All or nothing. Here goes...

selma

So, after reading other people's diaries on here over the last few weeks and being totally inspired I've decided to start my own...

I was on weightwatchers a few years ago and lost over a stone and a half but over the 12 months have put it all back on (and a couple more pounds!) so have decided to go back and this time want it to be the last time.

I also know that it's time I gave up smoking. I always seem to be trying to quit or to diet and seem to smoke more when I'm dieting or eat more when I'm trying not to smoke. This time it's all or nothing. I can't use either as an excuse for either.

If anyone has any ideas or tips, I'd gladly welcome them...

Best of luck! You'll rock this weight loss :)

Hi Selma, welcome to minimins . well done on getting back on track .Are you going to try and loose weight and give up smoking at the same time ? .. Are you going to WW classes or doing it at home yourself . I recommend the classes really . The new pro points plan is easy to stick to and you get good advice and support from your class. Try and make time for you to stay to the whole class as weighing and running is not really learning anything. you could do that at home. Best of luck with it and keep us posted about how you are doing ,good days and bad days ,we have had them all ,we will keep you motivated...:D

Thanks skinnymini2be. Think I'm going to need lots of support to do this. Well done on your loss so far...

Michillinwoman, Well done on your loss too. I think our starting weights are similar so it's great to see what can be achieved in less than 3 months. I am trying to do both at the same time (diet and not smoke)! Mostly because I've tried both in the past and both times have compensated by doing more of the other :) Whenever I don't smoke I find that I eat more, tell myself it's ok to do so for a month or so and then find myself smoking again, and having put on weight :( And whenever I try and diet I smoke more which makes it harder to then do the exercise that I know I need to...

I am going to classes but I live abroad and so don't always totally understand what the teacher is saying. Here they stick to the original plan. Is it called Discovery?

I hope to write at least once a day as a record (and to try and keep myself on track) and will be asking for help if I find myself going astray! I'm also starting a new job next month and want to start there as a non-smoker, healthy eater as they want know me any other way...

ps. can someone tell me an easy way to find this thread when I want to update?
Today I had to look through all the new posts until I found it!

Hi there, you can click on the User CP link at the top of the page and view all your subscribed threads....

Back