Extra Easy ALL THAT FOOD, REALLY?

Jack cooper

Hi there!! I've been on SW for 3 days now and I'm sticking to the book religiously but I'm struggling to fathom a few things.

No.1 - can I really eat free foods as much as I want? I know I can eat lots of speed free foods but if I wanted Eat say foods like proteins can I have them as often as my stomach desires?
No.2 - can I eat free foods as snacks in between meals on top of my syncs?
No.3 - does it actually work with being able to eat all that food? It seems strange to encourage myself to eat as much as I want when I've had a unhealthy relationship with food for so long.

I know these probably seem like stupid questions but I'm new to this sort of thing and if it works then I'll be hooked!! Any help would be great

It works! :)

I have a huge appetite.....a real grazer, so eat throughout the day when I can!

If the food is 'free' food, then that is exactly what it is...'free' to eat till your satisfied. Obviously, try to have a third of a plate of speed foods with every meal, and the more speed foods you choose to snack on the better.

I'm now very almost 9 stone lighter than I was 2 and a half years ago...and I have enjoyed food all the way through my journey (and will continue to do so). I did find that earlier on in my journey, I was able to eat more 'free' and not so much 'speed' and still get great losses. As I have got closer to target, I have perhaps had to reach for the speed foods more to see the bigger losses, but my whole way of seeing food has changed, so I now naturally reach for those options more often than not without even thinking about it.

This eating plan (I wouldn't describe it as a diet, because I have never felt deprived) is perfect for those with a rather healthy appetite...it's what makes it so enjoyable and therefore easier to stick to.

It's very early days for you....just keep doing what you're doing, and you'll be amazed at the results, I'm sure. Enjoy the rest of your first week, and I look forward to hearing how you get on on the scales at weigh in.

xx

Thanks very much for replying, it's really encouraging to hear, I'll post my results Monday night. I'm hoping for some sort of loss, it just seems too good to be true ha.
That's a hell of a lot of weight you have lost, you must be so proud of yourself.
I hope I have similar results.
Thanks

Thanks very much for replying, it's really encouraging to hear, I'll post my results Monday night. I'm hoping for some sort of loss, it just seems too good to be true ha.
That's a hell of a lot of weight you have lost, you must be so proud of yourself.
I hope I have similar results.
Thanks

Thanks, Jack.

Yes, I am really proud of how far I've come. Haven't been the weight I am now since I was probably about 11 or 12 years old....so a massive change!

Still can't quite believe I've done it....but it really does prove how do-able it is if you follow the plan.

Enjoy xx

Well it's safe to say I'm inspired!!
Can I just ask, how many syns did you allow your self at the beginning and how many now? And how did you gradually come down?

it works!!!!

I ate like a horse my first 2 weeks, just cut all the junk food and lost 6.5 lbs week one and 6 lbs week 2!

as for syns I went cold turkey, only Free and speed foods!

now every so often ill allow myself a Jaffa cake with a cuppa before bed!

Iv lost 1 stone 2 lbs in 4 weeks :) its doable!

Well it's safe to say I'm inspired!!
Can I just ask, how many syns did you allow your self at the beginning and how many now? And how did you gradually come down?

Personally I'd say start having the full amount. If you start too low you leave yourself with nothing to change if your loses slow down later on. Also the danger is if you don't have any, you could end up deprived and going off plan.

It doesn't have to be on 'junk'. I use mine on things like sauces, condiments, cheeses or bread etc.

Also I look at SW as a lifestyle change for good rather than a diet. I know I'd never be able to keep at it without any syns. I know I can lose weight AND enjoy 'treats', so why not?!

I agree with Caroline regarding syns. I have syns every day!

At the beginning of my journey, I had the full 15 a day (and actually I found out on here that because I was over 20 stone, I could have had up to 20, I think).

For you, Jack...I would advise having your full amount (check with your SW consultant what that amount is). I know men are allowed an extra 5 a day (so 20 syns a day)...and there may be a chance your allowance is a little higher.

But don't be afraid to use them. They don't damage your weight loss and they ensure you still feel you can have your treats and not ever feel deprived....and it is that which makes this plan so easy to stick to.

Whenever I had a little plateau in my weight loss, I'd try dropping down a couple of syns a day. Now that I'm close to target, I usually allow myself about 7 or 8 syns a day. If I know there's an event coming up, I sometimes go down to 4 or 5 a day, so that I can have a few more on the day that I need it (usually alcohol related...hee hee!) :D

Hope that helps xx

I also agree with the comments regarding syns. I'm only two weeks into SW and, although I'm not using syns for treats as such, I AM using them to simply enhance meals. A bit of parmesan over pasta, syn it! Teaspoon of cocoa powder with porridge (yeah, Im weird), syn it. I also use it for things like a bit of mayo if I have spicy wedges or cornflour to thicken a stew. On occasion I'll use a few for a glass of apple juice or some honey in herbal tea. Basically, little quality of life improvements. :)

I probably use 5 to 10 syns a day, which gives me room to drop them if I plateau.

my weight issue came from a thyroid that deteriorated to useless over a couple of weeks ( i gained 1 1/2 stone in those 2 weeks!) and I constantly snacked!!!!

Thats the good thing about syns, you can use them as you wish!

If you want to use all your hex a the syn your cheese, go for it!

If you dont wanna syn your cheese, use its as your hex a, go for it!!

both are right! just depends what works best for you!!!! :)

Back