEB!!!) and egg based foods

Drink loads of water and steer clear of creamy cocktails at night! Diet drinks are great too!

Meal times - try to have tomato sauces or fish meat that has been grilled.

I did 30 mins of exercise every day - swimming (proper - not bobbing round the pool!) walking, or visit the onsite gyms. I found it easy to do this after the sun had gone down, and before evening meals - that way you can shower after and get ready for the night!!!

Dance - make some body magic on the dancefloor - you are on holiday!!! :D

Have one treat every day - and pretend that is your syns!!! so i had perhaps one creamy cocktail, or a cake, or some icecream, crips etc - so you are having your treats - you are on holiday after all!

These are just ideas though - some people decide to have the holiday off plan, but I feel that you can still have a great holiday - but keep SW at the back of your mind....! xxxx

I am off to Cuba myself next month - cant wait!!! where are you staying? xxx

I did pretty much the same as this when i went to turkey in june! I had yogurt and fruits for breakfast, salads or couscous that i took with me for lunch, and then picked the healthier meals for evening meal such as meats with tomatoey sauce and veg and rice and just left my chips...i did tend to have a treat a day but for example if i went on holiday before...if i wanted a waffle id have it for dessert, but this time i had it for lunch instead of both! i also did swimming and used the gym most days! And after two weeks i actually lost 3 pounds! I do think the heat had a lot to do with it too though as i didnt have my normal greedy apetite :)

Anyway which ever decisionss you make...make sure you enjoy yourself and have a lovely holiday! xx

Whenever I go away, whether it is AI or self catering I don't stick to plan. I have what I want.
I do make good choices, I don't have butter for example and would pick a tomato sauce over a creamy one but, for me, food is a big part of my holiday so I enjoy it.
I have just returned from a 2 week holiday and don't yet know what I've gained, but I know I have and I enjoyed it!

Whatever you choose, have a jolly good time!

I went to Egypt AI in May, made sensible choices most days, had a big blow out on some others, and came back with a 2lb gain, which I lost the following week. I say do the same, don't deprive yourself the hol you've been so excited for, but make sensible choices if you can.

Lots and lots of swimming and walking!!! Have fun!!

When I went away AI I ate whatever i wanted but used a smaller plate and never went up for seconds. I enjoyed the food immensely but only put on 4 lbs. A holiday for me is about enjoying foods i wouldn't normally have at home. The decision has to be yours xxx

I went to Cuba, ATE AND ATE AND ATE and lost 2lb!! I think the heat, walking and endless amounts of water (and the swimming) helps.

Most importantly.....enjoy your holiday!!!! We are going to Turkey in a few weeks and I will be 100% OFF plan. We have worked hard this year to be able to go away so Im going to enjoy it whilst Im there!! xx

Thanks everyone for that. I have intended to try and make healthy choices - WI is tomorrow night and i am going to stick to the plan 100% all week ( i fly next Monday) previously my holiday would have started the minute after my last WI. Then make healthy food choices, but relax around the alcohol.

I am going AI to egypt in Septemeber my plan is to take myself a few 1lb under target before I go and that will allow me to have a 6lb gain not sure if I will need it but just dont want to come back too far out of target. Going to enjoy myself stick to plan for breakfast and lunch then have what I want in the evenings. Damage limitation :D:D will see how it pans out when I get there tho cuz the sight of all the lovely food may just make me go off plan completely !!

Your holiday comes just once a year (if you're lucky lol) so kickback and enjoy. I know the local cuisine is a big part of my holiday so I take a week or so off plan and get the weight off when I get back. Whatever you do make sure you enjoy!

just try to stick to your rice and pasta dishes and stay clear of the danishes and pudding and make sensible choices for breakfast and dessert like boiled egg for breckers or fruit for dessert etc also if you really fancy a bit of cake for dessert or a danish treat yourself to one or two over the holiday just try no to gorge on them every day and try to keep the alcohol to evenings and not all day and when you do have it choose spirits with a diet mixer like diet coke or soda water. and if they have a pool just get in it and swim about even if it just swimming to the pool bar for a drink and back to your lounger.
thats what i did and i lost 4lb and my mum and sis who are doing SW lost 4.5 lb and STS.

good luck and have a nice holiday and dont let it stress you out

I would go for damage limitation, by avoiding the really bad things that you know about, but enjoy yourself!

Like others have said, do plenty of swimming & walking & hopefully it will right any wrongs.

have a great holiday - its what we work so hard for!

Back