ALLI

Well done, you are doing very well, so glad you have no side effects from the pills.

(Got 2x42 at Tesco for £40 and used £5 of Clubcard vouchers..bargain!)
How much, I know someone who is selling these at alot less! If it working for you thats great and well done on your weight loss, thats nearly a stone!:)

These pill are exactly the same as every other diet pill they all work in one of three ways; the either get rid of exess water in your system, fancy labled laxatives or like Alli stops your body absorbing fat - you need fat to burn fat - please read my post here and give this a read:
A NEW over-the-counter diet pill is set to hit chemists' shelves in spring - but its weight-losing magic could be literally too good to be true.

The £1-a-day pill, called Alli, has been given the green light by the European Commission for safety and effectiveness.
But there are concerns over side-effects and what else your body gets rid of with those "lost" calories.
A similar pill is currently available on prescription under the name Xenical.
Alli capsules contain half the dose of the active drug Orlistat found in Xenical.
Three-a-day pill Alli also works by blocking fat-digesting enzymes.
This means that around a quarter of the fat you eat - and the calories this fat contains - is not digested properly but leaves your body in stools.
GlaxoSmithKline, who make and sell both Xenical and Alli, have done tests on the new pill's effectiveness and they say that for every 4lb lost by dieting alone, Alli can help you shift 2lb extra.
So far so good - but what "extra" in that 2lb is your body missing out on?
Strong

Along with the fat you lose in your stools, you also lose fat-soluble vitamins including D and A. Of the two, vitamin D is the bigger concern.
More and more research is indicating its vital role in our health above and beyond the building and maintenance of strong bones by helping calcium to be absorbed. Any vitamin D we get from the few dietary sources that provide it should not be rejected by our body because of a pill.
And it is crucial to understand that losing weight is not simply a case of swallowing a tablet and watching the pounds fall off.
You still have to put in a real effort - you must change the way you eat and burn more calories.
You also need to consider whether you can put up with the side-effects of taking the pills - one is charmingly described as "anal leakage".

Yes, the unabsorbed fat can leak from places it really should not be leaking from, which is not only embarrassing and uncomfortable but obviously creates an extremely unpleasant smell, too.
If you want to lose weight and keep it off for good, the most important tool you have at your disposal is your brain.
Decide that you want to shift the pounds and keep them off for good by changing the way you eat and building exercise into your daily life.
Do that and you will change your body for the better - regardless of any pill.

Squiddie. Thanks for the info. I am really strict on my SW and the Alli is for a helping hand. I take a vitamin pill every night as advised, and have been spending time outdoors (sunlight is a great source of vitamin D) so hopefully i'll be ok. I tried Xenical before and didn't change my eating habits and got nowhere, as your post says! I'm also walking more, and as i lose weight plan on going swimming and have brought a trampoline as well.
It's the SW plan that's helping me change my attitude to food, and in the short term the slight Alli loss that's helping my motivation...as well as all the great help from everyone on here.

I realise I may have come across as patronising and I haven't been well and my brain hasn't been in gear. I really just want to help people make sure they have all the facts. My Mum is a brain box with all diets and diet pills and so on and I get it from her.

Anyway my point - I think if you can loose weight - maintain it and be fit and healthy - do it ANYWAY that works for you! Who am I to judge?! :D

Back