almond milk

Are you all losing weight satisfactorily since having your almond milk? Just that I saw on a French forum that it is banned from the Dukan diet (is obviously made with almonds, is too fatty and doesn't contain enough protein).

We say here, while losing go ahead... but worth keeping an eye on.

I.ll let you know as am only having it in coffee and porridge, but so far so good x

Same here, althou I did have a drink of it last night, but although i had slight gain this morning thats since tuesday and the eh hem chocolate I treated to on Tuesday LOL.

Will give it a see how it goes LOL. Thanks for warnign though

Same here, althou I did have a drink of it last night, but although i had slight gain this morning thats since tuesday and the eh hem chocolate I treated to on Tuesday LOL.

Will give it a see how it goes LOL. Thanks for warnign though

Lol low fat low carb chocolate of course!!

of course!! LOL :D

Well my attempt at making yogurt with these milks.........FAILED!!! After nearly ten hours resting, it was still runny. So instead I have used some custard powder with half the milk to make some cold custards instead of yogurt, and the other half of the milk I have added a gelatine packet to it in the hopes of making a blancmange type pudding. Will see in the morning what it all looks like

making yogurt that is thick is very hard. Probably impossible with skim milk. Can try adding powdered milk.

Lakeland electric yoghurt maker - I make yoghurt at least twice a week with mine using uht skimmed milk and mines really thick - never buy natural yoghurt at the shops now my yoghurt maker saves me a fortune!

I looked at these yesterday cos i thought id give it a go and the principal ingredients are water, SUGAR, almonds (2%), and some other stuff. I stopped at the sugar word - it won't be lactose or like milk sugars, so even though I'm sure it's very nice and low fat, I think it's probably not a good idea on Dukan. I'd rather have my sugar in extra fruit, and drink ordinary milk if there's a choice.

thats why its only occasional, but its very low in fat.

I make all my yogurt with skimmed milk, have done for the last 6 months, only went wrong with the flavour milk.

I looked at these yesterday cos i thought id give it a go and the principal ingredients are water, SUGAR, almonds (2%), and some other stuff. I stopped at the sugar word - it won't be lactose or like milk sugars, so even though I'm sure it's very nice and low fat, I think it's probably not a good idea on Dukan. I'd rather have my sugar in extra fruit, and drink ordinary milk if there's a choice.

There is a no-added sugar version, ST

P x

the new diamond breeze version advertised on tv is less than .9g of carbs, and low in fat too....lower than semi skimmed which is what I use.

Back