Alpaca's stream of consciousness - IS BACK ON THE WAGON!

Well done on the loss Di. x

Just finishing at work and will scoot home on the bus... can't wait to flop on sofa with a creamy coffee ... double bliss with an extra dollop of blissful double-ness on top!!! xx:bliss:

If you go to SW things might work out wonderfully well. However if you are planning to eat rice, potatoes, pasta etc - and even fruit and higher carb vegetables - then you may end up right back where you started.

I can't lose weight by eating even a normal but reduced number of carbs. Many can, because they don't have my extreme carb sensitivity/addiction.

If I had a nut allergy I would avoid nuts entirely. Likewise a strawberry allergy, or even a Penicillin allergy. I now view certain carbs, the ones that trigger slip after slip and usually lead to mad bingeing, as 'allergens'. They affect me very badly indeed and any pleasure I get from eating them is counterbalanced by the cravings, the hunger and the eventual weight gain they cause.

Please think carefully before walking away from ketosis. And please also watch that cream intake! 2 Tablespoonsful per day maximum provided it does not stall you. It ain't easy! ha ha.

Glad your weight is still going down hun x

Your posts are always so wise girly... I know I'm still addicted to food - although not sure what food - it's volume control I lack I think... And I've certainly not paid any attention to myself or body over the years so that's why I feel such a newbie in the dieting world despite have a weight problem for decades! Lol

I am very nervous about going out of ketosis and also having such a wide choice of easy to eat food on SW... I Know that i could easily scoff a nIce, cosy rice dish curled up on the sofa or a jacket potato - although it's probably not as appealing without butter lol... Thats why I've been watching calories a little more and reducing fat intake lately... Just as an experiment to see what the scales do...

So maybe my next step is to see how the scales go over the next couple of weeks on lower fat and cals and then make a decision... I'm only 2lbs off a 3st weight loss which is completely down to Atkins - so it's not bad at all! :) x

Hi Di, i think you are doing great on atkins:). We always want more and want it fast (thats addictive in itself) - but actually it's the little pieces over time that add up:D. Atkins always said we couldnt even call something a stall unless we were fully legal and lost nothing for 4 weeks in a row:eek:

Anyhow, keep focused which ever plan you use;)

Morning happy campers :)

I feel a bit thinner today! Ha ha

Have Physio and hydro this afternoon after I drop off the vile response... It's taken years off my life! Lol

Then will need to sort out abscess... Am off to Belfast on Thursday for long weekend...

Breakfast this morning will be Atkins shake... And possibly one for lunch as well. They are so handy! Not as filling as an Atkins fry up but I like them ...

Hope you all have great days! :)

Morning Di, enjoy Belfast at the weekend, it's a lovely place

I'm half Irish as well and have never been further south than Donegal... Can't wait to get away although I think I'll still need the seat belt extender this time... I need to lose a bit more...

Belfast is a lovely city, you will have a blast - and re the seat extender, just say to yourself, "This is the last time I will ever have to use one of these..." :D

Yes you're right Susie... When I was 17 something I didn't need one !! I shall cry with joy when I get to that point! Lol :)

Good plan! :)

Evening Di. Glad you've finally cracked that work:)
Xx

Morning all :)

I just need to crack on with huge backlog of work that's been on hold while sorting response then I shall feel demob happy for the long weekend in Belfast...

Physio really worked my butt off yesterday! Lol and I did loads of hydro too

Also, just for the moment, I think low carb with low-ish fat and low-ish cal is working ... So I'll continue with that for a while... Bodies are so strange - they have a will of their own! Lol

Haven't really thought about menu today - might be having lunch with a friend - somewhere close to the office... Definitely have a cheeky little Atkins shake lined up for breakfast though! Lol

Hope you all have good days :)

another 0.5lb lost! I'm getting SO close to losing 3st since May!!

Can't wait!

Thank you ALL for helping me on this journey... I've moaned a lot, and been impatient a lot - but you've all helped me through those difficult days!

Onwards and DOWNWARDS! :)

Back