Alternate sources for Lipotrim?

DiscPete

Motivated by you lot!
Hi,

I've just finished searching these forums to find out if I was paying too much for my weekly Lipotrim supplies and there are a few topics which already cover this, so I won't go over those again.

In a nutshell, I've read that most people from mainland UK are paying £36 a week for the female version and £48 for the male, whereas I am paying £58 in Belfast for the male version, and apparently it's even more in Southern Ireland. Various letters have been sent to various head offices but there doesn't seem to have been any changes to date.

So, assuming there won't be any changes in the foreseeable future, my question is this: are there any other sources available to purchase Lipotrim.

The Lipotrim website states specifically not to purchase from eBay and to be fair, I'm not sure I would like to buy from an unknown source as you have no way of knowing what's in the packet.

There is a pharmacy in Prestwich which does mail order for £4.95 per any quantity, which would save my a fiver at least, but it only seems to be for the maintenance products. I think this is actually a good idea as I do like the fact that by selling the TFR product from pharmacies only there is a certain amount of control to stop the diet being used irresponsibly.

Does anyone have any other suggestions regarding alternate sources which are reliable, reputable and perhaps just a tad cheaper than some of these chemists?

Thanks for listening/reading.

-Pete.

Last edited:
Hi

Not too sure about Lipotrim, but there are other online sources of TFR shakes & the like, I imagine they're all pretty much the same principal? If you google them you should be able to find some, if that's the route you want to take.

Hannah

Mine are €68 a week in Dublin for female, much cheaper in UK and NI...

Sorry Pete, down south also and 67 euro here for females, so can't help on that one. Good luck.
Doirin

I pay €65 in the south....

However if you ever visit England then I have found explaining my situation has helped and most pharmacists will oblige and let you buy at least one week there. My last visit I was able to buy 2 weeks in each of 2 pharmacies.... I came back with 4 weeks in hand luggage and paid £144 instead of €260....... eek, never wrote that down.

I am doing refeed in anticipation of my holidays next week but will keep up the LT refeed on hols and go back to TFR when I get back.

I think one of the girls on here gets her LT via an email contact.

Good luck on your quest and I agree, the price difference is disgusting.

65 euros in the south is rediculous, worse than the North, so I shouldn't really complain, but no harm in trying to save a little money.

I do go back to Wales fairly often so maybe I'll try and pick some up there as suggested. Thanks.

It's €65 in Ballyfermot, dublin for female.

I pay €85 for mens in wexford south ireland.. Ouch.

I pay €85 for mens in wexford south ireland.. Ouch.

85 euros by my calculations is roughly £73 - that's just unbelievable! I feel for you Stevo.

It's so very tempting to look at eBay with those kind of prices; in fact out of curiousity, I did have a look and for me the prices didn't seem very good anyway, plus you'd need a regular supply - I would worry about running out as well. :mad:

I guess the problem with getting them consistently on mail order is that you are meant to be supported and progress checked by trained pharmacy/medical people on a weekly basis.

I know some would say their people aren't very professional or supportive, so no one shoot me down, lol - but that's the *theory* and prob why it's hard to find alternative sources :)

Hows about a different diet? Im not too sure on their prices so look them up but am sure the cambridge diet and lighterlife do the same programme like LT (tfr).

Mind you, i am a LT bunny - i think its the best EVER so it pains me to suggest others but i understand where your coming from with the money issues - it is ridiculous that they can charge much more just for being in a different country!

Hi Pete,

Have you tried Exante? (www.exanteinc.com)

I switched from Lipotrim to Exante and I'm getting on really well with it - in fact I much prefer it.

You can order a variety pack online for just £36.75 + P&P. The flavours are great and there are no artifical preservatives, colourings or aspartame (which is the real reason I chose it).

Let us know if you decide to give it a go!

Hiya Pete!!

Nope im afraid not, Im from bangor and had to go up to the falls for mine and it was £45 a week for me

Where in belfast are you from? xx

@Elle-emm - I agree with you, I am actually very happy with the service I get from my pharmacist, just not the price.

@summergurl - A different diet is a possibility and I am tempted by both the Cambridge diet and the W8 one. May check them both out. However, like you I love the LT diet and why fix it if it ain't broke?

@xsarahloux - Hi and thanks for the tip, I am going give that one some serious thought if money becomes an issue.

@Isha - Hi. I've never even heard of Exante but had a look at their site and it seems very good, however on their checklist of no-no's it says you mustn't be on any prescription meds and unfortunately I am at the moment. I will investigate further though.

@ChellyWellyBoot - yeah I guess that would be about the same at my pharmacist, although I pay more for being a bloke, lol. I go to McGregor's on Botanic Avenue and he seems decent enough. To answer your question - I am living in the Bass Buildings on Alfred Street (quite near the city centre), but only until December when my work runs out, when I will return to South Wales to find another job, unless I can get something here. I will be really sad to leave Belfast/Ireland as I love the place. :sigh:

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

-Pete.

i pay €86 euro for the male sachets in dublin... as shocking as that is i still end up spending a lot less on that than i would buying food for the week so its not all that bad :D

hubby paid 85 euro a week i am on 65 euro a week in s. ireland got a shake thingy to do when on the move - re work - cost me 13 euro a rip off big time i think no consideration given to the economic times!!! have never used it - think i will take it back - glad u are enjoying belfast city - come south u will enjoy ireland even more as us southern girls are a lot more friendly than our northern ones - only joking have u hooked up with chellywhellyboot yet she is one of the best
love munchies xo

rip off try lidll

i pay €86 euro for the male sachets in dublin... as shocking as that is i still end up spending a lot less on that than i would buying food for the week so its not all that bad :D

86 euro for a mans food bill for the week is scandalous i think "chemists" take advantage of men cause they don't really know the value of their food - try Lidl (spelling not good) try the fuzzy brain it goes after a while on l.trim xo xo
love munchies xo:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

@ChellyWellyBoot - yeah I guess that would be about the same at my pharmacist, although I pay more for being a bloke, lol. I go to McGregor's on Botanic Avenue and he seems decent enough. To answer your question - I am living in the Bass Buildings on Alfred Street (quite near the city centre), but only until December when my work runs out, when I will return to South Wales to find another job, unless I can get something here. I will be really sad to leave Belfast/Ireland as I love the place. :sigh:

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

-Pete.

You can have my job if you want and ill go to wales?? lol im soooo fed up of Northern ireland lol!!!

hubby paid 85 euro a week i am on 65 euro a week in s. ireland got a shake thingy to do when on the move - re work - cost me 13 euro a rip off big time i think no consideration given to the economic times!!! have never used it - think i will take it back - glad u are enjoying belfast city - come south u will enjoy ireland even more as us southern girls are a lot more friendly than our northern ones - only joking have u hooked up with chellywhellyboot yet she is one of the best
love munchies xo

Ooooh munchies I was reading that in shock until i seen the last bit :p hahahaha :)

but thanks for compliment chick :D xxxx

Im very happy with the Lt going to find the money no matter what.Its a small price to pay for a healthy bod at the end of the day.

Back