Alli - Anyone using this?

Discussion in 'Orlistat (Xenical)' started by prettypink, 1 December 2010 Social URL.

1. prettypink

prettypink Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    GL
    Hi, just wondering if anyone is using Alli and how they are getting on with it? I have heard very mixed reports so would love is someone was able to give me some personal opinions. Thanks and good luck.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. downsizeme

downsizeme Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11.5lb(14.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm taking Orlistat which is prescription strength - double Alli- and it has really helped to keep me on track. If you eat low fat then you shouldn't get any side effects. You do still have to eat a low cal diet as if you eat too much, even low fat foods, you wont see the benefit.

4. vicky_77

vicky_77 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(7.81%)
    Diet:
    Xenical, Low fat Diet with light exercise.
    So is Ali half the strength of Xenical then but does the same thing? I dont know a lot about Ali.

5. alibalibee

alibalibee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7lb(35.23%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Vicky, Xenical and Alli are the same drug, Orlistat. Xenical is 120mg tablets, only available by prescription. Alli are 60mg tablets and can be bought over the counter from a pharmacist. I *think* Alli costs about £30 for 4 weeks supply.
    x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.