Almost one week in, and weigh-in plans

BijouHope

Hi everyone,

I've been enjoying reading your posts here for a couple of weeks now, so you lovely people are partly responsible for my decision to embark on Exante. :) Thank you for making it sound possible and sane. And thank you to those of you who posted welcome messages when I commented on another thread!

After very successfully losing over five stone on the Dukan diet a couple of years ago, I allowed circumstances to get the better of me, fell off the wagon, and regained the weight. This is very bad for my arthritis as well as my appearance and general health, so I need to do something about it - this time for good. I'm not in the mood for planning special meals and controlling my food intake on any of the regular diets that I have tried before (and I've done quite a few!), but I know I need to get the weight off and keep it off.

So here I am on Day 7 of Exante Total Solution. My intention is to take it four weeks at a time, signing myself up for further blocks of four weeks if I feel I am doing well on the plan and if I feel I can bear it for longer. I am using the 4-Week Mixed Bumper Pack, having a soup for lunch, a bar late afternoon, and a shake in the evening. I have also bought one sachet each of the porridge and the pasta carbonara, which I am saving in case I get very bored with the main pack.

When I placed my initial order, I promised myself that I would stick to the diet for the full 28 days otherwise the products (and money) would be wasted. Because of this, I have decided that it doesn't make sense to weigh myself before that time is up, so I plan to keep off the scales until it's time to order a second bumper pack (to see if I want to make the further commitment).

Weighing every four weeks might sound odd but, realistically, if I were to weigh myself daily or weekly, what difference would it make? If I lose weight quickly, that would be lovely, but I don't really gain anything by monitoring it all the time, since I have made a firm decision to follow the diet for an initial four weeks, regardless of the results, and a big weight loss would be a nice surprise at the end. If I don't lose as much weight as I had hoped, I would find that demoralising - and since I am following Total Solution 100% and drinking 2 litres of water every day (not counting coffee and tea), there is nothing I can do about it, so I would be depressing myself unnecessarily. And if my weight loss is erratic, watching every little fluctuation doesn't give a true picture of the overall result. Besides, I didn't weigh myself at all when I was piling the weight back on, so it's not as if regular weighing is already part of my routine.

So I'm holding out for my first weigh-in on 10th June, and the results of that will help determine whether I carry on with Exante for a second month or move onto something else. At the moment, I feel as though I will be continuing, but time will tell.

All the best to all of you.

Hi bijou! Already said something regarding this in mother thread but looks like this ones been missed!

i like you theory on the weighing and really good luck doing it xxx

I really admire you strength in not weighing every week. I am one who has scale obsessions and it can make things quite stressful. Wishing you all the best for your journey x

i love your theory BijouHope x

I really really wish I had the willpower to do that! I would love to step on the scales and see that huge weight loss after doing it four weeks, it would probably be better psychologically because I wouldn't be obsessing over what the scales say.

Good luck! I might follow your lead if I can build up the courage! X

Actually you know what? I weigh in on Monday, if i make it into the next stone bracket on Monday (into the 15s) I will follow your lead because I know what will happen, I'll get into the 15s and start obsessing that I still have two and a but stone to lose before I get down to where I was 4 years ago and ill start psyching myself out. So if I get into the 15s on Monday I will not weigh myself for four weeks either. Ill give the scales to my fiancé and he can take them to work or something lol!

Thank you for giving me the idea! Xxx

Great idea, I am currently limiting myself to the once a week weigh in and the results keep me motivated but to be honest the real motivator is that every sunday I try on next size down clothes and I love that every week something else from my old wardrobe fits...so it's like getting new clothes all the time!! Good luck and keep inspiring!

Thank you for the comments, ChellyWellyBoot, Alia, Deedee39, Beautifulbride2013 and Irnbrutwins. Of course, I'd love to know how the weight loss is going, but it's just curiosity. I can see my face and barrel-shaped abdomen looking a tiny bit less fleshy already, and I am looking forward to the prospect of a great big consolidated loss, all at once at the end.

Good luck, beautifulbride! The first few days of not-weighing are the worst! Now that I'm on Day 10, I don't even think about it :D

Thank you for the comments, ChellyWellyBoot, Alia, Deedee39, Beautifulbride2013 and Irnbrutwins. Of course, I'd love to know how the weight loss is going, but it's just curiosity. I can see my face and barrel-shaped abdomen looking a tiny bit less fleshy already, and I am looking forward to the prospect of a great big consolidated loss, all at once at the end.

Good luck, beautifulbride! The first few days of not-weighing are the worst! Now that I'm on Day 10, I don't even think about it :D

Aw thank you bijou! Next Monday will be my last weigh in then I'm doing 4 weeks off the scales as I'm sure (touch wood) ill get into the 15s as I only have 1lb to go. Ill be on here for support from you! Day 10 is amazing. X

Oh I like this idea Bijou as I find myself weighing on a fri before the weekend to keep myself focused and then my actual weigh in on the tue and my measurements.
Am hoping by next tue I will be in the 14's so maybe we could start a 4 week weigh in thread and really wow each other?

Your right it does become obsessive and isn't healthy, plus I find the people who know I am on this ask me every week and does your head in after a while so this sounds like a plan xx

Four week wi tread would be good it may stop my obsession with the digits too x

What an amazing idea :) can you imagine the high you will get getting in the scales after 4weeks and seeing a HUGE loss I'm on day 4 and so far have managed to hide the scales to stop temptation

I'm in the 15s! So the scales have been removed from the house. No more weighing for four weeks! Aaaggghhhhh!! The first week is going to be hell. Xx

Haha! Good luck! :D Actually, I find that it takes some of the pressure off, because all I have to do is make sure that I follow the diet. I don't need to worry about the results. Not yet, at any rate ;)

Haha! Good luck! :D Actually, I find that it takes some of the pressure off, because all I have to do is make sure that I follow the diet. I don't need to worry about the results. Not yet, at any rate ;)

That's very true Bijou. We know it works if you do it properly. And if I can't weigh myself it means I can't see the damage done if I slip up, so it'll stop me from slipping because I can't fix it as quickly. X

Quick update on my four-weekly weigh-in plan. Today is my first official weigh-in. It has actually been 26 days, not 28, because I need to allow time to order a new box of Exante products if I am going to continue with this particular diet rather than switching to real food, so I have to allow a day or two for that to arrive.

So, after 26 days on Exante, I have lost... 17 lbs! I am very pleased with that. Of course, I would have been even happier if I had lost one extra pound because I would have crossed the threshold into the 14-stone-something bracket, but I'll just have to make do with weighing 15-stone-on-the-nose instead. In my first four weeks on Dukan a couple of years ago, I lost 15 lbs (from a similar starting weight), so this is slightly better. Enough to have made me decide to sign up for a further four weeks of Exante, anyway.

I do find it easier when I don't weigh myself all the time. The first few days were hardest, because I was desperate to know what was happening. I kept having to remind myself that there was nothing I could do about it, regardless of what the scales said, because I was already following the plan 100%. The only thing that could change if I weighed myself would be how I felt about the diet, and if progress was slow, that wouldn't do my motivation any good. If I follow the diet 100% then the actual weight loss on the scales is entirely down to my body, and there is nothing further I can do to influence it. And after a meal out on Friday, the same principle applies if I haven't followed the diet 100% - I can't change the past, I can only change the future, so the only thing I can do is get back onto the 100% track immediately, and looking at the scales won't help me one little bit.

Here's to the next four weeks! :D

Well done on a great loss! I have been toying with the idea myself of making the WI gaps longer. It would probably help me to not constantly think about my weight but just keep going with the plan and get on with life.

Well done bijou!! Are you going to keep up with the only weighing every 4 weeks then?? =)

Congratulations. That is an incredible loss. I bow down to your will power! Good luck with month two, I'm sure you'll do just as fantastically well again :)

Back