Alternating your points every day, can this accelerate your metabolism???

pixar said:
maybe i read the plan wrong, i read 10 points over, but maybe assumed it would be 10 points lower to balance it out:D.....well i have no interest in going 10 points over.. i don't mind going few points lower to boost weight loss, but def dont like the idea of going over points, esp not by 10, it would make be feel like i over ate, but i guess if it helps at the plateau stage then its got to be done, i hope i dont get to that point for ages, still have 4 stones to loose :cry:

I wouldn't have under the points your supposed to have... That doesn't work believe me....Banking points means your still eating the correct amount of points you should have for the week but just eating them in a different way. Just eating under your points allowance will not necessarily speed up your losses.

ive never got my head around this banking yr points, i remember them mentioning it in the classes few years back but never really understood. If i am allowed say 20 points in a day, i always just had either the full 20 or less by 1-2 points. With this banking points is this how it works? lets say my allowance is 20 points in a day, can I have have 16 on monday, 16 on tuesday but on wednesday have 28 ( 20 points usual and 8 points extra from banking ) and then go back on usual 20 for thurs/ friday/ saturday and sunday? have i got the idea?

But banking your points was only a max of 4 a day not what 10 as it is on the WP

On the WP you only have a minimum of -4 from your original points target. The scheme is as follows:

Day 1 your normal points allowance +1 point
Day 2 your normal points allowance -2 point
Day 3 your normal points allowance +10 point
Day 4 your normal points allowance -4 point
Day 5 your normal points allowance +0 point
Day 6 your normal points allowance -2 point
Day 7 your normal points allowance -4 point

You can start your week with any day number (for ex start with day 5 and continue with day 6, 7, 1, 2, 3, and 4) but it is advisable to always leave at least 48 hours between your High Day and weigh-in. High Day can be your weigh-in day if you get weighted early in the morning.

It does work!

kagome75 u know this famous banking that i always hear, I haven't quite got my head around this:) If my daily points allowance is 20 points, could i have 16 on mon and 16 on tues, have 28 on wed ( 20 usual points and 8 from banking mon/tue) then thurs/fri/sat/sun have my usual 20. is this how it works?

Nothing will EVER convince me to try it lol Each to their own but whats to stop me making up a plan slapping a name on it and bandying it about as a WW plan?? In fact I think Ill try that, say that every day with a T in it allows you to make chocolate free :giggle: And Ill call it the Sandy plan, see how long it is before it catches on ;)

Like I said when I was doing WW if it wasnt good enough for WW to adopt then no way Im doing it. I lost about 9 stones with WW and did it by playing by the WW rules

But good luck to anyone who wants to try it :)

wow 9 stones, that excellent. cant wait to get to 9 stones:cry:

kagome75 u know this famous banking that i always hear, I haven't quite got my head around this:) If my daily points allowance is 20 points, could i have 16 on mon and 16 on tues, have 28 on wed ( 20 usual points and 8 from banking mon/tue) then thurs/fri/sat/sun have my usual 20. is this how it works?

yes it is. You can save a max of 4 points per day which you can then either have all in one occasion or on more than one. So if you save 8 points between mon and tue and then have the 8 points all on a wednesday, and then have your normal target the other days you are just fine :)

Nothing will EVER convince me to try it lol Each to their own but whats to stop me making up a plan slapping a name on it and bandying it about as a WW plan?? In fact I think Ill try that, say that every day with a T in it allows you to make chocolate free :giggle: And Ill call it the Sandy plan, see how long it is before it catches on ;)

Like I said when I was doing WW if it wasnt good enough for WW to adopt then no way Im doing it. I lost about 9 stones with WW and did it by playing by the WW rules

I've used it and it has worked for me Starlight. I understand your being skeptical, as it's not an official ww plan and I agree, nothing stops you from making up your own plan and publishing it on the Internet: Wendie has never said that her plan was backed up by WW nor has she ever attempted to say it was "official". However, it WORKS and this is the main thing. A lot of people have used it, either to get out of plateaus or to keep on losing weight or to fit the plan with their life without feeling guilty about eating more on a day they go out. WW allows you to bank points and use them and the Wendie plan just gives all this more a structure. There's nothing wrong with that!

It works so well that people have also adapted it to the new PP plan to use the weeklies in a more structured way. As I said, I understand you not wanting to use it because it's not "official", but if it works, I don't care if WW backs it up or not. I go for what works for me!:cool:

I'm glad it does work for you like i said to each their own

I'd love to know the WW take on it. Do they agree with it in principle - and if they do why haven't they made a variant of it part if their plan. Even as a tool for plateuaing members. Kind of like one SW have. Or do they not approve with it in principle?

Oh and I mean that in a genuinely curious way honest. I'd hate to think WW didn't approve it just cos they didn't think of it lol

Last edited:
I'm glad it does work for you like i said to each their own

I'd love to know the WW take on it. Do they agree with it in principle - and if they do why haven't they made a variant of it part if their plan. Even as a tool for plateuaing members. Kind of like one SW have. Or do they not approve with it in principle?

I think that for WW the Wendie plan is just something that a member has done to give herself some discipline. The basics of the WW plan (whichever it is) is to give you tools that then YOU can decide how to work out for your own life. The Wendie plan is probably too structured for WW official liking, because it restricts the single member's freedom of deciding when to have more points or less. I think this is why it hasn't been taken aboard, but they haven't tried to sue Wendie or to make her close down her webpage, and this shows that they're not against it as a principle. I think they just accept it as something some of the members may want to try but it's not officially recognised because as you rightly said, everyone can create a structure that works for themselves. I now tend to eat all of my points on weigh-in day, after weigh-in and then on Discover I was playing catch up and with propoints I only eat the normal 29 propoints. There are people who instead find following totally the Wendie Plan would help them. A friend of mine has lost almost 50 Kg (nearly 100 lbs) using the wendie plan to the letter from day 1. I use mostly the principle of it, the big day followed by the low calorie day to kick my metabolism and it's always worked for me.

That's the good of WW there's no real rules (except the healthy guidelines) and it's good that it keeps being like that :)

I've been underpoints a little (wasn't planned just couldn't hit my points target) but after some great advice on how to get things working better I've lost 4lb this week.
The diet does work as is without tweaking it so far.
I guess my point is don't try to fix whats not broken ;)

I discovered the banking thing by accident really. I found that when I had a night out that I'd saved points for, I'd always have a bigger loss at my next weigh in. I never follow the exact set numbers as written by Wendie as that would be too strict for me, but having a splurge has always done me good. I'm almost down to 17 points now so for a decent night out banking points is essential really for me.... It's taught me about balancing my food intake ( real life eating habits I'll need to continue when point counting stops )....x

Each to their own but whats to stop me making up a plan slapping a name on it and bandying it about as a WW plan?? In fact I think Ill try that, say that every day with a T in it allows you to make chocolate free :giggle: And Ill call it the Sandy plan, see how long it is before it catches on ;)

:17729: Love it and your sense of humour x

wow 9 stones, that excellent. cant wait to get to 9 stones:cry:
The above quote says it all really. Be a little more patient and gentle with your self. Try setting smaller achievable targets rather than looking at the end picture. A good diet is a healthy diet which teaches you about long term eating styles not a quick fix for the beach/wedding. birthday or whatever. Have atrget of losing a pound a week (over two stones in a year) Any more than that be really pleased with your achievments. Good luck x

thanks for the motivation brightenrose, it really helps. Its my 1st week on the diet and i feel so far way from goal:) But i know ile get there because I did it before when I lost 4 stones and no I can do it again, its just so horrible starting from scratch:(

The above quote says it all really. Be a little more patient and gentle with your self. Try setting smaller achievable targets rather than looking at the end picture. A good diet is a healthy diet which teaches you about long term eating styles not a quick fix for the beach/wedding. birthday or whatever. Have atrget of losing a pound a week (over two stones in a year) Any more than that be really pleased with your achievments. Good luck x

Thanks for this, ive been feeling quite down about losing 1lb a wk.

I think my problem is that I want to hurry up and loose this weight as its effected my confidence and other things I want to do, I know with saying that people are going to say well do a stricter diet like cd, but they would just drain me, I couldn't go a whole day with milkshake, I would physically be sick so I thought maybe playing around with yr points might help rev yr metabolism, instead of sticking to yr 20 odd points everyday, one day do 18, next 22, next 19, next 23, like up and down them, but make sure it adds the same at the end of the week.....just wondered if this way of doing the plan could have a better affect?

You need to decide one of two things. Do you want a really fast weight loss or do you want a slower easier plan

If you want the fast weight loss then WW isnt for you and it has to be one of the VLCDs, youll lose easily a stone a month but its shakes and nothing but shakes

If you want to do WW then you need to just buckle down and accept that youre only going to lose 1 or 2lbs a week - around half a stone a month.

Believe me, theres NO way to speed up WW losses, if WW is what youre doing then you need to just do the plan the way its designed and stop looking for short cuts

Yer I guess :cool: Actually I would be happy with 7 pounds in a month, makes 1 stone in 2 months, thats quite good, maybe I should just chill and stop panicking, I know I cant do the shake diets, tried them all, def want to stick with ww...

Back