All syn or no syns ?????

Java1975

Hi

Just a quick question does everyone use all their syns or not. Im just a bit worried because I have used 102 syns all week which nearly totals 15 per day. Will I still lose weight ? My weigh in is in the morning

Thanks

Jane

x

Your syns are part of the plan and there to be used, good luck for your weigh in.

I use all 105 of mine

I do/will use all of mine. I have a lot to use so need something to take away when plateau hits!

Hi

Just a quick question does everyone use all their syns or not. Im just a bit worried because I have used 102 syns all week which nearly totals 15 per day. Will I still lose weight ? My weigh in is in the morning

Thanks

Jane

x

It doesnt feel like it but following the SW plan is ultra low in calories in general and fat in particular. It's far too easy to slip into a level of calories substantially below that needed to keep yourself healthy. The syns mean that you can top up on what might be a too strict diet. It also helps psychologically as well, if you can have a bit of whatever you want, it helps with the cravings.

I rarely eat all my syns, or anything like it, but i know they are there and i often use them by adding things into my cooking. The difference between 102 syns and 105 is irrelevant and unmeasurable....

I always use at least 10 syns a day, the lowest I've ever worked them out at is an average of 9 syns a day. When I have reduced my syns I've struggled to loose, they're there for us to use, you wouldn't be doing yourself any favours by cutting them out

Your syns are to be used, thats what they are there for, if you want all 105 then have all 105, if you only want 35 then fine, they are there for you to enjoy. I usually use between 95 and 105 in a week.

Thats the beauty of SW, you are allowed those syns! Enjoy every single one of them, if you go without your syns if you see something naughty people are more likely to binge! but if you have a little a day those sweet and naughty cravings are kept under control! :p

I use every one of mine, 15 a day, personally i find if i try having less at around 10 syns a day I do not loose as much weight, they are allowed so why not!! helps keep me on the straight and narrow as i can have crisps, choc and other high cal/fat foods in moderation, stops me feeling deprived!

You have up to 15 per day anyway as PART OF THE PLAN, were you never told that??
Yes I know max of 15 syns a day can be used as stated in my first post. I was asking to see how everyone else uses them and to see if the quanity effects weight loss. I know the plan but was just asking people option.

The main area where quantity seems to affect weight loss is where people go without them altogether. Don't worry one bit about using your maximum if you need to. I tend to aim for 10 a day, then if I go a little over, it's not an issue, or if I fall a little under, that doesn't matter either, as you should try and always have at least 5. Lots of people on here have gone all the way to target, using the full 105 per week - if you find your losses slow, you can adjust your syns accordingly :)

I use all of mine. Some weeks all over one or two days at the weekend and some weeks they're spread over the week.
I still have good losses (2lb last week, 3.5lb the week before) even close to target.

Yes I know max of 15 syns a day can be used as stated in my first post. I was asking to see how everyone else uses them and to see if the quanity effects weight loss. I know the plan but was just asking people option.

I know, but as you asked if you could have up to 15 syns & still lose weight it sounded as if you hadn't been told.

15 syns is part of the plan so if you're sticking to that you'll be fine. In the weekly plans in the SW mags they actually suggest up to 10, if you're worried you could try having 10 & see how you get on. Sometimes it's trial & error, some lose better when they have their full syn allowance, others don't find it affects them. I try to have at least 10 but usually find myself using all 15!!

I use each and evry one of mine. Cutting back on them or going without will not help weight loss - I see people every week at my group not losing cos they havent used theirs. x

This is so true. I fell into this trap thinking "I dont need the syns and it will make me lose more weight quicker" but it stopped me losing weight. I think it's just cause we are used to hearing that you shouldnt eat the foods that are syns so it's like brainwashing. I'm still a bit like this. Not eating all my syns but going to start counting them daily so I can start losing weight again. I have found that saving syns up all week for a night out or special meal does not work for me either. I dont know if my body thinks "you havent eaten any fat" so when you finally do it stores it all? Who knows. Eat them syns! :party0051:

This is so true. I fell into this trap thinking "I dont need the syns and it will make me lose more weight quicker" but it stopped me losing weight. I think it's just cause we are used to hearing that you shouldnt eat the foods that are syns so it's like brainwashing. I'm still a bit like this. Not eating all my syns but going to start counting them daily so I can start losing weight again. I have found that saving syns up all week for a night out or special meal does not work for me either. I dont know if my body thinks "you havent eaten any fat" so when you finally do it stores it all? Who knows. Eat them syns! :party0051:

When I first joined SW back in 2009 I didn't actually get a welcome meeting :( so I didn't know how important syns were. I decided that surely (!!!) I'd lose more if I ate no syns, after a few weeks of not losing I spoke to my C who said I must have them, even if it's only 5 a day, I did that & started losing again. Syns are important in the sense that they're there to be used & are part of the plan, but also if people love their chocolate or a packet of crisps or something, they don't have to go without. Nothing is not allowed, either make it SW friendly or eat a small about using your syns, that's what I love about SW :)

I use most of my syns every day i have the odd day with 4 or 5 but normally its between 10 or 15. I figure realistically am i ever going to stick to a diet if i never have cake, chocolate, crisps and all the other little things life throws at you? Am i never going to have pudding, or a glass of wine? Er - no! And i don't want to to beat myself up and feel bad if i want to dunk a biscuit in my tea if someone offers! So i use them and i think it works as i'm 8 about months in and there is 4 stone less of me then when i started!

Back