Almost a Paleo Girl

Another fab food day yesterday and did my Bootcamp.

Felt a little tired but think thats due to the increased amount of excersize (and my frenzied cleaning night last night) and I didnt have time for my 3.30pm snack - so not much energy but I still had a great workout.

C25K tonight and tommorrow morning (early, like 7.30am) - then im resting until Monday. Ill still try and have an semi-active weekend but 5/7 days is all im committing to at the moment!

I conciously try to up my 'everyday movement' over the weekend....

Walk to the shops.... or park furthest away from the supermarket!!! Have been known to do jumping jacks while waiting for food to cook lol....

Have a fab weekend!!! X

Hello all!

Well its Tuesday morning here in Aus and I have the delightful Aunt Flo visiting.

I weighed myself this morning and im still 75kg. ARGHHHH. Ive been calorie counting all weeek (1200-1300 a day) - and excersizing 5 times a week for 30 minutes a day (which is way more than i used to) - and yet im the same :(

I dont understand it! I know im not going over cals cause i check em carefully, im trying to eat as clean and primal as possible although i have the odd bowl of cereal for breakfast...and yet no movement. I know I dont have any problems losing weight, if i go on vlcd i can drop 10kg like that! *clicks* - but i dont WANT to do a vlcd, its not healthy and thats my ultimate goal really - health.

Im NOT giving up though. Bootcamp tonight, then im going to cook up some black bean chilli for lunch all this week. I do kind of feeeeeeeel slimmer though?
X

Are you eating your exercise calories back? If not then you may be eating too little. 1200-400 (for example) only leaves your body 800 to be getting on with.

Or your body might be one of those that finds 1200 too little?

Are you measuring yourself? If you feel slimmer than you're likely improving muscle tone and shedding fat. You won't be lighter but you will be smaller and healthier. :)

Also, everyone's favourite aunt can screw things up but this weight should go again afterwards. Hang in there and don't let a plateau stop you finding a way to meet your goals the way you want to. x

I also find that when I exercise 3 or more classes a week that my weight is slower to drop.. Took about 3 weeks to see the drop .. And then only because I had a rest week :) lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Ladies x

Ive been speaking to a friend today and she seems to think im eating too few calories. My BMR is over 1500 and im also excersizing so i think my body is holding on tight to anything i feed her. Im going to up my calories to 1500 the rest of the week and see how I go! Since my body is being a C-U-NEXT-TUESDAY - I will weigh in on tuesday morning :)

hehe. Thanks for the support. I admit I feel a little disheartened with all the work im putting in getting nothing - but like you say - i probably am losing, just not on the scales yet.

Thanks again xxxxxxxx

ALSO - I just re-read an old post from a week ago - and i was actually 76.8kg. so in fact, ive lost 1.8kg. which is great. I think ive been dancing around these numbers for so long that i feel im getting nowhere, when i am...slowly :9

onwards and upwards x

Make sure you up your water too.... if you up your exercise.... if you become dehydrated you will hold water!!! : ) X

So last night was bootcamp - i cant deffo feel my fitness improving which im so happy about.

Still doing well and already looking forward to my weigh in on tuesday :) Think im going to have a V active weekend....

I did another Bootcamp session last night and I was just utterly exhausted. My body was aching and I was just utterly tired out. OH said im pushing too hard, Ive been working out 5 times a week, which when ive previously done nothing is a lot to get used to.
Im also working full time and starting up my own business and just spreading myself too thin methinks.

BUT im not using this as an excuse to stop excersizing. Im still going to do BC tuesday and thursday - and C25K 3x a week - but I think maybe have rest days mid-week instead of the weekend....

eating going well. looking forward to weigh in on tuesday!!

Take a rest when you need to..... Listen to your body....

I rest Thursday and Saturday.... But Sunday is generally a long walk rather than anything more strenuos....

You'll get used to it..... X

Agree it's important to rest when needed, otherwise your body can't do the repair processes that make you fitter.

Also, if you've been keeping carbs very low, try increasing them (sweet potato etc) a bit. I haven't got the link now but I read a really good article on liver glycogen and its role in making us feel knackered mid-workout if it runs out. The author pointed out that a lot of people think that paleo must be low carb at all costs but that in fact it should be natural non harmful foods in proportions that work for you and keep you feeling good. :)

I often have more starchy veg (cauli/parsnips) after Crossfit.... or even sweet potato fries!!!

X

Thanks for the tips guys.

Had a rest over the weekend - good news - I slid on a pair of jeans that havnt fit me in years and they *almost* did up! So I said to my OH - I have 100% lost weight - Jumped on the scales and I had gained! So then I kicked the scales along the wood floor in a huff - and when I jumped back on them to show my OH - it said 74.8! - so thats a loss. So basically I have an uneven floor - and im going to listen to the jeans now haha.

running tonight, bootcamp tue, rest wed, bootcamp thurs, run fri, rest sat, run sun.

Eating has been good also - Im going to stop buying chickens and roasting them though - I seem to just waste a lot of meat that way and i just CBA to boil the carcass for stock. So I end up paying like $11 for the breast and two legs.

Have a great week everyone! :)

DOnt forget you may have lost body fat but gained muscle.... so you may not show a massive loss.... but muscle is smaller per pound.....

Take measurements aswell as weighing hun!!!!

x

I agree stripping the meat off the chicken carcass is a pain... BUT if you manage it, you can freeze the bones until you have time to make stock. You can also put the carcass in a slow cooker covered with water and cook on low for 8-24 hours - that's it! If you want to add flavour even a few garlic cloves will do it if you haven't time to throw in carrot/celery etc. I do both of these things all of the time now as like you I found the boiling way too much of a faff. :)

So yesterday it was a scorching 42 degrees here in perth - and stormy, so very humid and horrible. I couldnt go running, just walking home from the busstop had me glistening with sweat and trust me - im not a sweater!!
Plus you just dont excersize in that kind of heat, its like a rule everyone knows. So I kept my cals down low (i think i had 1500) and im going to Bootcamp tonight. It should start cooling down this week so as long as I get my 5 days in im all good. I need a little boost RE: Paleo as well. Im still eating very healthy but i feel I need to get cleaner so ill be working on that this week. Little changes :) xx

Do you use MyFitnessPal.... I use it... More to tweak my carb intake than anything else... find it really usefull... just shows how sugar creeps into places you wouldnt expect!! X

I think im going to use it deezer...ive got an app called "mynetdiary" - which is pretty similar.

I need to get myself sorted this week. Im slipping. I feel the desire to do excersize but then can seem to whack on my trainers and go for it - like i have been doing.

Im also going to clean up my diet again - get back to paleo roots. Been creeping in more grains & suagr than usual and swear that messes with my motivation and energy levels.

X

I think im going to use it deezer...ive got an app called "mynetdiary" - which is pretty similar.

I need to get myself sorted this week. Im slipping. I feel the desire to do excersize but then can seem to whack on my trainers and go for it - like i have been doing.

Im also going to clean up my diet again - get back to paleo roots. Been creeping in more grains & suagr than usual and swear that messes with my motivation and energy levels.

X

It does with me too.... Its like my brain says 'ahhhh you've not exercised so u may aswell eat rubbish.....' or vice versa.....

You wont regret getting out there though hun..... x

Back