Almost one week in, and weigh-in plans

Fabloss bijou
Think I am gonna follow yr lead and join u but not till after this wedding on 22nd.once thats out of the way will wait the 28 days. I have some evenings out including food like u said then gives u plenty of time to get back on track rather rhan constantly dreading wi day each week! Xx

Brilliant loss Bijou! I think it is great that you managed to stay off the scales for so long. I have to admit I have already got on the scales after 24 hours!!! I can't resist it. Maybe if I put them in the boot of the car or something. I have to admit, I have THREE sets of scales..one weighs really heavy (obviously don't use that one, must throw them out), one weighs very light (I use them when I am trying to fool myself and one weighs just right (this is beginning to sound like Goldilocks and the 3 bears now) :D

Thank you, BeeBeeSee, Chelly, Buttons, Slimwannabe and Goldie. Yes, I'm going to keep to my plan of weighing every four weeks. I'm sticking to Exante TS for the next four weeks anyway, as I have bought the box of food replacements and there is precious little chance of losing four-and-a-half stone and reaching my goal before that time period is up! :D

Weighing in the interim can't change anything, other than potentially making me fretful and derailing myself. Or getting me all excited about a particularly good short-term loss, only to be deflated when it is followed by something less spectacular. On previous diets, daily or weekly weighing has always offered me too much scope for becoming demotivated. This time, I'm just aiming for the eventual destination, and I prefer a smooth ride to get there rather than an emotional roller coaster! :)

Well done! That's an amazing weight loss you should be very happy xx

I'm wondering... Could I? I certainly should. Can I manage to stay off the scales til the end of the month at least? If I can get over urge to weigh, I'm gonna do it!

I'm wondering... Could I? I certainly should. Can I manage to stay off the scales til the end of the month at least? If I can get over urge to weigh, I'm gonna do it!

I will if you will. I need to break the scales addiction

I will if you will. I need to break the scales addiction

Challenge accepted! Just talked it over with my hubby and decided to do it - I'm planning on seeing this through anyway so why worry about the intermediate results? So, Sunday 30th is our next weigh in day! Whoop. Am quite excited ;-)

Good luck girls!!! Can't wait to see your losses at the end of the month!!!

How ya hanging in there star?! Sooo glad I don't know where my scales are! Dying to know, but also so glad I've had nothing to fret over :) TS is going pretty well, 99.9% on track and feeling good. Hope you're having a good week too. x

Good luck, Buttons! I've got another week and a bit still to go.

Good luck buttons. Im scared to go so long without weighing especially as I feel I've derailed somewhat this week! Will be checking for your progress xx

well weighed in, 9.8lbs for the whole of June (5.6lbs since last weigh in 17 days ago) not quite as good as I was hoping but not terrible so I am quite pleased :) Now do I go back to weekly weigh in or go for another month? Got exactly one more month before my holiday and goal date, doubt I'll make my goal weight, but it'll be what it'll be.... not sure what to do?!

U should be pleased as thats a steady 2 and a bit pounds a week loss which in the long run will be more maintainable!
If yr more relaxed with just weighing the once a mth I would stick with that as sometimes weighing weekly can do yr head in when its not what u are hoping to see. And going through that weekly does have an effect on yr mood etc then.
I am dreading my wi on tue as I know ive not had a good week :(
But really a huge well done buttons xx

Thanks Slim :) Don't beat yourself up about a bad week, you'll get there in the long run, I've got a heck of a week coming up - just as well I'm not weighing in next week!!!!

Hi Buttons..congrats on the weight loss..you are doing brilliantly. If you can stay off the scales and manage it I think it is a good strategy. I wish I could! I am going to try to weigh less often as it can completely alter how I feel about my day (good and bad)

Thanks guys. Weighing in really does mess with your head, doesn't it?! I much prefer the long distance weigh in. I can fluctuate a pound either way within any 24 hour period and obviously when it goes up I get depressed. At least over a few weeks it will add up :)

Back