Alli takes the scenic route to maintenance

Alli, I am with you on the exercise bit, I hate swimming too, used to say I didn't have a swimsuit to fit and DH would take the children on his own, but now I am slim my old swimsuit just about fits without being miles too big, haven't told anyone this tho...
I know I need to do exercise, just cannot get motivated, I have everything I need here to do it including the wii fit and my fitness coach to also use on the wii.... I have toning plates, slendertone and cross trainer, but no, never use any of them. I also feel fatter, but I know I am not, in fact I am probably slightly smaller than when I reached goal as I am finding size 10 jeans in tesco are now slightly too big and 8s fit me... only problem with 8s is the muffin top caused by all the loose saggy skin around my tummy, if it would just stay tucked in everything would be fine.... lol Think the feeling fatter is just in our heads...

Good Morning diary :)

I've been to see my CDC and put on 1lb since last time 3 weeks ago. Considering that it's totm, I'm wearing jeans and I had a coffee before I went, that's pretty good.

I'm not doing anything special this weekend. I'm just about to walk down to our local Italian deli for a coffee with the children before popping to Bluewater to take some shoes back that broke after using them only 3 times.

Food plan today is:

B: Half a seed & bran bagel with peanut butter
L: Pork grills with chilli and garlic with salad
D: chicken with rice from my new Jamaican recipe book, broccoli
S: Fruit - plums, apples etc. CD bar

Right time to go - will catch up on everyone's diaries later today.

Hi Alli,
Hope you don't mind me crashing your thread but your opening post really struck a chord with me.
I too tried with all the will in the world to follow Intuitive eating and although i agree with so many of the principles of it i still think it is flawed. I think i know the online course you followed....i followed it too. The two things i have a problem with is the idea of accepting your body as it is and loving yourself regardless of how much weight you are carrying....wonderful if folk can do that but i couldn't when i loathed my appearance so much.
Also tuning in and letting your body decide what it wants to eat....this i had a real problem with. I could never work out if my body really did want that toasted bagel with cream cheese and jam or because i knew it was there waiting in the fridge, ready for me to pounce lol.
I'm sure it works for some people but i'm glad i decided to give dieting one more shot.
Good luck with your final stage....you have done great to get this far.

Good Morning everyone,

You'll never guess what I did yesterday (drumrolls, please!)........

I EXERCISED!!!!

A friend and I went along to aqua aerobics :D
and it combines my 2 least favourite exercise styles - in water and requiring coordination.
I loved it! I'm not sure the regulars loved us as we were giggling all the way through and got the moves wrong, but we had fun.
I'm going to go once a week - not a lot but it is a start.

Foodwise, I'm not doing brilliantly, but not badly either. The weight simply isn'st coming off even when I'm sticking to my 1200 calories so I'm wondering whether I need to start weighing food. I just don't want to get too controlled about it as I have a tendency of all or nothing and I worry that it will lead to obsessive weighing which inevitably will turn into bingeing. I think I'll stick to what I'm doing for another week and then see. Maintaining my weight is better than putting it on so I should be happy really.

Dreamingmaid - was it BC you were a member of? I have been a member of both BC and another one called food philosphy. Both are brilliant in theory but much harder to put into practice. They make it sound so easy, but it's not as is evident from the forum posts. I know the problem is that I used both these "plans" as diets and tried to follow instructions rather than truly making my own choices. I kept thinking - Is this how I should do it etc and so I certainly wasn't my own guru :rolleyes:.

Right today I'm eating:

B:1/3 crumpet with lurpak lighter (daughter's leftover), banana
L: Chicken Tikka Massala with rice and poppadums (curry day at work)
D: Tuna salad
S: a few clementines

The curry might take me slightly over 1200 but as breakfast and dinner are light it shouldn't be too much over.

Hope you are all well - I will catch up on the board tonight as I don't get a chance at work. Must run to catch my train now :)

I often stayed the same for a bit at each new step, and then the weight would go, so stick it out if you can! I think my body took a while to get used to the extra cals but then seemed to jump-start, I don't quite know how it works, but it does!

xxx

I actually gained weight the first week I was on 1000, I was totally gutted, but did lose it the next week, I think it is just our bodies adjusting to the higher carbs and calories. I do think you should weigh your food still as you are still doing the plans as it is so easy to have too much.... strangely portions are so much less than we imagined. I remember weighing a jacket potato on one diet I was on as it tells you the weight you should eat, I assumed as it was smaller than what I would normally eat it must be okay, but it was actually twice the weight I was allowed.... I was so surprised..

Hi Alli, You ok? Just making my sour dough starter!! Hope all's well with you.

Where are you Alli?

xxx

Aaaah girls - thanks for keeping tabs on me LOL! I'm still around but haven't checked in for a new days

It's not that I've been busy or anything, but I've just been having a mini life crisis for a few days :rolleyes::eek:

I'm not sure what's been going on but I have felt so stressed out over the smallest things. I'm generally a chilled out, easygoing person but for the past 4-5 days I've been a nightmare. I've been snappy and sarcastic at work and have come home and felt like I had a detonator inside me ticking away ready to explode at any time. My poor husband and children couldn't do anything right and yesterday they escaped for most of the day just to get away from me.

I woke up today and spent some time to get my head right and I feel a lot better now. I don't want to sound all weird or anything, but I have felt a bit lost over the past year or so. Because of my weight and other things I felt like I was only half living. Now that I've lost the weight and I've taken control of other aspects of my life I feel like I should be "sorted", but of course life doesn't work like that. So I spent some time this morning listing all the things I have to be grateful for (and it's a long list) and I feel much more positive now. My DH doesn't understand what's going on as I'm being so chilled out tonight - I'm sure he blames TOTM LOL!

Sorry if the above is just a big ramble, but I don't quite know what is going on inside my messy head LOL so putting it in writing is not easy.

Foodwise - I'm doing OK - not brilliantly but OK. I had a date with a bag of liquorice the other night and it gave me loads of attention and then it just vanished and I was left feeling used and abused :D Other than that I'm kind of sticking to plan.

Hope your sourdough starter is working out OK Bess! I've been neglecting mine for a while now, but it's been around for some time so should be OK. Will go and feed it in a minute now that you've reminded me.

I have been baking with the children this evening as a way of making up for being Mad Mum for the past few days. They now have yummy sausage rolls and peach and raspberry slices in their lunch boxes for tomorrow.

Oh it feels good to be back to normal :) (whatever that is)...

I will never trust a liquorice stick again after hearing your tale... made me laugh!

I know just what you mean with the emotions... I have been up and down like a crazy thing the last few months, and shocked beyond words that CD hadn't 'magically' solved all my head problems as well as my weight ones. You feel so good about the losses you forget the reasons for getting big could still be there & that there may be work to do to find other, better ways to deal with those problems. I think your plan of listing out things to be thankful for is genius, a reality check in a way... we all have so much to be glad about and have come so far. And in the great scale of things, our problems generally do dwindle down to not-very-much. Sunshine, friends, family, a place to live, enough money to live, health, hope... those are the things that matter.

For me PMT has been a part of this too... periods have been all over the place since start of CD & hormones still not settled... it may be more to do with age than CD but still a challenge.

We'll get there Alli... glad to see you posting again!

xxx

Cd definitely messed with my hormones and now I've finished they are getting a little messed up again. Although it could be my age.
Autumn does it a bit for me too. A melancholy time of year with the coming dark. :( I used to think it was me hating the children going back to school (I'm one of those weird Mums who thinks the best day of the year is in July when the children finish school for the longest time possible!) There's still a bit of that but I only have one at school now. You know - going back to the routine - yuk! Life ruled by bells and timetables. Ugh!
So don't worry about it, it'll pass and you'll be 'you' again soon. :)

Keeps them on their toes anyway!!

I looove this time of year!! I love the dark mornings and nights and the fact that my house is now full of candles and fairly lights (my DH is not as delighted as I am :)). I guess it's because I'm Swedish and used to it being dark a big part of the year. It's just lovely and it makes me want to make stews, apple sauce, cinnamon rolls (or anything with cinnamon really), drink red wine - not so good, and light the fire and snuggle up with a good book.

I had a bit of a scary incident yesterday on the way home from work. When my tube got to Tottenham Court Road and was waiting to close the doors we heard a load of men shouting aggressively. I then saw a man with a machine gun (or whatever) running across the platform. He was shouting "close the door" over and over again. Then I saw the armed police run up and down the platform - the doors were closed at this point. Then we were allowed to leave. Apparently they were looking for a man with a gun. It was over in a minute but in that minute we were all convinced something serious was happening and a lady beside me started hyperventilating. It was scary and really made me realise how vulnerable we are in a situation like that.

Anyway - I had a small piece of chocolate once i got off the tube as the adrenaline made me feel really weak.

Working from home this morning as I've got a customer visit locally later. I haven't worked from home for ages and am really looking forward to the peace and quiet :D

Yikes, how scary! Will be in London next week with family (holiday!!!) and would panic like mad if ever saw anything like this! Your square of choc was justified hon, bet you had worked off the cals in fear & adrenaline before you even ate it.

Like the sound of fairy lights and candles, maybe we should all be working the swedish look for autumn, sounds great!

xxx

Like the sound of fairy lights and candles, maybe we should all be working the swedish look for autumn, sounds great!

:D A couple of weeks ago - when it first started getting dark - there was a knock on our door at around 10pm. It freaked me out a bit as we normally wouldn't have anyone coming round unannounced at that time of night. When I opened the door 3 teenage girl's started singing Christmas carols. - they were clearly taking the Mickey out of my window lights :rolleyes: Oh well - I don't care. They are not Christmas lights (yet) - and I'll have them in my window if I want to :D:D:D

Hope you gave them a slice of mince pie! Lol!

xxx

I looove this time of year!! I love the dark mornings and nights and the fact that my house is now full of candles and fairly lights (my DH is not as delighted as I am :)). I guess it's because I'm Swedish and used to it being dark a big part of the year. It's just lovely and it makes me want to make stews, apple sauce, cinnamon rolls (or anything with cinnamon really), drink red wine - not so good, and light the fire and snuggle up with a good book.

I had a bit of a scary incident yesterday on the way home from work. When my tube got to Tottenham Court Road and was waiting to close the doors we heard a load of men shouting aggressively. I then saw a man with a machine gun (or whatever) running across the platform. He was shouting "close the door" over and over again. Then I saw the armed police run up and down the platform - the doors were closed at this point. Then we were allowed to leave. Apparently they were looking for a man with a gun. It was over in a minute but in that minute we were all convinced something serious was happening and a lady beside me started hyperventilating. It was scary and really made me realise how vulnerable we are in a situation like that.

Anyway - I had a small piece of chocolate once i got off the tube as the adrenaline made me feel really weak.

Working from home this morning as I've got a customer visit locally later. I haven't worked from home for ages and am really looking forward to the peace and quiet :D

Your description of Autumn sounds lovely, I'll try to think of it like that. I think it's just that it goes on for soooo long. I love the spring and summer - long light nights, riding as the sun rises at 4am!! I feel like 'me' in the summer.

Scary time on the tube - shades of Jean Charles de Menezies? Poor you, I'd have eaten the whole bar though!! Just have actually and have no scary reason or any other for my piggery! Lovely post that you wrote for Lizz by the way.

Thank God it's not Wednesday anymore! I had a food black-out last night and ate my way through near enough a lb of chocolate in about 10 minutes.:17729:
Never mind - It's Thursday today and yesterday is (nearly) forgotten about....

I'm off to the O2 now - am leaving in 5 minutes. I've never driven there before and get a bit nervous when driving somewhere new but am sure I'll be fine. I've no idea what will be served for lunch but assume it will be some sort of posh buffet so have just had a shake this morning to allow for a possible over indulgence :rolleyes:.

The weather is amazing here in Kent this morning. It's crisp and sunny - a true autumn day. I just wish I could grab my winter coat a pair of boots and a wooly hat and go for a walk - but my boss wouldn't be impressed. My winter coat will be about 3 sizes too big as well - more shopping is needed methinks.

Have a lovely day everyone!

Have fun honey... coat shopping is on the plan for me too, how cool is that? Am shivering around in cardies at the moment, as coats I have make me look like a sack of spuds. Yay!!!

xxx

Back