Alternating your points every day, can this accelerate your metabolism???

pixar

has to be done this year
I was wondering if I was to eat all my points one day on the discover plan and then the next day eat 2-3 points less and then the next day all my points and then the next 2-3 points less and so on, would that give me a better loss? would it have an effect on accelerating my metabolism?

Not necessarily - no. Thats the way some people just naturally do the diet, under by a few some days then have some theyve banked other days. Youre better just aiming for your allowance and see how you get on. Honestly there are no quick or extra tricks with WW :)

:)) I thought I was trying to be smart. I thought maybe it might accelerate my metabolism.. thanks anyway

pixar said:
I was wondering if I was to eat all my points one day on the discover plan and then the next day eat 2-3 points less and then the next day all my points and then the next 2-3 points less and so on, would that give me a better loss? would it have an effect on accelerating my metabolism?

Alternating your points can give you a boost... Google The Wendie Plan... It explains it on there really well....I do it quite often....good luck...x

You see my point tracer:) I was thinking that alternating points everyday so I'm not eating exact calories and fats everyday might give me a boost, I mean I don't know how much it will effect it, but even half a pound extra a week this rate will be excellent. I always do hear that changing foods and reducing/ increasing cals will promote a better weight loss. gotta put it to the test i guess:)

hold on let me check out the wp plan:p I think im trying to jump before I can walk :D already trying to be smart with being on the diet for 2 days, no good, i should be patient:mad:

That's meant more for if you start to plateau though not for someone just starting out.

actually this second time I slimmed down with the old plan (before pp was introduced) I followed the principles of the wendie plan from week 1 and I've lost constantly and never hit a plateau. I think that if you know how to use the ww plan, then it's not necessary to wait hitting a plateau to start following wendie. Boosting your metabolism is good in any case!

Wendie plan is something I've personally never liked and never done. Im a great believer that if you choose a diet you do it the way it's meant to be done. I always felt if the Wendie plan was such a good idea why didn't WW adopt it or at least the principles of it in the plan.

I've never understood why people decide on a diet then instantly start tweaking it

hmmmmm I think i should check out this wendie plan:)

we are just to inpatient starlight:)) summers coming up and I think people are panicking and wanna boost their weight loss...

O i see tracer, hmmm maybe your right maybe for a beginner it isn't the right route, I'm so inpatient because summers round the corner...Im already trying to ways to tweek the diet, silly me:))

Starlight said:
Wendie plan is something I've personally never liked and never done. Im a great believer that if you choose a diet you do it the way it's meant to be done. I always felt if the Wendie plan was such a good idea why didn't WW adopt it or at least the principles of it in the plan.

I've never understood why people decide on a diet then instantly start tweaking it

WW did allow for it really on the Discovery plan, they always said if your planning anything for the weekend that you were allowed to bank some of your daily points ( they even do this now on the PP by giving the 49 weeklies, that they've banked for you). It's what suits your own body, but I still think you should learn the plan and see how you go before you start experimenting.

But banking your points was only a max of 4 a day not what 10 as it is on the WP

I totally agree though that you need to get used to a plan first before making changes

It just does my head in on Minis when you see people saying I'm having 10 points less than I need/I'm not having any syns/I'm only going to have 2 shakes a day instead of 3 :mad: 10 mins on a plan and people think they know better than the diet company do (oh and that's not aimed at anyone here just incase anyone takes offence ;) )

Everyone wants as quick a weight loss as possible Pixar but WW isn't a quick fix diet. If this is the one you've chosen then you need to accept losses of 1 - 2lbs a week. The weight didn't go on in the space of a few weeks it's not going to come off in a few weeks ;)

:D no offence taken dont worry> im jst open to all opinions and ideas, I know sw diet very well but not so much on ww, I mean Ive done the ww 4 years ago but need some ideas on it in case things have changed or people have opinions on getting me started but I think I should just stick to my 20 daily points ...Wow I looked at the wendie plan, Im not sure if i like the idea of going 10 points over one day and 10 points under, i mean 10 points under is ok but im not sure if 10 points over sounds good:D.. But i guess it balances it self out, u still eat the same points through out the week, mite try it when i get to that dreaded platue stage :mad:

The Wendie plan I follow you never have 10 points less than your dailies??? You save 2 or 3 here and there then have a day with 10 extra as your boost day. I've done Discovery for over a year and lost over 60 lbs now ( didn't find the wendie until 6 mnths in tho)...the plan is brilliant but any hints or tips within the plan are always interesting and worth a try at times when we're struggling a bit....x

yer i guess :sigh: I think im just panicking that summers round the corner but I guess i should be great full that u can eat all the foods u enjoy and still loose 1-2 pounds a week> I tried the fatloss4idiots for a while and boy I was dying to come off it because i missed carbs so much, i was literally dreaming of the day when I completed the plan so I could have a eat a hot meal like lasagna or a bowl of cereal, pasta/rice etc, some sweets, choc etc... It gives a good weight loss but what do u expect theres no carbs ;) ile def stick to the ww, even if the loss is slower, im more likely to stick to it because it makes me feel human again

maybe i read the plan wrong, i read 10 points over, but maybe assumed it would be 10 points lower to balance it out:D.....well i have no interest in going 10 points over.. i don't mind going few points lower to boost weight loss, but def dont like the idea of going over points, esp not by 10, it would make be feel like i over ate, but i guess if it helps at the plateau stage then its got to be done, i hope i dont get to that point for ages, still have 4 stones to loose :cry:

Back