AlphaKitty: The Adventures

I'm new here. This is the first site I have come across for this kind of thing that I have felt I wanted to join. I like that it is function first, and advertising is not the main motive.

I'm AlphaKitty. I'm 46. Married 22 years, with child who is in her last year of high school. I work at a university, in a history research institute in the publishing wing as managing editor. I have BA and MA in history, so it is a great job for me. I've been there 15 years. It is, however, a sedentary job, and one that does not require any fashion sense. I am afraid I have let myself go.

Once upon a time, a long time ago...I was young and athletic. I hiked to 18,000 feet in the Himalayas and ran off to live in Turkey. I was fearless. In my head I am still that person, but when I actually take a look at myself I see that it has been a long time since I did what she used to do to look as great as she did.

In the Spring I was using my treadmill every day and walking and from work and lost 20 pounds. In the summer I was riding my horse and I tore a muscle in my hip. Just today I was able to walk to and from the office. It had been four months. I had really missed it. I do my best thinking when walking. So that was great.

I am a novelist. I am not published and am not sure I want to seek publication. I have written three 400-page stories in a series, and am writing a fourth right now. I have a laptop on a shelf on my treadmill. I love to write while walking. The best of two worlds, no need to feel guilty for surfing the internet. Now that my hip is better I am feeling optimistic about exercise.

With me, food is not the problem. I have proven many times that I can get my food under control. As soon as I stop exercising, everything goes to hell.

Hopefully with the help of you all, I will be able to get going and keep going. That is what I have "object in motion" in my signature.

I am so happy to meet you all :)

Back