All set for delivery!!!

pollytunnel

No not pregnant ..ordered from Exante..should be here Monday/Tuesday..
Husband and I need to get into shape...off carbs from now ...apparently makes the first few days better if you reduce carbs before you start....Do not know how it will go as I dont move around a lot,bad hips...I think the VLCD is probably the best way to lose a couple of stones to start with. I am hoping that my hips may improve enough to get about a bit more..really want to lose 6 stone + any more will be a bonus...How I let this happen I don't know but time to do something about it...apart from the meals all I think I need is positive thinking and you all to talk to...wish me luck everyone!!!!!!!!

Polly

Good luck Polly and hubby, started last Tues myself, first time on a vlcd and actually not so bad. (get me...enthusiastic at day 3...only till xmas to go!!). Good luck when your pack comes!

No not pregnant ..ordered from Exante..should be here Monday/Tuesday..
Husband and I need to get into shape...off carbs from now ...apparently makes the first few days better if you reduce carbs before you start....Do not know how it will go as I dont move around a lot,bad hips...I think the VLCD is probably the best way to lose a couple of stones to start with. I am hoping that my hips may improve enough to get about a bit more..really want to lose 6 stone + any more will be a bonus...How I let this happen I don't know but time to do something about it...apart from the meals all I think I need is positive thinking and you all to talk to...wish me luck everyone!!!!!!!!

Polly

HI pollytunnel - FIRST GOOD LUCK!

Second, its all about your head, its not the easiest diet to start but once into the swing of it food becomes less important. Once the first stone goes you wonder why you did not do this years ago.

I believe avoiding carbs pre start is best (I didn't - had last bottle of w****!) It took quite some time to de tox and adjust. If you can take some exercise it will help a lot. Swimming is great for dodgy joints, non weight bearing and generally good for you.
But I really wanted to say my dodgy hips, croaky knees, bad back, achy feet are ALL CURED! That's the truth. So now instead of joining a waiting list for new knees, new hips etc and buying a walking stick - I swim 50 lengths - five times a week and feel really great. My energy levels are amazing and I do far more than ever before.
One warning! its the clothes - I am serious danger of becoming a shopaholic! I just love the new clothes.
GSQ

Lost????

I have been telling people for years that I have a size 10 body somewhere...I thought I put it in the wardrobe but have spent years looking for it...Every overweight person has clothes too small that they think they will get into sometime...me included..just to put something on that doesn't pull across my shoulders or make me look like a sack of potatoes...I don't ask much ...but everything has a price so thanks for the support will be talking to you all quite a lot over the next few weeks I'm sure...

Polly

My pack should be here monday too ;) joint and back pain WILL go. I lost 6st on sw before coming here and i can recall the knee pain, hip pain an general backache. I moved slower i felt older and just really sluggish. I've opted for last minute blow out, then 100% from monday. Eeep!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins *5st of me gone since 03/01/2011* and a total of 6st since the birth of my youngest, Oakley Storm :)

I am so pleased to have found you lot I am not a forum person really but I really think we can spur each other on..husband needs to lose a few stone as well so it may be easier with 2...he can't wait for it to arrive and has already worked out what he is going to do...He seems more determined than me...we will see ha ha ha ...roll on postman ...

Hi polytunnel!! Good luck for starting exante... You won't regret it. My OH started with me as well and was really motivated about it, he lasted half a day and caved in crying that he couldn't do it. Lol I hope your hubby has more willpower xx

Welcome Polly to the exante club... im on day 4 and couldnt be happier to of got this far i just want my weigh in to come so much quicker as i am hoping it will give me more encouragement..

Good luck for Monday and keep us all posted

Wish u both all the luck & big welcome to the EXante crew :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Delivered at last...

At Last!!!!!!

Weekend order after 1 so came today ..looks exciting...someone said they have 6 mealtimes and half their soup etc..thats worth remembering especially the bars they look filling...Not allowed to mention food but had my last breakfast of my favourite intake this am to finish up what was left so starting clean slate tom am...I will also have repetitive strain injury from writing to you lot as I already find it helps to keep me motivated..so expect a lot to read hope your not bored...

Thanks for the good luck will be back tom pm to talk again...

Polly

Let us know how you get on... The first few days are the most testing x

GOOD LUCK:D,im sure you wont need it hun, im on my 16th day ( the food thoughts stay) but the skinny me thoughts rise far above it! i must admitt im hardly ever hungry- drink water if you have cravings and they soon go! the first few days may be tough, but wernt half as tough as i excpected(((hugs)) your way
laura x

Hey all started Tuesday evening struggling had to doctor the shakes with strong coffee to make them drinkable...having probs drinking enough and miss a hot drink...coffee black no sug not for me..dont like tea...

Hubby doing well but felt he needed something else today so had a little cooked chicken...I will struggle on as long as I can and if it is too hard may add a little protein i.e.lean meat or steamed fish..but am hoping to do it without as have quite a lot to lose and want a real boost to start the diet..You have done well Dawn 7 lbs thats half a stone( it sounds more like that!!!) I look at it as a war and every day is another battle...and I do not like being the loser(except where weight is concerned)....keep it up Dawn lovely to talk to you ..

Polly

Keep going, you can do it!!

I am on day 8 of TS. The first few days were quite hard, but it then gets so much easier:)

I have such a lot to lose, and am absolutely determined this time.

If you need inspiration, take a look at the thread with the before and after photos. Absolutely amazing, and truly inspirational.

In a few months I hope to add my photos there:D

There is so much support here. Stay strong, and we can do this together.

Hi Polly, well done for sticking to it!
It really is a battle isnt it, I do actually find it easier having the one rule...NO FOOD! I think it makes it simpler for me rather than the usual, shall I have this, shall I have that and how much shall I have on usual SW type diets. I think I like choices in food and then make bad ones!!
My absolute worst thing is battling driving home when Im knackered and think Im mad hungry and just want something quick down my neck. Thats my worst will power failure...I can hear myself now 'shall we go out for tea?' 'Shall we have a takeaway?' 'Shall we have a pud?'. Golly just bad choices made me a big fatty...how rubbish is that!
Am sure this time we can do it...like Darcy posted (hi darcy!) 'am absolutely determined this time'. Thats me too!!
Just think when you read on here where people loose 14lbs a month.....thats going to be us!!
Have good rest of weekend all!!

Hi all, how you doing this Sunday?
Darcy what a great first week loss, I posted somewhere else that I think 14lbs a month is my new reality! Those -14 and -16's a weel loosers aint going to be me!!
First dodgy day for ages today, had to have an extra half a bar a minute ago, but hey if thats worst thats ok!!
Think itll be a coke zero for a treat tonight....whoooo...hoooo...sex and drugs and rock n roll or what!!!???
Have good Monday ladies, and darcy just think you near that first stone already after 8 days!!

Last edited:
5 days in getting there..still hungry but don't know if its real or just mouthing...I wish I was a smoker because I could have a cig and take my mind off it...as I am not rumbling much...Have used a lot of fuel this last few days going out for a drive (walking is difficult with my athritic hips) You never want to eat when you are driving....or thats my thoughts...lovely to hear that you are all doing so well keep it up every one...my clothes are definately looser ...so things look good..
bye for now onwards and upwards.......

Polly

Back