Allowable food question

*sarah-lou*

Gold Member
Hi everyone.

I use the sns meal planner to check my carb content. Now i have sent an email to sns to see if other foods (oxos, beef to name a couple) that are listed on the planner are allowable foods. If they arent allowable foods then why are they on the planner? I find this confusing so attached is the email I sent. And hopefully i should get a reply tomorrow.

I wonder what there reply will be.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130129_194742.png
    ForumRunner_20130129_194742.png
    276.3 KB · Views: 112
Forget the SNS planner, use the app 'my fitness pal' ...it has the SNS meals on there and it's great because you can plan your meals days in advance :)

Thanks hun i have that app on my phone. Will use it now.

i do fill out the sns planner but i too am a mfp fan, it's got everything on there :)

I used MFP but now I use the S&S meal planner as it's S&S that I'm doing! I find the nice simple colour coded aspect of it good. Tells me what level of ketosis that day would give me too. Also, I'm pretty sure that MFP won't let me set a calorie goal below 1200 so even if I had 800 it'll tell me off and say I'm under when S&S would give me a big red naughty sign, which would give me a kick up the bum!!

I do love MFP but I'll be sticking with that when I hit goal and am maintaining I think.

If you look at the S&S planner there are now 3 plan options, one including maintenance. So those things that aren't allowed now will be on there because of maintenance when you can have them. They're just slowly building up the database, like MFP had to.

Oh I know, not saying people should use S&S over MFP. Just saying S&S suits me for now :) MFP has a better database of stuff but I don't vary much atm anyway!

I'm a teacher too. I find work helps me keep on track food wise, until the staff room is suddenly filled with cake or chocolate! It makes drinking water difficult though so I always struggle to got enough in! That's what I'm trying to work on at the moment.

My day is usually...

Breakfast: shake on the way to school
Lunch: one of the meal packs
Late afternoon: bar
Dinner: another meal pack or a protein meal - 120g raw lean meat, 200g veg is often roasted veg, stir fry veg or swede chips

I had egg, ham and swede chips the other day. Was lovely! I stick to the list that S&S gives us because I know for me that's the safest way. Once I start tweaking things, those tweaks can start getting bigger and bigger over time until they're really not on plan anymore! So works better for me to just stick with what they say.

I aim for my calories to stay within the 600-650 range. As a guy I think you got extra don't you Adrian? Doing things this way has helped me lose 19lbs in my first 4 weeks. Think I'd lose more if I drank more though, some days I drink little more than a litre! Oops.

Just checked out the S&S things on the MFP database. The calories and carbs are out on quite a few things so might want to double check things when you put them in.

I've been checking and most aren't that out. Quite a difference in carbs between S&S and MFP though, put today's meal in both. S&S says 633 cals and 42g of carbs, MFP says 672 cals and 51g of carbs. Part of the calorie difference is that the S&S meal planner only lets you add things in 25g increments so if you're in between one of them, it's out a bit. I think they use cooked weights rather than raw too, I only ever weigh raw though. Not really sure which one is right!

Thankfully our staff room is usually pretty good! There are a few people dieting in one way or another so we don't tend to have that kind of stuff. End up talking about weight loss and slimming world quite a lot. They've all assumed I'm doing slimming world and I've decided not to bother telling them otherwise. There's another woman doing SW so she asks me on a Weds how I did and I ask her on a Thurs. She's lost an amazing 50lbs so far!

I think she's been doing it since July, so 7 months.

you are allowed oxo on s&S, I asked on the S&S forum and someone from S&S said it was allowed. I've been putting it in the s&S meal planner and I stay in ketosis on it.

Yeah, she's amazing. I started my job in September but went in for a couple of days in July so saw her near the start. The difference is amazing, really inspirational. It's also quite motivating for me knowing that she'll ask me how I've done each Wednesday. She gets really pleased for me if I've done well, tells other people how much I've lost that week saying how well I've done. So I have people at school asking me how I'm doing too, really helps me keep on the straight and narrow. Also, if there are naughty things in the staff room I sit near her because I know we'll both be trying to stay away!

you are allowed oxo on s&S, I asked on the S&S forum and someone from S&S said it was allowed. I've been putting it in the s&S meal planner and I stay in ketosis on it.

I was so excited when i found this out the other day.

Chicken oxo gravy! Drool!

love sarah xxx

Back