Almost a Paleo Girl

I ran last night and I have to say - Once you start it just makes everything better. Im going again tonight (while OH cooks me a val day tea! hehe!) - im going to try and go every night this week and then have a break on monday.

God, it just shows you - once you stop excersizing everything else falls down with it. (For me, anyway!)

Morning all.

Well this weekend was a bust in terms of eating - but great in terms of excersize. I made sure I got out and ran twice this week, went for 30 mins each time (C25K) - Im really glad I did because my diet was appalling. All I ate was ice cream, Paleo was none existant. I am 100% cutting out sugar this week - I need to cleanse it out of my system and then leave it there - I think ive finally realised that I cant just have a little bit and move on - im a full sugar addict.

Hopefully I can clean up the diet this week and keep up the excersize. Im still losing weight though - my jeans are a lot looser which is great x

Well done with the running, yes sugary stuff is so hard to cut out and then even a small amount makes you crave more.. Sigh!

I bought some gluten free (triple chocolate) cookies (weak moment shopping) - I had 1/2. Was ok. But later in the day/ afternoon I just couldn't get them out of my head.. And mouth - lucky the packet was small and I "forced" others to help me finish them! Never buying again ! But biggest prob was the sugar low later... Ended up taking my glutamate tablets and eating macadamia nuts - as the theory goes craving sugar - is really fat. So helped but - dont need to go there again!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi All,

So running is going great at the moment - just on week 4 of C25K and really can feel myself improving.

I bought ministry of sound running trax 2013 after completing week 2, and bought myself a little water bottle/ipod holder for completeing week 3 - once i complete week 4 I am going to invest in some quality trainers.

My eating habits havnt been the best - however I have started to clean it up today. Completly cutting out chocolate and obvious sources of sugar this week, then next week will try and get back into a proper paleo frame of mind. Its not hard once your there - in fact - its easy and enjoyable to eat fresh healthy foods, but its just getting the crap out of your system first.....

Anyway this morning I had scrambled eggs on 100% spelt wholewheat rye with chia seeds. Lunch is black bean chilli made with all natural ingredients - snack was 6 small celery sticks with 2 tbls organic almond butter - and dinner will be chicken with noodles and veg.
Im also running tonight.

I think im going to set some goals on my signiture to keep me motivated too xx

Well ive been neglecting this diary but I am still powering on. Still doing C25K - Once I force myself outside I really love it and the weight is coming off. Ive stopped weighing as it just throws me off track and makes me annoyed! I did the 3 days of pure protein this week to get rid of my sugar cravings - which worked, yippee. Im now just trying to remain as paleo as I can, and trying to fill my body with as much nutrients as I can. The only thing I havnt cut out is legumes, I know its not very paleo of me but I dont care - I think a veggie burger made with black beans and at least 6 veggies is healthier than a meat patty - thats just my opinion and i seem to be going well so far.

The other night I had a huge fight with my OH - we dont fight a lot but when we do it can get quite heated. Anyway in the 6 years we have been together I would probably say ive gained about a stone, maybe 1.5 - which over 6 years, isnt too bad - and he always telling me he loves my body etc etc - anyway...in the middle of this huge bust up he let slip "fat b*tch" - which is so out of character for him and totally winded me. I must have looked like a kicked puppy because he suddenly panicked and tried to back track. I had to pretend I was over it, we made friends and stuff but it really really upset me. Hes not a bad man, he was just angry and said the first thing he could think of - the reason im angry and upset is because to me i HAVE let myself get a bit fat and it hit a nerve because in some ways, it was true.

So I silently made a vow to myself that im getting rid of this last stone/stone and a bit - for GOOD. I see incredible people losing 6,7,8 stone and i only have ONE to lose - so im going to just ditch it. After we made friends I went for my run and really pushed myself - eating well today - and tonight we are going out for drinks but you know what - im not drinking. Im going to have diet lemonade and enjoy my night.

Have a fab weekend all xxxxxx

On saturday I will be launching my new business, after months of hard work and some procrastinating!

I am still running (thank gawd) - my weight is just staying the same - because im back on the sugar. Im so angry at myself (but trying to let that feeling go)

Will be re-starting a sugar -detox plan on sat, so hopefully that will kick me into goal.

Hi Laura, I just read through and wanted to say well done on your losses so far and your determination. I like the principles of paleo but couldn't follow it to a T. I tried cutting out sugar several times and just kept failing and then hitting it soooo hard, for me, I've found moderation is better so I have those small portion chocolates like 150 cal a pop or a small individual icecream 150-180 or so. Can't trust myself near a tub!!! But I find this works better for me and makes me more normal around sugar, especially if I know that I am craving I will have some fruit at that time but know that in the evening I can have my little treat.

How far are you with c25k? I am trying to get myself into the habit of doing a quick run first thing but although I love it once I am out in the fresh air, actually getting myself out of bed 45 min early is proving almost impossible!!!!!!!

Hi Berry :) thanks for popping by! I rarely hve time to write in my diary at the moment but I still check minis everyday :)

I am still doing c25k...I had a period of about 6 days where I didn't run so I'm paying for it now. Yesterday was my 1st day I couldn't finish. You have to get into a routine N just get on with it. I hated it for 1st two weeks but when you feel your fitness changing it starts getting addictive!

I am struggling with my diet. I am not binging and I am still excersizing so I'm not gaining, I just don't have any motivation to make a calorie deficit so the pounds arnt dropping off.

Ill get there, just need to focus!!

Ive run for the last two days and ill be going tonight too.

chicken salad for tea, and yummy porridge for lunch (with flax, chia, organic raspberries and stevia)

I've run last two days too!!! Love the new RunKeeper app - its ace.

Food sounds great. What is chia? I see loads of it on the healthy instragram things I follow but not sure what it actually does/tastes like?

Chia is a super super awesome superfood. It's just tiny black seeds, they have absolutely no taste, so I sprinkle them on eggs, porridge, yoghurt etc for an extra kick. They are high in calories though xx

Sorry for butting in. If you look on the rawtarian. Com website and other raw food websites they make some yummy deserts with chia seeds

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

So this weekend has been a bust for food. Its not that im pigging out per say, its just the types of foods im eating.

For example, I will wake up and break off a piece of an easter egg for breakfast. Then lunch will be a toasted wrap with melted cheese, spinach tomato etc...

then tea pasta with dolmio sauce (full of sugar!) - and greated cheese. then biscuits.

Its not that im eating constantly, but when I do eat its so junky that im probably eating twice as many calories as I should. I dont get it, I know how to eat healthily and I have the money, space, and knowledge at my disposal so why am i not just DOING IT???!

Must.get.in.zone!!!!!

Hello :)

I am actually in the middle of a sugar detox.
Once I get all the crap all out of my system I always find Paleo much easier to do, like 10/10 easy. It might be all in the mind but it works for me.

I am on day three And doing well :) just eating fresh veg n protien! No grains or sugar of any kind yet!

:) xxx

Back