Already had 100 syns today...

Mandlegrot

Gold Member
Tuesday is weigh in day, and the day my new week starts. I usually count my Syns weekly as it helps me stay in control of random things that happen where I might not be able to keep on plan.

I'm super, super stressed at the minute, and ended up having 100 Syns today on chocolate, hot chocolate, biscuits, the lot :(

The quandary now is; how do I scrape this back and get a loss or maintain next week? I'd really struggle having no Syns...I'm wondering what the damage would be if I give myself 60 syns for the rest of the week? Calorie wise, I've done this before and got a loss. Last week, I ate way over my Syns and lost 1lb, but those Syns were part of meals, rather than crap on top of my on plan meals today.

I'm going to try and do more exercise but I'm in a lot of pain and choices are limited by having no funds and bad joints which are just agony this time of year.

Eughhhhhhh

I managed this this week. Over the weekend I had KFC, donuts, chocolate, fudge, alcohol, crisps....I could probably go on! Anyway, I decided on Sunday to try salvage something and I did Success Express for 2 days, had no syns and drank a swimming pool worth of water and I STS at weigh in. Just do your best x

I would just draw a line under today and continue as normal using your syns as part of the plan and making sure you don't go over for the rest of the week. Don't get too bogged down that you had a bad day or set yourself up to fail by depriving yourself of syns all week xx

Carry on as normal but try to incorporate extra superfree and superspeed foods. Try to make your snacks superfree too

Binge eater checking in! First, a tip: Forgive yourself and do something nice, like paint nails or buy a magazine. Negative thoughts will only trigger more eating. Also I have found restricting syns afterwards doesn't work. Give yourself 15 a day again. Sometimes I get 'aftershocks' and you may need to wean yourself off sugar over the next few days. Free and superfree for meals -- lots and lots! -- and your normal syn treats.

If I have had a blowout, I tend to success express and use speed and super-speed foods to try to keep my metabolism ticking over quickly.

Don't beat yourself up though, it's counter-productive. It's done now and we cannot time travel back and undo what has already been done so as others have said, draw a line underneath it and move on. I have had a few gains over the last few weeks and lost it again.

As the manager for my area says "it's like hot jelly, it's not set yet".
If you are part of a group, get back to your next session, get weighed in and STAY to IMAGE therapy. It's like having an older brother or sister or even a parent to dust you off after you fell off your bike but the important thing is to get back and and pedal off into the sunset! :D

Thank you everyone :))) Feeling much more confident that I can pull it back - day on plan today, had 6.5 syns. Am going to try and stick to 10 per day which is doable whilst giving me some room to enjoy something nice each day. Walked 7000 steps the last 2 days, am going to aim for 10,000 tomorrow plus a few hours on my allotment...going to exercise as much as I can every day and cross my fingers. Have a clear week ahead, lets hope I can pull it back!

@Phoenix - I always go to group and stay every week without fail, regardless of the scale. Even when I was living in my van and traveling all over England for odd jobs, i was weighing in in different towns and cities to keep routine, even when gaining for weeks on end through stress. I notice my dedication is so much less if I don't stay to group so its so important to stay for me :)

Is it ok if I chime in with a newbie question and ask what Success Express is? I'm doing SW from home and feel a bit in the dark at times!

Is it ok if I chime in with a newbie question and ask what Success Express is? I'm doing SW from home and feel a bit in the dark at times!

Success Express is where you try at each meal to eat 2/3 superfree & 1/3 free rather than the other way around. Snacks are limited to superfree. Plus you count Syns at the highest value in the book. (sorry maybe missing bits as never done it!)

Just wanted to say thank you for starting this thread as it's really helpful

After a year on SW and feeling guilty after going over syns and torturing myself etc I have finally gotten rid of that guilty voice and find that after being off plan on Xmas day and today (boxing day) the best thing to do is go back to normal on plan, don't restrict your syns. Instead of using all of your syns on Choc and crisps etc, use some on healthy fats like avocado and oat cakes. Nobody here should ever punish themselves for indulging, afterall, what is life without food!!
Merry Christmas to you all.
XxXxX

Sent from my U8815 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back