Alli takes the scenic route to maintenance

Stood on the scales this morning after Wednesday's madness and have put 3lbs on. Not good as I have weigh in tomorrow and I really wanted to see a small loss. Oh well there's little that I can do about it now.

Today I'm eating:

B: Muesli and milk, clementines x 2
L: sushi (yum!!)
D: Carrot and lentil soup (something light before weigh in LOL)
S: hummous and carrot / cucumber sticks, frozen tetra

My goal for today is to stick to the above without any deviation!!

You can do it Alli!

xxx

Sound yummy to me, I love fish. :)
How did the work thing go at O2 yesterday?

You can do it Alli!

xxx

No I bluddy well can't :mad::D

Lunch was served in one of my meetings today and I wolfed down some sandwiches and some crisps without even thinking. Then we had coffee and biscuits at another meeting this afternoon and I had a couple biccies. Oh well - I've worked out the damage and after dinner I will have eaten around 1400 cals. Still not disastrous, but yet more mindless eating.

This is what I need to conquer - mindless eating. I need to practise the pause before eating so that I can make a proper choice instead of just going on autopilot.

I will have put on weight when I go to weigh in tomorrow for sure. I'm still going to go onto the 1500 plan and stop using CD products. They are a safety net at the moment and it's so tempting to just have a shake instead of dinner on days like today. It's not how I want to eat, though and so I'm gritting my teeth and sticking to my plan to learn to manage with normal food.

On a good point my pm meeting today was in an office on my way home and so I've just arrived home and have all of 20 minutes before I have to pop next door to pick up my kids (my childminder is also my neighbour). Am going to make myself a coffee and savour the silence!

Bess - The O2 thing was good. It's always nice to get out of the normal office setting and meet people. Nothing exciting really, just a very nice day! Miley Cyrus (Hannah Montana) was there rehearsing some Disney thing so my daughter was very impressed when I told her last night :D

Alli, have struggled horribly today as well. Biscuits... bread. Not good. Wilful, determined to do it. What do I do about that? The fact that I still want to mess up even after all I have come through? Baffling.

You may be feeling wobbly hun but your head is focused and you know exactly what you are doing and where you are going. That is inspiring, and I know you will get there.

xxx

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I've come on here to calm down as my daughter is driving me mad!!! It is 10.40 and she has had 2 breakfasts already (Cheerios before I got up and porridge about 10 minutes ago) but is still screaming for more food. I know she is not hungry but she is screaming as if she is about to die and nothing can distract her. She's 5 years old so it's not like she is a baby or anything (deeeeep breath in :(). I've just lost it a little and went into the kitchen and opened all the cupboards and told her to eat whatever she wanted as long as she left me alone for a while. Now I'm feeling like I've a) given into the screaming and b) rejected her by telling her to leave me alone.

Oh well - I feel calmer now :eek:. I'll give me another few minutes before I go and talk to her...

I saw my CDC today and I lost the pound that I put on the other week so am still maintaining well, although I had hoped to lose a bit more. I've now moved up to the 1500 plan and will remain on that for a while. I only bought 3 bars to have as emergency lunches when I'm travelling with work. I'm now not seeing my CDC until mid November so it will be interesting to see how I get on when I don't have a weigh-in for a while.

Today I'm eating:

B: Bran and seed bagel with a little butter
L: Pork Chops with mashed sweet potato, broccoli
D: Butternut squash risotto
S: Grapes

I have enough calories over to have a hot chocolate in front of X factor tonight but will see - might use them for some nuts to snack on instead...

PS My daughter and I have made up again LOL. Like her mother she is not very good at telling the difference between hunger and wanting to eat.

Hey Ali,
Sounds like your doing fab hon maintaining........ your obviously doing everything how you are supposed to do which is great.. and making the right choices..
URGHHHHH I so no where your coming from with the kids and food I have a 2 1/2 year old and 3 1/2 year old and all morning they were saying Im hungry mummy Im hungry mummy none stop and I end up giving in to you do sometimes for an easy life.
Glad you have made up now..
Well done to you hon your doing fab xx

So, your counting calories then Alli? Well done on the 1lb gone by the way. I think maintaining well is brilliant. It is the long term answer to staying slim after all and so difficult to do!
I loved hearing about Sweden, do tell us some more. It's funny I think, we live so close to the Scandanavian countries but most of us know so little about them. I should love to visit Sweden and Norway.
What brought you to England and how ong have you lived here? Do you think you will return one day?
I heard on the radio about Norway being the best place to live last week. The UK came about 23rd! They spoke to an Irish woman who lived there and had young children and she was very happy indeed. She thought that the maternity/paternity system, childcare and education system was first rate. Health care too. Is it the same in Sweden?

It's happened! I suspected it would soon but sometimes thought it might not happen.

I've gone from feeling slim to feeling fat. Last week when I wore my new dress to work I felt amazing. Every time I caught a glimpse of myself I was surprised at how slim I looked and I was thrilled.
This week, same dress, same weight and I look and feel fat. I know it's just in my head but it's real to me all the same. The novelty of being slimmer than before has worn off and now all I can see is that I am not as slim as I would like to be.

I know that it's just that I'm getting used to my new body now. It's a bit like when I bought my lovely red KitchenAid blender a few years ago. The first few days I couldn't go into the kitchen wihtout stroking it :eek: and when I used it I would clean it so well it would sparkle. Then I got used to it and even though I still love it - it's not getting stroked anymore and it's covered in flour.

Reeeeally bad analogy - but hopefully you'll get my drift:D

Anyway - I had an OK weekend. We bought cycles so tried them on Sunday. It was one of those days that sound good on paper. OK weather, new bikes, went to local forest with children and tried them out.

The reality was a bit different. DH spent ages trying to fit all bikes into the car as he hadn't bought a bike rack. After a lot of swearing we finally got in. Got to lovely forest and spent ages putting the bikes back together and getting the children kitted out etc. Managed all of 2 minutes cycling before son fell off bike. Lots of tears and tantrums. My shoes covered in dog cr*p. Daughter scared of the woods and though the Gruffalo would jump out at her and so refused to move and cried blue murder. At this point we were about 20 minutes from the car at the bottom of a hill. The only way back was up. Both children refused to cycle. DH and I snapped at each other whilst pushing 2 bikes each up said hill. Daughter decided to cycle last few metres to the car. Fell off and hit her face on the handlebar - big bruise. Finally got to car and spent ages taking bikes apart to try and fit them back in. Everything was muddy and smelly. Children begged us to never take them bike riding again. Son tried to put his bike in the green wheelie bin outside our house when we got back. Came home and demolished half a bottle of wine...

We're going again next weekend :D:rolleyes:

Bess - Sweden is lovely and yes the maternity / paternity care is brilliant. So are hospitals and other public services. Then again so it should be considering the taxes people are paying. I think it's similar to Norway in that sense. I moved over to the UK when I was 20 as I fell in love with the UK at age 14 on holiday. I thought the UK was so romantic with its tiny houses, rubbish plumbing and general rustic charm. I still love this country but am less enamoured with the lack of space and constant problems with the central heating!

Oh and yes, I'm calorie counting now. I'm on 1500 and don't plan to use packs at all although keep some for when it's really convenient. My CDC told me that she was maintaining by having a shake for breakfast and lunch every day. It really depressed me because I can't imagine to do that, so I'm determined to manage to maintain without the help of CD products. Each to their own I guess.

Time to put the monkey's to bed.

Oh and yes, I'm calorie counting now. I'm on 1500 and don't plan to use packs at all although keep some for when it's really convenient. My CDC told me that she was maintaining by having a shake for breakfast and lunch every day. It really depressed me because I can't imagine to do that, so I'm determined to manage to maintain without the help of CD products. Each to their own I guess.

Hey hun, i know exactly what you mean about the KitchenAid machine....i have the Kenwood patissere thingy and it was stroked daily, but now its in a cupboard covered in flour! Still love it though! :eek:

I agree with what you say about CD products. I dont think real life is about relying on CD for maintenence. I think its about being allowed to take the stabillisers off (sorry for the bike related analogy ;)) and being allowed to ride the bike....successfully most the time but with the occassional wobble!

I used to think i would have to keep the products going becuase i like the taste so much....and now its getting to a point where i cant stand them! 6 months of the same old stuff and its wearing a little thin!
but as you say, each to their own, but its not something i would ever want to do.
Think your calorie counting is the way forward hun!
Well done
xxxxx

Phew...i'm scratching my head here with all you're going through at the moment :) It;s weird isn't it having fat days when we know we're so much slimmer but hey it happens to us all.

You're doing fab hun, keep up the great work xxx

You write really well Alli, it's lovely reading your posts! Sorry about the bike riding session though. :( Some bike racks might make the next time much better, and 'leg strengtheners' for the children - well sweeties actually, for when they flag!

We have a tiny house - well it feels tiny with all 7 of us in it. Rubbish plumbing, definitely - Boxing day (why?!?) often sees us clearing the drains, as the septic tank has back filled all over the garden - once again. I can't work out why the idiot who put it in put it in the garden instead of the field. Ho hum......and rustic charm - well we have that in spades!!

Lack of space? What do you mean?

I agree with you about CD products being expensive if they aren't being used to sole source or 810. My CDC also uses them to control her weight. She'll put on quite a bit and then SS for a special event. Not what I want to do, although they are always available as a last resort.

I'm finding it difficult to maintain but am sticking it out and hoping it will become easier. What a learning curve this dieting is. I also have fat times - that is part of the reason I don't feel very in control now. The scales have gone up a very little but inside I feel as big as I was when I was 4 stones heavier, which is ridiculous!

Agree with Bess, you are a fab writer, loved your long post. So funny & interesting, keep on sharing! Love the kitchenaid story... I was given one, love the look of it & kept it on show for 3 weeks, then put it in attic as I never use anything more complicated than a handblender....

xxx

Good Morning everyone!

I'm exhausted today :4635:- probably a result of eating too much pizza last night. I didn't even enjoy it, but had one of those days when all I could think about was food. Today is a new day and I'm feeling more relaxed.

We're off to Bluewater in a minute to spend a fortune on birthday presents for various birthday parties. I think my DD has 7 or 8 birthday parties to go to over the next few weeks.

If the weather holds up after our shopping trip we are going to get the bikes out. Apparently there's a nice flat run along the Thames suitable for the children and so we are going to have a look at that. Hopefully it will be a somewhat better experience than our last trip as we now have a bike rack for the car.

Am also planning on making peanut butter cookies today. I hope I will be able to leave them alone once made, but I promised DD we'd bake together today so will have to take the risk

I hope you are all having a good Saturday morning! I'm off to have my 3rd coffee (!!) and get my hair done so that we can get going. Disney store here we come - can't wait to spend a fortune on overpriced High School Musical cr*p!! :D

See you later!

Hi Alli,

Hope the bike trip was more successful this time! I hate shopping so hugely sympathise there. I used to go to a little gifty shop nearby and a book shop and stock up on birthday presents so they were handy when we needed them. (4 little girls = contant party round.)
After a while I decided I hated giving party bags at our own girls parties and so stopped but we had a treasure hunt instead in side if bad weather, but mostly outside. I gave each child a different coloured bit of ribbon/string/baler twine( yes I ran out of everything else!) They were told that all treasure could be seen if looking carefully, (making sure there was no drawer rummaging) and they had to find their own treasure which was wrapped in the same bit of ribbon/string that they had been given. If they saw someone else's treasure thay must leave it there.
They loved it, still went away with a gift and I felt the grasping nature of party bags had been dealt with. We still do something simliar at Easter now. The adults like it too - Granny gets very competitive!

Hi Ali..
Hope you had a great time in Bluewater and got all your pressies.....I totally know where your coming from as I am inindated with kids parties at the moment.
Hope you enjoyed the bike trip too!!
xx

Hope you enjoyed your bike ride Alli.... and that is was more successful than last time. I guess you managed to spend all your money in the Disney Store. My boys have lots of parties at the moment too, including a Halloween one, we dont really celebrate Halloween, but I dont stop them going to the parties, I just dont agree with them going out and begging at peoples doors for sweets.

I am also going to maintain once again without CD packs as I want to feel that the diet is over and that I can eat normal again even if normal now is healthy whereas normal before was lots of chocolate etc, I need to feel that I am living a "normal" life again, and we should learn to maintain without the packets, what do you learn if you eat and once you put on too much weight you diet again...

Bluewater trip was successful and came home wiht a lot of pink princess tat and an empty purse! Still that's the next 6 birthday parties done.

Cycling this weekend was lovely as we went to a local park and simply cycled along the paths. I didn't actually get to do any real cycling but at least the children were happy.

The peanut butter cookies were great - but of course I ate too many and then felt sick for the rest of the day LOL. I took the rest into work this morning.

I'm feeling more positive today than i have done for a few days. Maybe it's because it's Monday - the day when the diet starts :). I bought some nuts at the station on the way home from work so now have to forego my planned glass of wine but nevermind. I guess I could always do some exercise to "earn back" my glass of wine...

We're having some friends over for dinner next weekend and I can't wait. I'm spending every evening pouring over my cook books and am trying to decide what to cook. I love to have a theme to my dinner parties - this time I'm thinking Greek food...I was going to do Halloween, but it's a bit childish LOL.

I might start with olives, hummous, taramasalata and pitta bread. Then follow with a Greek lamb stew with Orzo (little pasta), a spinach and feta filo pie and a greek salad. Pudding will be baklava's if I am brave enough to try to make some...

Oooh I love planning menus!

Bess - I love your idea of having a present hunt. Party bags are a pain in the neck!

LOL Laura - Maybe I should drop some of those "eyeball" sweets popular at Halloween into my stew....that would freak my guests out :D:D:D

Yesterday I ate my weight in crackers - plain boring crackers as it was the only thing we had in the house. We'd bought a big box from CostCo a few weeks ago and I dread to think how many I ate. In the end there was only digestives left and they went in the bin....I went to bed really uncomfortable and cross.

Today I've tried something new - actually who am I fooling I've tried this before - still...

Basically I've really tried to relax and just eat what I want when I want, but keeping the portion sizes small. I've worked out how much I've had and it's come to just under 1500 and I've eaten well. It just goes to show that if I don't overdo it I could easily maintain. Now I just need to figure out how I make every day like today....

I've been to Aquafit tonight and it was really good - my arms are killing me now.

Back