Alpaca's stream of consciousness - IS BACK ON THE WAGON!

Have just looked back at MFP... And my calories have increased by roughly 400 per day since last November! So I reckon that's my problem ... Maybe. I know we're not meant to count calories but maybe that's it as the actual type of food doesn't seem to have changed... Also I wasn't having much alcohol and now I have it on the day I see pilot - empty calories and that is used first by the body!

So I guess it's teeth gritting time and just reduce my portions ... Will try and give it a go anyway

Hi Susie... More than happy to stick my food on here... You might see something that I'm missing :) xxx

I keep an eye on my calories, I find it helps, but I don't panic over it too much either. I try for around 1400 a day but some days I'm around 1000 and on a couple of days I've hit 2000 - I think mixing it up now and then stops the body knowing what to expect.

If your cals are up from when you were last losing well then certainly worth looking at - and you don't necessarily need to reduce portion sizes too much. Prawns, slices of roast beef and chicken are all super low in calories, and say 100g asparagus is only 2g carbs and barely any cals. So you can introduce things like that as snacks and meal fillers and be full while not too high in cals.

You will get there in the end Di. You've you've come so far. X

Morning all you lovely lot

Will be out all day

B - 100g portobello mushroom, 50g courgette, garlic, 3 rashers of streaky bacon, coffee and unsweetened soya cooked in coconut oil and butter

the BMR is what your body needs just to stay alive if you did nothing all day, so all your organs work properly...what you are looking to calculate is TDEE total daily energy expenditure...the number of cals ur burn each day at whatever given exercise level you do (sedentary, light etc) and then eat somewhere in between your BMR and TDEE.

Ah... That makes sense... I must wear the watch that Alpy has its the PF7 I think which I have but is currently unemployed in my drawer at home... That might give me what I use up energy wise ... I think it might help to make this process more scientific! Lol xx

Sounds very tech to me, as long as I am loosing I will stick with just counting carbs and not worry too much about the calories. Time to go there when I stall.

Just home... Walk in the park - regents - then dinner and a show

No alcohol ...

D - chicken tikka with little salad plus sag bhaji

Gave 3 pieces of the chicken to pilot

Had 3 baby bel lights during the day with black coffee ..

Let's see if I can kick a** before my flight on Wednesday! Lol xx

My little piece of input Di is that yr fat intake is too low, forget the cals & eat fattier foods. Low carb & low fat doesn't work, have a week of fatter stuff & you'll get yr whoosh, keep yr carbs low & yr fat high & you'll burn baby burn....xxxx

Will up the fat tomorrow Linz... Thank you xxx

Let's hope so Susie xxx

Love you! Xx

Oh no!

Back